Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) (47163 Views)

MTN Subscribers Lament Service Outage / GLO Still Tells Me To Link My Line Despite Linking It Before / MTN Subscribers Lament Service Outage, MTN Apologizes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by slowice(m): 7:43pm On Apr 05, 2022
I didn't link shit and nobody blocked me either.

But nimc need to put their house in order before bothering Nigerians. I did my nin registration early last year. after queuing at their pH office for 4 days with no success, I went to glo office, paid 5k before I was finally captured got my slip 7 weeks later.

But I recently bought a new airtel sim, during the registration process they sent an sms saying my nin was generated via bvn and ask that I go to nimc office to harmonise it. I became confused.
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by Proton99: 7:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
If you are ever forced or threatened to conform or do anything by the government, it's probably not in your interest. Now imagine this government forcing you...
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by Ray07(m): 7:50pm On Apr 05, 2022
HYDEEE:
You dey mind them, I bet they are among the "nothing go happen" crew. Dirty thieves.
you and your family are thieves.

Bastard
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by rex21: 7:50pm On Apr 05, 2022
SATANICALLY:
Meanwhile, some evil and disgruntled customers have started borrowing outrageous amount of airtime with no intention of paying back as "revenge" for barring their lines.
People are very dull sha. Airtime that the network providers can revoke, since one can't use it. Moreover, offerinng services or goods are two different things. Nigerians nor dey fail to disgrace themselves
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by Awoleesu(m): 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
The funniest thing I've observed is that most complaints about SIM blocks are originating from Southern Nigeria...

One would ordinarily expect that this knee jerk approach in the aftermath of the Kaduna-Abuja train attack would have affected the Northern region most; where the terrorists the approach was meant to restrain are based, and operate from...

What a country!

1 Like

Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by Silentgroper(m): 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2022
Has it kick started?
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by Olushylay1(f): 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2022
All glo lines have been blocked ....I will not disturb myself jare shocked
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by Gravity56: 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
Thank God I'm owing them

Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by psucc(m): 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2022
HYDEEE:
You dey mind them, I bet they are among the "nothing go happen" crew. Dirty thieves.
Not in all cases. I registered mind in 2020. I also confirmed it severally that it was successful.

Surprising this morning, my glo line has been blocked.

This country is frustrating especially to those who try to be honest to the system
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by vicdonis: 8:35pm On Apr 05, 2022
HYDEEE:
Show me where I generalised.

Simple text message is now the problem of many Nigerians, with the way people are complaining you will think that this nin-sim linking is difficult like obtaining us visa.
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by Enny2013(f): 8:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
Kingsasian:
My Glo line was blocked despite linking it to NIN two years ago.
Mine too
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by Enny2013(f): 8:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
EyetaVic:
I have linked my NIN with my glo sim since last month but my sim was still barred from making outgoing call earlier this morning
I tried to call their customer care since then till this morning but no reply from them

Nigeria and her wahala too much self
Likewise myself
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by Simisima(m): 8:43pm On Apr 05, 2022
I have tried linking my own for over 3 months now it keeps telling me input error. Don't know why
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by Enny2013(f): 8:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
sherylbaky:
Same here, av not been able to make a single call out since morning and that's my major line.

I sent message for linkage again today only for them to tell me they will confirm the NIN and get back....since ooo

I happened to be one of the first set of people to link when they started the campaign few years back.
These communication companies honestly do not know what they are doing.

Same case as mine,dear
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by everythinggirly(f): 8:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
Dial *109*NIN# to submit and link your National Identification Number (NIN) on Glo.

Dial *200*8# to link your National Identification Number (NIN) on 9mobile.

To link your NIN to an Mtn number, simply dial *785# using the mtn phone number you wish to link, enter your NIN and submit or; Dial *785#Your NIN# from the mtn phone number you wish to link. The number will be linked to your NIN automatically.

Dial *121*1# to link your National Identification Number (NIN) on Airtel. Afterwards, you'll be automatically redirected to the portal to enter your NIN, immediately insert your NIN to complete registration.

USSD for NIN Retrieval

To use this service, simply go through the following steps: dial *346# from the options displayed, select “NIN Retrieval”, by typing in '1', if you are using the same phone number you enrolled with for your NIN. follow the steps displayed on your screen and provide the required inputs.

Hit me up for your academic research writing services!
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by ibechris(m): 8:52pm On Apr 05, 2022
They are blocking those wey no dey buy plenty credit...na those wey dey buy 100 and 200 naira credits them block so.

Una think say Network companies no get sense,na private business venture them be...they wouldn't close shop because of our stupid govt.

Na selected few go suffer...we wey dey buy big credits no get wahala.

Ask pantani e go tell u how the thing be.

1 Like

Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by DrMuzungu(m): 8:52pm On Apr 05, 2022
MTN, NCC and the government are a bunch of fvckups.

