Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe (3678 Views)

"Nextier SPD" Is Owned, Partner And Finance By Igbo, Why Wont They Project PO / I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo / Igbo Why Are They Like This ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by Racoon(m): 9:04am On Apr 05, 2022
Rotimi Amaechi, the honorable minister of Transport, has reportedly joined the 2023 presidential race, while clearing the air about his ancestry he revealed that his name is Chibuike Amaechi and he is an Igbo man by birthright, heritage and ancestry.

He said people would only contest this fact if they want to be sectional and deny the Igbo people. He said he is an Ikwerre man and his people are Igbos.

After Joe Igbokwe came across that news, he took to his Facebook account to react by saying that the Honorable minister of transport, former two term governor of Rivers State and former two term speaker of the Rivers State House of assembly once said publicly that he is not Igbo.

Joe Igbokwe asked why the sudden change in statement now because he cannot deny the Igbos in the afternoon and come to them in the night to pay allegiance. Joe Igbokwe noted that this is not the hallmark of a serious and decent person, informing Rotimi Amaechi that they are not babies.
https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/amaechi-once-said-publicly-that-he-is-not-igbo-why-the-sudden-u-turn-joe-igbokwe

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by kingsways: 9:09am On Apr 05, 2022
I do not take anything Igbokwe says seriously

24 Likes

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by Racoon(m): 9:12am On Apr 05, 2022
Even Joe Igbokwe who denied his linage for gutter maintenance is also talking? Never trust most of these politicians.

-"I will never go back to the PDP. PDP is beyond redemption!" -ATIKU ABUBAKAR

-"I will never leave APGA. I'd rather quit politics. PDP is a curse to the South East!" -PETER OBI

-"I would rather die than to join APC!" -FEMI FANI- KAYODE_.

-"May God punish me if I ever leave PDP!". Gov. Bello Mohammad Matawalle

-"I will not join these people who carry brooms like witches. Over my dead body!" -Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi).

-"Only house helps go around with brooms" -Godswill Akpabio.

-"If APC fails to perform, Nigerians should stone us!" Tony Momoh.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by vicdom(m): 9:13am On Apr 05, 2022
cheesy
See this paid Tinubu urchin, comissioner of gutter cleaning and sewage drainage cheesy
Onye okponsi ndi Lagosians grin wink

26 Likes

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by DispatcherLagos: 9:14am On Apr 05, 2022
Is IGBOkwe even igbo? If yes, where is his house in igbo land?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by vicdom(m): 9:16am On Apr 05, 2022
grin
I wonder why Tinubu and his foolish urchins are afraid of Amaechi's ambition?? Is there anything they are not telling us?? I will even vote a dog, rag against that drug baron senile spineles idiotic hand tremors ridden Tinubu come 2023.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by tobillionaire(m): 9:16am On Apr 05, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
Is IGBOkwe even igbo? If yes, where is his house in igbo land?
how about the one your people burnt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by OkwuEziokwu(m): 9:21am On Apr 05, 2022
Lol Joe Igbokwe!!! grin grin I would really like to flog that man. Proper flogging. Menz go naked am, come hold him hand and and leg make e dey levitate. Come light small fire make him preek and aji amu dey feel the heat. Tie ya ezigbote ihe.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by DispatcherLagos: 9:21am On Apr 05, 2022
tobillionaire:
how about the one your people burnt
Has he rebuilt it? If no, then he doesn't have a house in igbo land and as such, not a bonafide igbo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by Akponmfet: 9:43am On Apr 05, 2022
The name of Amaechi's tribe is Ikwere and will always be known as Ikwere.
Why are meth people always so needy and desperate for attachment?
There are so many other similar tribes in Nigeria and they never call eachother one,Efiks,Ibibios, annangs and Oron people are very similar but they are not the same.Efiks are Efiks and Ibibios are Ibibios.
It's time for Biafra people to learn to walk on their own without expecting the Niger Delta people to hold their hand. ONE LAST TIME,IKWERE IS IKWERE.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by Truthisunique2: 10:02am On Apr 05, 2022
Please bring the link where he said he is not Igbo because the one he said he is Igbo is very known

