Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,101 members, 7,835,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

An Open Letter To Prof Soludo On Sit-at-home In Anambra State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Prof Soludo On Sit-at-home In Anambra State (417 Views)

Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, / DOS VS Autopiloters. Simon Ekpa Replies IPOB Statement. Insists On Sit-At-Home / Anambra Government's Public Announcement On Sit At Home Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Prof Soludo On Sit-at-home In Anambra State by DonBabaNG: 3:18pm On Apr 05, 2022
Dear Governor Soludo,

The decision to stop the sit at home is expected to meet resistance. But as a patriotic Anambarian, I still do think that it ( sit at home) can be ended, here is how.

While some might not agree, I think strongly that this ongoing Monday sit-at-home is a Taliban in nature and at best is a form of leadership based on fear.

While majority of those whose business are affected on Monday are longer happy with the forced sit-at-home they are in the mercy of these terror inflicting individuals that loved to be best addressed as unknown gunmen - but are they really unknown?

The sad thing about this recent trend in eastern Nigeria is that anyone can mobilize assassins to kill their rivals and it will end up in the news as unknown gunmen.

And somehow, this involuntary sit-at-home and it's Taliban styled enforcement is what put fuel to fire to the gruesome activities of these unknown gunmen.

While other might be saying that you should focus on other area of governance, I strongly opine that this ending the ongoing sit-at-home in Anambra should be one that must get your every attention.

The obvious reasons of course is the economical sabotage this causes, but another damming reason to put an end to this is because it creates impudence in the mind of the orchestrators. And this should stop. Every authority in Anambra should start from the office of the Governor.

To put an end the ongoing sit-at-home in Anambra, here is a blueprint that I strongly recommend.

1. While it's an obvious fact that Nnamdi Kanu is a prisoner of conscience. The state government as well as Igbo leaders must lead in the negotiation of Kanu's release. Because whether we want to admit it or not, the man is loved and he constantly commands cult-followership.

2. Security must be beef up in a down to top approach:
Town hall meetings with various youth leaders in every community must be considered and a well detailed understanding reached.

And every Monday, these youths leaders as well as the youths they lead will constantly patrol their community to ensure that no one attack nor intimate their people, all in the name of sit-at-home enforcement. For instance, youths in Nnewi will patrol Nnewi while the youths in Ojoto will patrol Ojoto.

In the case of any attack, these youths will face the aggressors as well as radio the youths in the neighboring communities as well as the police who will constantly be in patrol on the road to block off the escape route and apprehend these unknown gunmen.

Who during interrogation should be made to name their sponsors or those bankrolling them. Once such sponsor is arrested and declared wanted for all the deaths recorded during the sit-at-home normalcy will gradually return to our land that is vibrant with commerce.

However, it's important that there is accountability from the youth leaders to the government in ensuring that any form of assistance given by the government in combating this menace must not get abused.

My name is Arinze Esomnofu and I mean well for my people.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Prof Soludo On Sit-at-home In Anambra State by Totilopussylick(m): 3:20pm On Apr 05, 2022
Re: An Open Letter To Prof Soludo On Sit-at-home In Anambra State by DonBabaNG: 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
Re: An Open Letter To Prof Soludo On Sit-at-home In Anambra State by Antmanned(m): 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2022
Re: An Open Letter To Prof Soludo On Sit-at-home In Anambra State by Fahdiga(m): 3:31pm On Apr 05, 2022
Hnnm
Re: An Open Letter To Prof Soludo On Sit-at-home In Anambra State by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 05, 2022
Sit at home is legit.
Re: An Open Letter To Prof Soludo On Sit-at-home In Anambra State by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
Sit At Home is a simple, effective, legitimate and mildest form of civil disobedience and only a small sacrifice to pay in the course of FREEDOM. The people get it and comply. It is the will of the people.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Prof Soludo On Sit-at-home In Anambra State by IGBOSON1: 3:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
DonBabaNG:
Dear Governor Soludo,

The decision to stop the sit at home is expected to meet resistance. But as a patriotic Anambarian, I still do think that it ( sit at home) can be ended, here is how.