I registered my SIM when they first requested it. Over a year later, again. There were few more "registrations" enforced, as if these stupid motherbleepers could not retain the data gathered during the round one. A few years ago, being outside the country, my number was first disabled and, later on, given to someone else. IDI0TS.
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by skukimania(f): 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Lie lie, why is none of my 4 lines not blocked, you didn't do it well, they threw their recharge card away before confirming it has loaded

See someone want to crush mtn financially, wicked Nigerians, as if mtn will loose, LOL.

Just like those burning ATM during endsars protests, nobody will tell me he didn't see 7 naira bank deduction then.

Stop calling people liars just because you are lucky not to experience what they are going through.
I was among the first set of people to link their lines last year, I even helped some people with theirs. Yet, my line has been blocked by GLo . Very annoying!

1 Like

Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by skukimania(f): 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2022
mum2bsoon:

Same thing I am experiencing, I linked my NIN to my 3 lines but only my glo was blocked this morning. I haven't been able to connect with their customer care since morning.

Same here!
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by MartinsD12(m): 9:10pm On Apr 05, 2022
SATANICALLY:
According to Jonas

https://twitter.com/Dr_Clandestine/status/1511251689017389057?s=19
Unknown to many people *785# doesn't link MTN numbers at all it happened to me but thank God I found out on time last year December before December I have done my nin identity around April dailed *785# to link my two MTN numbers I was thinking everything is done until I dailed the code to check my verification it wasn't done I downloaded MTN app to find out I can link my numbers through the app that's how my MTN numbers was linked with MTN texting me that linked I also download nimc app to link all my numbers to ncc straight that's how I linked mine
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by Paulianfa(m): 9:10pm On Apr 05, 2022
If ur BVN falls within or under 221********* kindly re-enroll.
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by bayelsaowei(m): 9:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
Kingsasian:
its a useless country oo...
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by bayelsaowei(m): 9:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
Enddy50ty:
Omo I have not linked my line to my NIN but they didn't block it, I guess it's because I already borrowed like #1,500 since on Saturday.
grin
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by effort1: 9:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
HYDEEE:
Simple text message is now the problem of many Nigerians, with the way people are complaining you will think that this nin-sim linking is difficult like obtaining us visa.
Imagine how people are willing to engage in criminal activity at the drop of a hat, later they will scream about corrupt people in power.
Some people act as if they are cursed.

Do you use your Brain at all? Are you daft?

The Compliant is because MTN blocked the sims of those who already connected their Sims to nin.

Why are you so dumb and stupid?
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by effort1: 9:41pm On Apr 05, 2022
EyetaVic:
I have linked my NIN with my glo sim since last month but my sim was still barred from making outgoing call earlier this morning
I tried to call their customer care since then till this morning but no reply from them

Nigeria and her wahala too much self

Mr HYDEEE, read this comment I quoted here and stop displaying your Dumbness here.
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by effort1: 9:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Lie lie, why is none of my 4 lines not blocked, you didn't do it well, they threw their recharge card away before confirming it has loaded

See someone want to crush mtn financially, wicked Nigerians, as if mtn will loose, LOL.

Just like those burning ATM during endsars protests, nobody will tell me he didn't see 7 naira bank deduction then.

Read the post again and stop your dumbness
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by effort1: 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
HYDEEE:
Stop acting daft, were all sims in the country blocked? If those that linked theirs got blocked that is the telecos incompetence\fault, those who didn't bother to do theirs shouldn't complain. Stop typing out of your ass. ✌✌

If your brain is not dead, you will see this post isn't about those who didn't link their SIM to NIN. It is about those who linked it and still got blocked.
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by ahamonyeka(m): 9:52pm On Apr 05, 2022
Kingsasian:
i have not done mine,maybe they mistaken your line to my own.
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by od501: 9:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
Totilopussylick:
I thought it was for a security reasons .

Network was disconnected on Kaduna dah year, how many kidnappers or terrorists did they arrest? The SIM linkage nah scam, it is meant track everybody, especially anti Buhari keyboard warriors.
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by Brownshoe: 10:06pm On Apr 05, 2022
Life no balance sha, me wey i dey pray make them just barr me, make this loan people no call me,
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by Blazadenise(m): 10:11pm On Apr 05, 2022
In as much as I can still recharge subscribe for data... This is interesting and cool for me, as I would save lot by not making calls. At least this Govt helping to avoid me spending much on calls..make frnds and family be the one calling its fine like that
Re: Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) by harmargedon: 10:12pm On Apr 05, 2022
HYDEEE:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tiktok Responds To Trump: We Are Not Going Anywhere / Checkout The Most Expensive Phone In The World! / MTN Now Campaigns For Buhari (APC)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.