Amaechi even married a full Igbo woman from anambra he has never hidden his affection for Igbo

I wonder why everyone attributed to tinubu all of a sudden develop trauma since amaechi is still rumoured to be in the race

Surely kalu, umauhi atiku etc didn't make tilumbu camp jittery like this

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by beerfraud: 10:04am On Apr 05, 2022
he is trying to use their slot
Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by writetopoker: 10:05am On Apr 05, 2022
Both Amaechi & Igbokwe are irrelevant in Igbo land.

Case close

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by SHINJA: 10:11am On Apr 05, 2022
shocked
Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by AchalugoNwa(f): 10:15am On Apr 05, 2022
beerfraud:
he is trying to use their slot

I'm watching you
Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by History555: 10:19am On Apr 05, 2022
Joe lgbokwe that said he is not lgbo but a lagosian is questioning amaech

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by beerfraud: 10:22am On Apr 05, 2022
AchalugoNwa:

I'm watching you
canceller you again?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by alanto: 10:43am On Apr 05, 2022
LoL. Na everyday Igbos dey get personal lord and savior. Just totoro dem small. They go dash you apga presidential ticket.
Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by CyynthiaKiss(f): 10:49am On Apr 05, 2022
[s]Akponmfet:
There are so many other similar tribes in Nigeria and they never call eachother one,Efiks,Ibibios, annangs and Oron people are very similar but they are not the same.Efiks are Efiks and Ibibios are Ibibios.
It's time for Biafra people to learn to walk on their own without expecting the Niger Delta people to hold their hand. ONE LAST TIME,IKWERE IS IKWERE.[/s]

Empty head, Amechi is the one doing "Attacheee" here
If you want to hide an information from YMM, put it in writing.....

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by Brexxit(m): 10:51am On Apr 05, 2022
I speak for all ikwerres when I say,"ikwerres are not Igbos".

All this attache by force by Igbos is not necessary.

They should stick to their 5 erosion ravaged States.

Nobody will want to share identities with drug traffickers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by chrisxxx(m): 10:57am On Apr 05, 2022
Akponmfet:
It's time for Biafra people to learn to walk on their own without expecting the Niger Delta people to hold their hand. ONE LAST TIME,IKWERE IS IKWERE.
Some families in Ikwerreland long time ago migrated from elsewhere and mostly Igboland and settled in Ikwerreland. In different communities they are still seen as settlers and are being treated as such. Those who migrated from Igboland that are in minority in Ikwerreland are the major campaigners of Ikwerre is Igbo. They do this to shift the balance of power. These settlers are found mostly in Isiokpo and Elele. I doubt if Amaechi grandparents were of this stock. No true Ikwerreman would accept the tag of being Igbo due to the disdainful identity attached to it among the Ikwerres. The Ikwerres call them Isuoma. Which means good servant or slave.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by Arda1000(m): 10:59am On Apr 05, 2022
Ur head must be filled with rotten maggots....
Amaechi said his ikwerre now go and slap him for that dirty Afonja

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by mrvitalis(m): 11:04am On Apr 05, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Please bring the link where he said he is not Igbo because the one he said he is Igbo is very known

Amaechi even married a full Igbo woman from anambra he has never hidden his affection for Igbo

I wonder why everyone attributed to tinubu all of a sudden develop trauma since amaechi is still rumoured to be in the race

Surely kalu, umauhi atiku etc didn't make tilumbu camp jittery like this
He said it ...when he was governor ...but trust me even with that Ameachi is more Igbo than Joe igbokwe

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by mrvitalis(m): 11:05am On Apr 05, 2022
Brexxit:
I speak for all ikwerres when I say,"ikwerres are not Igbos".

