Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Do You Want To Buy A Piece Of Land?, Then You Need To Hear This! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Do You Want To Buy A Piece Of Land?, Then You Need To Hear This! (262 Views)

Choose Your Plot Of Land, Then Pay For It. / Own A Piece Of Lagos For #5m Per Plot With C Of O / Own A Piece Of Luxury From Lekki View Estate Ibeju Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Want To Buy A Piece Of Land?, Then You Need To Hear This! by Skibani99(m): 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2022
4 COSTLY MISTAKES TO AVOID WHEN BUYING A PIECE OF LAND

In trying to buy a piece of land, they are certain things you must avoid or it will cost you your investment.

Some weeks ago, someone shared a story at a real estate event. Her late uncle had bought a piece of land 25 years ago. He bought the property. But, he didn't check the property, nor did he check for the land title. He just got the property and left it.

22 years after buying the property, he died. And it was a law that he must be buried on his land. It took his family more than 3 months to finally locate the land, it also took additional 3 months to fight legal battles on ownership. The only thing that could help them win the case was the presence of witnesses from the time the land was bought.

Another problem occurred, the land is a flood zone. They had to sand fill it before using it. Not to talk of the difficulties it takes in accessing the land because of its poor road network.

And a question was asked, what took him to buy land in a place like that?

This is a sad story, but there are several lessons to learn from it.

1: Buying land without a title.
No matter how close you are to the person selling the land, make sure you check for and collect titles on the land.
This will be your proof of ownership of the property as you may not have witnesses to bail you out.

2: Not carrying out proper research:
Before buying land, you should do your research. So many people make the mistake of buying just any land because of the prospect of development in the future.

Not every land will develop like others. They are things to check before committing funds to a property with no resale value.

3: Not doing a site inspection
You must check the property you are buying before committing funds. If you can't see the land, send someone to stand in for you and help you make live videos.

Inspect the site, and inspect the neighborhood.

4: Not buying it because of lack of complete funds

Some people have lost out on good investment opportunities because they don't have the complete money.
Installment payment can solve this. You make a down payment, and choose a period wherewith you can easily spread your payment.

If you found this article valuable, you will also find value in our landed properties.
@veloxrealestimated we take ultimate care to give you properties that will only make you bank.

All of our properties are well documented and in superior locations can help you make the right choice of investment.

And whatever your budget is, you can easily get a property.

Call us today on 0903 711 9771 let's help you get started.

PS: starting from Monday 11th April, there will be price increase on all our properties.

Downtown Layout will no longer sell for its pre-launch price of N500,000 but its original price of N800,000.

Greenland Gardens Extension N600,000 will now be N700,000.

Greenland Gardens Phase 2 N700,000 will now be N800,000.

Re: Do You Want To Buy A Piece Of Land?, Then You Need To Hear This! by ignis: 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2022
I hope I have not entered one chance.
Re: Do You Want To Buy A Piece Of Land?, Then You Need To Hear This! by Skibani99(m): 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2022
ignis:
I hope I have not entered one chance.
how do you mean, Good afternoon
Re: Do You Want To Buy A Piece Of Land?, Then You Need To Hear This! by ignis: 2:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
Skibani99:
how do you mean, Good afternoon

I bought some plots of lands in Kano, and the only paper I was given is the details of the land and plan on a letter headed paper.
Re: Do You Want To Buy A Piece Of Land?, Then You Need To Hear This! by Skibani99(m): 2:38pm On Apr 05, 2022
ignis:

I bought some plots of lands in Kano, and the only paper I was given is the details of the land and plan on a letter headed paper.
documents you should look out for when purchasing a piece of land are a registered survey plan, deed of assignment or conveyance, governor's consent and certificate of occupancy,etc..
Re: Do You Want To Buy A Piece Of Land?, Then You Need To Hear This! by Skibani99(m): 11:55am On Apr 14, 2022
3 TIPS TO HELP YOU MAKE PROFITABLE REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT..

1.MAKE A PLAN
you must know your main goal/reason for investing as this would guide everything you do..Are you investing for the future? Or do you want an investment that will give you quick returns..

2.IDENTIFY THE PROPERTY YOU WANT
Make a list of properties you want and the areas you want them in.. Is it land you want to get? Or you'd prefer to get a bungalow or an uncompleted building.

3.BUY FROM A LICENSED REAL ESTATE COMPANY
To be sure about the safety of your investment, make sure the company is licensed..some people have lost money and property because they invested with companies that weren't true..

I hope this helps you and you know better now.. Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Distress Sale 10bed Room Mansion All Ensuite For Sale In Ejigbo / The Itunu Residential, Now Selling / GBAGADA PHASE 2 SALES* 5 Bedroom Semi-detached Duplex With A Mini Flat Bq On La

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.