Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,750 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' (52514 Views)

Celine Dion At Grammy: Picture / Celine Dion's Look In The 1990's Vs 2019(Photos) / Fan Slams Simi Over Her Wig And Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by obailala(m): 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2022
BabaIbo:

Are you normal at all?
Then she should have kept shut instead of trying to paint a picture that shows people are not supporting Wizkid because he represent Nigeria.

Everybody must not support Davido and everybody must not support Wizkid, let everyone do what they like without being called out like Simi indirectly did.
Who did she mock? She asked why people were mocking davido.... If your support for one artist entails that you have to mock another, then you really need a lot of growing up.
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by victorazy(m): 1:04pm On Apr 05, 2022
SmellySperm:
Ojota Celine Dion cheesy
No love in the street. Y'all celebs are bunch of fakers.

Omor AG baby should not see that comment o

Ikorodu Beyonce! grin grin grin
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by Premiumwriter: 1:05pm On Apr 05, 2022
happney65:

If she does not to congratulate Davido. She is within her rights. Davido can go to Hell for all she cares. She might not want to congratulate him

And if she is on the side of wizkid she is still within her rights. We are in the era of the cancel culture where all you people face one place without no reasoning. Everyone has a right to support who he or she wants to. You should stop be forcing your sef and making what you think you want to be the right which it might not be. We see a whole lot of people on SM facing on direction and claiming all of you must face that place too. If you don't face that way you are cancelled which is wrong.

Whatever she says,she is within her rights. QED!
she's within her right.

Just as she's free to pick sides, others too are free to pick side.

But she pretending like she didn't pick side is what is the problem
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by SURElee(f): 1:09pm On Apr 05, 2022
SEGLIZ:

funny enough as it may, the guy brought is father to limelight not the other way round.

if not for this son of his who would have heard of adeleke even with his wealth? we know other rich kids trying so hard to use some dirty reality show to gain fame and break into the entertainment industry.

this guy fought his way through won the heart of the street where never belonged also learnt the rope, he became a passage between the street and the estates.

the has paid the necessary dues he deserves to be loved. he has even given more to the street where never belong since he found the street than those that came from the street.

#ONELOVEFOROBO

God bless you for saying the truth. Despite the wealth in their family, he grinds like say no silver spoon dey at all.

I love his large heart for people.
He should just continue being him and forget whether the people he celebrates or associates celebrates him.

1 Like

Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by melodyisaac: 1:14pm On Apr 05, 2022
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by Popjoan1: 1:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
Karhma:
I am a big shark in a small wale
ok,bye...
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by BafanaBafana: 2:24pm On Apr 05, 2022
Foolishbuhari:

OK what is then? Do you know the honor of that? Why do y'all FC always want to downplay Davido's achievements?

Davido performed on a global world cup stage, y'all should suck on that!

Big ups to Wizkid but he doesn't deserve a stupid and toxic fan base as y'all. Even going as far as attacking and bullying Angelique Kidjo on her own Instagram page! WTF!!
Do you know who was nominated for the previous world cup?
I guess no! It's not such an achievement, they can decide to give the job to anybody!
Imagine it was Justin Bieber that was nominated, would he be looking for congratulations? You guys should stop justifying Davidos childishness
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by BafanaBafana: 2:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
DrGeoAngel:

Not achievement to sing in over 200 countries at the same time?

Where is your sense?
For an upcoming artist it is actually.
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by BafanaBafana: 2:27pm On Apr 05, 2022
BlaqFaze:
At the level Nigerian music is now, winning a Grammy is not an achievement. Wizkid and his fans should grow up undecided
Being nominated for a Grammy alone is an achievement for US artistes. No matter how big they are. Grammy is the iron throne.
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by BlaqFaze: 2:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
BafanaBafana:

Being nominated for a Grammy alone is an achievement for US artistes. No matter how big they are. Grammy is the iron throne.
Likewise singing in a Fifa world cup theme song...Waka by Shakira comes to mind undecided
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by Litmus: 2:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
Dorwadora:
I don't even know why she's been attacked. Her tweet was not mentioning anyone. In fact the tweet might be a thought on tribalism. I'm surprised that the comments section decides to attribute the tweet to Davido which I consider to be immature

She was perceptive, she can see that some Africans pretending to be Nigerians are out there in the social media realm injecting Tribalism into Nigeria Music industry space as a means of sowing division thus braking the perceived oneness that gives Nigeria music its dominance, edge or advantage.

If you cannot help brake up Nigeria the country, then brake up the peoples' sense of Nationality so it results in equalizing the playing-field for the rest of Africa i guess...

The girl has my renewed respect. Clever girl.
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by BlaqFaze: 2:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
BafanaBafana:

Do you know who was nominated for the previous world cup?
I guess no! It's not such an achievement, they can decide to give the job to anybody!
Imagine it was Justin Bieber that was nominated, would he be looking for congratulations? You guys should stop justifying Davidos childishness
I don't want to argue with you sha but you have to know that the world cup is the biggest entertainment piece in the world... most of these us artiste would relish a super bowl performance in their career and guess what?! The super bowl is like an ant compared to the world cup in terms of viewership, the world cup is the most viewed sport tournament in the world and these viewers are going to watch Davido.

If you like downplay this however you want but the whole world will know Davido and some people may not know Wizkid exists undecided

1 Like

Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by ken045501: 2:54pm On Apr 05, 2022
Problem with Davido is that he seeks validation always . If he feels people don’t praise him , he get angry and say it’s because he’s father is rich . David is part of his problem
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
Oshodi Celine Dion
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by LostMyZeal(m): 3:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
Dorwadora:
I don't even know why she's been attacked. Her tweet was not mentioning anyone. In fact the tweet might be a thought on tribalism. I'm surprised that the comments section decides to attribute the tweet to Davido which I consider to be immature

You really gonna keep telling yourself that, huh?

