Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,075 members, 7,957,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:32 AM

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED. Duplex Or Block Of Flats For A Diasporan? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / URGENT ADVICE NEEDED. Duplex Or Block Of Flats For A Diasporan? (255 Views)

Urgent Request Pls, I Need Duplex Or Solid Bungalow To Buy Around Ikosi Estate , / Need Selfcon/Flat/bungalow/Duplex OR Place for Shop/Church/Shool In Lagos ~ENTER / How Much Will It Cost To Build 2bedroom Duplex Or Bungalow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED. Duplex Or Block Of Flats For A Diasporan? by Indigbo: 11:33am On Apr 04, 2022
My uncle in London is about to make a decision whether to purchase a Duplex or Block of Flats in Lagos Nigeria. He's tired of spending a lot in hotel and now he want to buy his own holiday home. He's considering either Duplex or Block of flats, but want me to advice him which one he should go for. I would have recommended Duplex but who's gonna live there when he doesn't want any relative to live there? My problem with block of flats is the no privacy because of other tenants if he's to rent part of the flats out. He doesn't like Bungalow at all.

What do you think is the best for him as he only come home once in a year or in two years?

Duplex or Block of flats for a Nigerian in diaspora with his wife and kids?
Re: URGENT ADVICE NEEDED. Duplex Or Block Of Flats For A Diasporan? by Gabrokpara001(m): 3:05pm On Apr 04, 2022
Indigbo:
My uncle in London is about to make a decision whether to purchase a Duplex or Block of Flats in Lagos Nigeria. He's tired of spending a lot in hotel and now he want to buy his own holiday home. He's considering either Duplex or Block of flats, but want me to advice him which one he should go for. I would have recommended Duplex but who's gonna live there when he doesn't want any relative to live there? My problem with block of flats is the no privacy because of other tenants if he's to rent part of the flats out. He doesn't like Bungalow at all.

What do you think is the best for him as he only come home once in a year or in two years?

Duplex or Block of flats for a Nigerian in diaspora with his wife and kids?

This predicament can easily be solved by coming up with a mix use residential apartments in form of semi-detached Building.

May i suggest apartment A to be a very portable 2 bedroom Building complex with every other standard facilities i.e dining, kitchen and so on, Attached is another apartment , apartment B a 3 bedroom complex of same nature ( A semi detached 3bed & 2 bed ).

The reason i pitched a semi detached apartments is because of the rental value it ll pull against traditional block of flats, and only educated and financially stable tenants seek for such housing type. Your uncle can then choose too either inhibit the 3 or 2 bedroom ( i ll advice the 2 bed since he isn't always around )

i am an architect you can contact via WhatsApp or call 09037396586

Attached below is a pictorial representation of what i am trying to say.

DISCLAIMER
I am not the designer nor do i posses the building plan of the sample below, i only pulled it out of the internet in other to help you visualize, however it is not beyond me to produce a design such as this. thanks

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Friday Financial Wellness / Mini Factory With Office Building/ Hotel Capable Rooms By Lotto Estate Main Gat / *9* *and* *half* *plots* *for* *sale* 9 And Half Plots Of Land Facing Main Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.