All this attache by force by Igbos is not necessary.

They should stick to their 5 erosion ravaged States.

Nobody will want to share identities with drug traffickers.
It's your ikwerre brother claiming Igbo not the other way round please

I know u don't have comprehensive abilities but stop disgracing your family here

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by Lovelive: 11:07am On Apr 05, 2022
They are all polithieves.

Racoon:
Even Joe Igbokwe who denied his linage for gutter maintenance is also talking? Never trust most of these politicians.

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by Japhtee(m): 11:09am On Apr 05, 2022
Akponmfet:

When you know the meaning of Niger Delta we can talk. If Amaechi say he is Igbo how is that any of you business? Tinubu and his urchins can only cry. I am beginning to believe that Amaechi is Buhari choice. That explains the recent attack on Amaechi from Tinubu dogs.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by PressMyButton: 11:13am On Apr 05, 2022
CyynthiaKiss:

If you want to hide an information from YMM, put it in writing.....

Talking about writing, Can you show us anywhere in Amaechi's official profile/CV/bio-data where he claimed himself as ibo?.. I have challenged yet he was unable to provide counter- proofs. I have seen Ameachi's profile and he was proudly Ikwerre in all, including being a pioneer member of an Ikwerre association. There's no where in his official records he had ever claimed to be ibo.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by CyynthiaKiss(f): 11:14am On Apr 05, 2022
PressMyButton:

[s]Talking about writing, Can you show us anywhere in Amaechi's official profile/CV/bio-data where he claimed himself as ibo[/s]

Another one...

Smh

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by PressMyButton: 11:21am On Apr 05, 2022
CyynthiaKiss:

Another one...
Smh
Lol..
cc: igboid
Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by CyynthiaKiss(f): 11:29am On Apr 05, 2022
PressMyButton:

Lol..

cc: igboid

I didn't want to reply you, but For the sake of humanity and audience I had to.. You have seek for my attention alot

First of all this thread is not all about Igbos claiming Ikwere or doing "attache" like you normally call it, it's all about Ikwere people like Amechi doing the "attachee" claiming to be Igbo whereas some of their kinsmen are saying otherwise.. That is why Igbokwe ( who's a mad man on his own too)is calling him out for claiming to be Igbo whereas Amechi claims to be igbo when it suits him and deny his Igbo heritage when he feels like he won't get what he wants ( Identity crisis)..
Now in the past Amechi has claimed not to be Igbo when he was a governor, then turned around again and started claiming to be Igbo when he was made a minister. He's struggling to push the narrative that he's Igbo probably because of his ambition, inviting BBC Igbo for an interview and other events just to get a nod from Igbo elders to represent Igbos at Aso rock in 2023..
As for Ikwere people about being Igbo or not, it's left for them to decide.. Some said they are, some said they are not, each of every one of them have their motive of agreeing and disagreeing about their Igbo tag Wike said he's not, Amechi claims he's probably because of his interest or his Anambra wife, Ikwere man is an Ohaneze Sec and some others while others belong to Ogbakor Ikwere...

Have you seen whay I said that if you want to hide an information from YMM, put it in writing ?

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by MrSamsung(m): 11:31am On Apr 05, 2022
Someone's name is Chibuike, grandfather's name Ameachi. Do you even need someone else to tell you that he is Igbo. Instead of trying to know the root cause of the denial, you are defending a narrative.

The other two Governors have Ifeanyi and Okowa as his name, while the other one has Nyesom and Ezenwo as his name. Who are they fooling.

I rather dig for the root cause of the self-dishonest denial than allowing myself to be fooled.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Once Said Publicly That He Is Not Igbo, Why The Sudden U-turn? – Igbokwe by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 05, 2022
Common interest in politics

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Attacked By Aliens / Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics / Extreme Poverty In Nigeria, Do Your Part To Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.