The hypocrisy in her tweet stinks to the high heavens, considering their attitude towards Davido undecided
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by Enemyofpeace: 3:03pm On Apr 05, 2022
Shadysen:
change it
why? Na my birthday gift from Mynd44 o
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by Bamzyriches451: 3:24pm On Apr 05, 2022
Foolishbuhari:

Na your fada get talent. Werey!
Make I just pretend like say na your papa you call werey so. Bye!
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by olowoeyinkule1: 3:29pm On Apr 05, 2022
The guy wey twitt "Ojota Celine Dion" no go make heaven. This i have seen.
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by Traplord09: 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
Foolishbuhari:

Bros just speak English. Pidgin no be by force na. Or you kukuma speak Ashanti make we translate

9ja get english I mix just like a remixes
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by Realhommie(m): 4:10pm On Apr 05, 2022
Dorwadora:
The tweet was actually a follow-up because someone attacked her for not celebrating Davido. She had first responded to that and then this one. It makes a whole lot of sense.

I don't know what is wrong with most people on Naija cyberspace. I mean what is the big deal in performing for FIFA? It's a personal achievement and anybody has a right to either celebrate him or not. This is one of the major reasons industry colleagues don't really dig David coz he's so immature, his fans too.
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by Realhommie(m): 4:18pm On Apr 05, 2022
SURElee:
Why is it hard for Naija celebs to celebrate Davido for his wins, but they will jump to donate 1million naira just to be in a list of donors so they can get benefits back from him in future.

Too bad.

You don't hate somebody simply because of his wealthy background, the guys is trying to make a name for himself na
Please define hate, will you? Social media is even a place to see fake love...

And mind you, there's life outside social media. The way una dey tag people haters just coz dem no do as you expect is frightening. People have their own lives to live.

Make una rest.
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by Aaay: 5:27pm On Apr 05, 2022
grin
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by placeofallure(f): 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2022
pyyxxaro:
Okokomaiko Rihanna grin

Idumota Beyonce grin

1 Like

Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by Classickj(m): 6:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
Treasure17:
The animosity between 30BG and FC on the social space is frightening. Some celebs looked away when Davido featured in the World Cup soundtrack which is a major win for Nigeria but Wizkid failing to win Grammy is where they draw the line. Lol. Which one is Fatai though? grin
Fatai Na AG baby real name
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by crystalpapers(m): 6:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
Please can you translate the meaning of Fatai

Adekunle gold bears fatai also. From his Muslim background..
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by Shadysen: 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
why? Na my birthday gift from Mynd44 o
are you book haram, why are you enemy of peace?
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by Bola146(f): 7:11pm On Apr 05, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
Ojota Celine Dion. grin grin grin Seun, Mynd44 and lalasticlala come and see chomtin o, they've finished our sister o
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by AleAirHub(m): 7:33pm On Apr 05, 2022
That guy will not make heaven grin grin grin
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by maasoap(m): 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
SURElee:
Why is it hard for Naija celebs to celebrate Davido for his wins, but they will jump to donate 1million naira just to be in a list of donors so they can get benefits back from him in future.

Too bad.

You don't hate somebody simply because of his wealthy background, the guys is trying to make a name for himself na

What kind of benefits is that? Lol. I like how you twisted their act of generosity towards Mr beggar sha. Just know that some of the donors are richer than Mr beggar.
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by dastancypayne(m): 9:39am On Apr 06, 2022
victorazy:

Ikorodu Beyonce! grin grin grin
Is she from Ikorodu?
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by Braga90(m): 12:40pm On Apr 06, 2022
obailala:
Not sure I understand what's wrong with the heads of Nigerian youths. Singing at the worl;d cup might be notable, but I don't see how that should elicit congratulatory messages.
Notable you say? See it like this; if a Nigerian has always been picked to perform at every fifa world cup stage, you can rightly say it's not even notable because by now it would have been a commonplace but the fact that he's the first Nigerian among the few Africans to perform for fifa is nothing Short of a feat, the least we can do as Nigerians is acknowledgement. For God'sake Grammy is awarded every year!!
Re: Fans Blast Simi Over This Tweet, Call Her 'Ojota Celine Dion' by Braga90(m): 1:09pm On Apr 06, 2022
BlaqFaze:
I don't want to argue with you sha but you have to know that the world cup is the biggest entertainment piece in the world... most of these us artiste would relish a super bowl performance in their career and guess what?! The super bowl is like an ant compared to the world cup in terms of viewership, the world cup is the most viewed sport tournament in the world and these viewers are going to watch Davido.

If you like downplay this however you want but the whole world will know Davido and some people may not know Wizkid exists undecided
Spot on! You nailed it.
The football world, a global sport would now know a davido from Nigeria, but for the Grammy artistes for whom winning Grammy Is their be all and end all, their hall of Fame doesn't extend beyond Nigeria and among the afro-diaspora around the world. But performing for a globally loved sport (football/fifa) OBO is stretching beyond the horizon! from Durban to Casablanca, Lisbon to Vladivostok, Tokyo to Istanbul to Paris! Davido is going for the sun.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uti Nwachukwu's Family Before And After / Amber Rose To Undergo Breast Reduction Surgery (Photos) / Cee-c Shows Off Hourglass Shape In Sexy Black Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.