Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Remember Me In Your Prayers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Remember Me In Your Prayers (179 Views)

The Long Cobra We Killed During Prayers / Flood Kills Man Returning From Prayers In Gombe State. Photos / Pray4futminna,we All Need Your Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remember Me In Your Prayers by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
Barely 3 years back, I was a big boy. I was living the life. I wasn't rich. But I was doing well, very well as a matter of fact.

I owned a sharp 2009 Toyota Corolla, live in a well furnished multiroom apartment in the heart of the city, bought a plot of land in a great location in my state, single handedly sponsoring the education of two of my younger siblings in secondary and tertiary institutions. Infact, for years I didn't know what it means to be broke, I see myself as being broke when my expenditure account balance reads below 200k after expenses. My savings account? It increases at the end of each week. Always in the millions and counting. Yet, I was barely in my early thirties and still single.

All these I did from a legitimate source of income; from a job I hated and a great hustling spirit and mindset, and an ability to create opportunities from nothing. I always tried to live right with people because I value my peace more that anything in this world.

Fast forward to 2022. I am a married man with kids, with a full time house wife who constantly fights and disagree with me on everything and nags everyone.

To add salt to injury, I am broke. So broke that I cannot cater to my two little children or pay the fees of my siblings. So broke that I am constantly in debts even after selling my car to offset bills and pay debts. So broke that sometimes we go to bed without food or soak garri for the whole day.

How did I get here?
I can't really say, all I can say is that, a couple of years back, I got married, had a child and resigned from my job to start my business all in the same year. Believe me, from the aforementioned, nothing came out as I expected aside from the joy my children gives me. The rest they say is history.

Why am I typing all these?
Most times when i am alone, I usually feel like busting into tears. Infact, I have wept profusely many times in prayer. But now, I can be walking alone on the road or seated in a bus or alone and this sudden bust of tears will build up in me and I'd just feel like breaking down in tears and weeping like an hopeless baby.
Also, I always feel lost and helpless and not knowing what to do. I have lost hope in everything around me, even people, but somehow I believe I will rise again.

So?
A time will come when I will weep over all these, not now. I will weep like a baby and let it all out, all the tears and hopelessness I have been holding inside.
But that time, I will pull aside to the side of the road in my, at least a latest mid-class car and weep. Or I will walk into my lavishly furnished sitting room in my multi-million dollars mansion and I will let out all the hopelessness and emptiness I am currently feeling. This singular thought alone has had me going for the past year. I am just waiting for when it will become a reality.

Once again. Remember me in your Prayers.
Re: Remember Me In Your Prayers by Hezzyluv: 2:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
Chai...

I feel your pain Sha.

To add salt to injury, your wife is a constant house wife who can even discourage you with her perpetual nagging. Is it me or my imagination that you married the wrong woman?

Where you made mistakes, is leaving your job and going into business with all your savings. Putting your eggs in one basket.

Hope is not lost, let your last paragraph be the fuel that keeps you going. Onece there's life, there's hope. One day, ego become story.

Anyway, we go pray for you, we need your prayers too. Because, we all have challenges.
Re: Remember Me In Your Prayers by Ammishaddai: 2:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
You shall overcome . You latter end shall be greater than your beginning.

1 Like

Re: Remember Me In Your Prayers by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 05, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Chai...

Na so we see am o.
Re: Remember Me In Your Prayers by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ammishaddai:
You shall overcome . You latter end shall he greater than your beginning.

Amen.
Re: Remember Me In Your Prayers by PlayerMeji: 3:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
Familiar story post 2015
Re: Remember Me In Your Prayers by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 06, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Familiar story post 2015

To you or somebody you know?

How are things now.

(1) (Reply)

Now You Can Browse For Free / Why I Am Contesting For Abia Central Senate Col.akobundu (rtd) / Habits Of Highly Effective Kitchen Managers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.