Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,589 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Nigerian: Tyler Okonma Wins Grammy Award. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian: Tyler Okonma Wins Grammy Award. (581 Views)

SA's 'Jerusalema' Hitmaker, Nomcebo, Wins Grammy - Beats Burna Boy (PICS) / Tyler Perry Reacts To Racquel Bailey's Billboard Advert To Get His Attention / Kenneth Copeland Bought Tyler Perry’s Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian: Tyler Okonma Wins Grammy Award. by waterbrown24: 1:04pm On Apr 04, 2022
Tyler, the Creator Wins Best Rap Album for Call Me If You Get Lost at the 2022 Grammys.

Tyler, the Creator has won the Best Rap Album award at the 2022 Grammys for
Call Me If You Get Lost. He scored his second win in the category (following Igor in 2020) ahead of fellow nominees Nas (King’s Disease II ), J. Cole ( The Off-Season), Kanye West (Donda ). (Drake
pulled out of the category, withdrawing
Certified Lover Boy from consideration in December 2021.)

Tyler posted his acceptance speech via an Instagram story following his win. “First off, I’m hyped,” he said. “Thank you to DJ Drama. You are fucking so important to rap music… Thank you to all of my friends for being my cheerleaders.” He also thanked his team for letting him “make an album where I can just flex all goddamn day.”

He added: “I know you’re seething and angry and, ‘argh, no one listens to that album.’ These arena tours that are selling out says different. And if you put that much energy into something maybe everyone will be proud of you, too.” Find his full acceptance speech below.

Tyler, the Creator was nominated for Best Melodic Rap Performance this year (for “WusYaName”), but the award ultimately went to Kanye West for “Hurricane.”

https://pitchfork.com/news/tyler-the-creator-wins-best-rap-album-for-call-me-if-you-get-lost-at-the-2022-grammys/

lalasticlala
mynd44

1 Like

Re: Nigerian: Tyler Okonma Wins Grammy Award. by PlayMaker14: 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2022
Congratulations....

Taty Billion is the next in line.
Re: Nigerian: Tyler Okonma Wins Grammy Award. by BSdetective: 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2022
Lol..... it's one thing to have an nyamiri name and another thing to be an nyamiri. Tyler the Creator is a full akata.
Re: Nigerian: Tyler Okonma Wins Grammy Award. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2022
What award has he won for heaven? Worldly award
Re: Nigerian: Tyler Okonma Wins Grammy Award. by Pdalds: 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2022
Congrats to him
Re: Nigerian: Tyler Okonma Wins Grammy Award. by waterbrown24: 1:23pm On Apr 04, 2022
BSdetective:
Lol..... it's one thing to have an nyamiri name and another thing to be an nyamiri. Tyler the Creator is a full akata.

You are such a boring troll!

Go back and read what you wrote again.

You sounded Like someone suffering from.multiple dis-orders!

My Candid Advice to you: If you can't stand his wins kindly take an overdose of rat poison and end your miserable, painful, never ending sufferings or better still donate yourself to one of your Obas as 'Abobaku', and end your sufferings.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian: Tyler Okonma Wins Grammy Award. by waterbrown24: 2:28pm On Apr 04, 2022
BSdetective:

give your candid advice to your rettarded mother........you posted this in politics section to drive an agenda becus you little divks nyamiris can't stand others in the spotlight....everything is always a dvck measuring contest for you punks.....still you come out at the bottom.

Incoherent rants of an Abobaku pig!

It must really be the fault of Ndigbo that wizkid, tems and kuti lost out on a grammy Award Night!...

Like I deposited earlier on: go and take an overdose of otapiapia and end your miserable Life.

when The Igbo brag, failed enslaved entities like 'Yoruba pigs' with-out fixed address should keep momm. you degenerates are beneath our feet in all metrics of life.

We keep winning while you degenerated pigs keep wailing, holding placards and scream " Igbo domination."; Apparently we got the tiny dicks to measure, do yaribas have any? apparently none. That is why we use our tiny dicks to Bleep your butt holes and y'all scream out in pain from our heavy thrusts'.

PIG!

Bomb.2022

(1) (Reply)

Yul Edochie’s Wife Reacts As He Takes A Second wife / “na So Disease Take Dey Spread” – Reactions As Pretty Lady Devours ‘rats’ With R / Weather Is Too Hot": Nigerian Lady Abroad Fries Eggs In Video Under Direct Sun L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.