Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,737 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

What Does The Scripture Say About Faith In God Vs Natural Reasoning - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Scripture Say About Faith In God Vs Natural Reasoning (190 Views)

Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God / Hating Christians Is Fulfilment Of The Scripture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Scripture Say About Faith In God Vs Natural Reasoning by topshore(f): 1:14pm On Apr 05, 2022
Scripture Text: Proverbs 3:5-6

Our popular Scripture, Hebrews 11:1-2 defines: "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report". Faith is the assurance that the things revealed and promised in the Word are true, even though unseen, and gives the believer a conviction that what he expects in faith, will come to pass. Having faith in God usually brings good reports.

Contrarily, Natural Reasoning is the innate human faculty of reasoning; human reasoning or its conclusions, as distinguished from divine revelation.

God delights in those who have faith in Him and those without faith displeases Him. This is evident in Hebrews 11:16 which says:

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him".

Ten (10) Scriptures That Talked About Faith vs Natural Reasoning

1. Psalm 118:8
"It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in humans".

2. Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight".

3. Isaiah 11:3
"And he will delight in the fear of the Lord.
He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes,
or decide by what he hears with his ears";

4. Isaiah 55:8-9
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts".

5. Jeremiah 17:5
This is what the Lord says:
“Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
who draws strength from mere flesh
and whose heart turns away from the Lord".

6. John 20:29
Then Jesus told him,
“Because you have seen me, you have believed;
blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

7. 1 Corinthians 1:21
"For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him,
God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe".

8. 1 Corinthians 2:5
"So that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power".
9. 1 Corinthians 2:14
"The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God
but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit".

10. 1 Corinthians 5:7
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here"!

However, for one to have total faith in God, he or she must have been born of the Spirit and Spirit-led. In essence, anyone who is not born again cannot not experience the faith the Holy Spirit expresses in believers. Faith is one of the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) and anyone who wants to inherit the Kingdom of God must bear this fruit in him or her.

So, if you are not be born again and still believe in your strength , this is an opportunity for you to repent and put your trust in God. Just say this:
"Lord Jesus, I come to you today, come into my life, take control of my life and rule my world. I say bye-bye to the world and enter the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus for in your name I pray, amen".

Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!
Re: What Does The Scripture Say About Faith In God Vs Natural Reasoning by Dtruthspeaker: 1:46pm On Apr 05, 2022
topshore:

Contrarily, Natural Reasoning is the innate human faculty of reasoning; human reasoning or its conclusions, as distinguished from divine revelation...

Ten (10) Scriptures That Talked About Faith vs Natural Reasoning

1. Psalm 118:8
"It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in humans".

2. Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight".

3. Isaiah 11:3
"And he will delight in the fear of the Lord.
He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes,
or decide by what he hears with his ears";

4. Isaiah 55:8-9
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts".

5. Jeremiah 17:5
This is what the Lord says:
“Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
who draws strength from mere flesh
and whose heart turns away from the Lord".

6. John 20:29
Then Jesus told him,
“Because you have seen me, you have believed;
blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

7. 1 Corinthians 1:21
"For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him,
God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe".

8. 1 Corinthians 2:5
"So that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power".
9. 1 Corinthians 2:14
"The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God
but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit".

10. 1 Corinthians 5:7
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here"!

YOU ARE WRONG!
None of these are contrary to Natural Reason for it is by natural reasoning one can even appreciate these scriptures.

The problem is you people have not yet figured out what is faith!

And unfortunately, I am not supposed to tell you, for if you Truly Love God, you would have figured it out!

(1) (Reply)

Armour Of God: The 7 Pieces! (Video & Photos) / Accountant - Mainland / Avoid And Boycott Sterling Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.