While some might not agree, I think strongly that this ongoing Monday sit-at-home is a Taliban in nature and at best is a form of leadership based on fear.

While majority of those whose business are affected on Monday are longer happy with the forced sit-at-home they are in the mercy of these terror inflicting individuals that loved to be best addressed as unknown gunmen - but are they really unknown?

The sad thing about this recent trend in eastern Nigeria is that anyone can mobilize assassins to kill their rivals and it will end up in the news as unknown gunmen.

And somehow, this involuntary sit-at-home and it's Taliban styled enforcement is what put fuel to fire to the gruesome activities of these unknown gunmen.

While other might be saying that you should focus on other area of governance, I strongly opine that this ending the ongoing sit-at-home in Anambra should be one that must get your every attention.

The obvious reasons of course is the economical sabotage this causes, but another damming reason to put an end to this is because it creates impudence in the mind of the orchestrators. And this should stop. Every authority in Anambra should start from the office of the Governor.

To put an end the ongoing sit-at-home in Anambra, here is a blueprint that I strongly recommend.

1. While it's an obvious fact that Nnamdi Kanu is a prisoner of conscience. The state government as well as Igbo leaders must lead in the negotiation of Kanu's release. Because whether we want to admit it or not, the man is loved and he constantly commands cult-followership.

Town hall meetings with various youth leaders in every community must be considered and a well detailed understanding reached.

And every Monday, these youths leaders as well as the youths they lead will constantly patrol their community to ensure that no one attack nor intimate their people, all in the name of sit-at-home enforcement. For instance, youths in Nnewi will patrol Nnewi while the youths in Ojoto will patrol Ojoto.

In the case of any attack, these youths will face the aggressors as well as radio the youths in the neighboring communities as well as the police who will constantly be in patrol on the road to block off the escape route and apprehend these unknown gunmen.

Who during interrogation should be made to name their sponsors or those bankrolling them. Once such sponsor is arrested and declared wanted for all the deaths recorded during the sit-at-home normalcy will gradually return to our land that is vibrant with commerce.

However, it's important that there is accountability from the youth leaders to the government in ensuring that any form of assistance given by the government in combating this menace must not get abused.

Good points! Was about to post a similar suggestion.

The only addition i would make is that the patrol teams should be in unmarked cars…be making irregular patrols in and around markets, parks and other commercial areas…and be made up of a mixture of armed security personnel and local vigilante youths! Also, all entry and exit points to and from these critical areas, where criminal enforcers could take to come in and also escape, should be manned for the duration of working hours! Finally, there should be a number provided which anyone who spots these criminal enforcers can call and the nearest patrol team in the area will attend the incident!

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Prof Soludo On Sit-at-home In Anambra State by paramakina202: 3:46pm On Apr 05, 2022
DonBabaNG:
Dear Governor Soludo,

IPOB/ESN/UGM doesn't listen to anyone else than their leaders.
Every community should form vigilante group and arm them with ak47 to protect their area/communities 24/7 against our so called liberators.
Re: An Open Letter To Prof Soludo On Sit-at-home In Anambra State by IGBOSON1: 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
paramakina202:

IPOB/ESN/UGM doesn't listen to anyone else than their leaders.
Every community should form vigilante group and arm them with ak47 to protect their area/communities 24/7 against our so called liberators.

I know you’re up to no good on this thread…..just here for your daily spilling of bile against IPOB! But lemme indulge you a bit!

IPOB have long since called off the sit-at-home! If you have anything to say, say it to that fool ekpa and the bigoted idiots teleguiding him!
Re: An Open Letter To Prof Soludo On Sit-at-home In Anambra State by liftedud(m): 4:05pm On Apr 05, 2022
Very well

We shall get it right

Also in making sure the UGM are flushed out, let's not breed another terror by arming another set of people that the guns can't be traced or recovered, let it be police, military men and Registered VG
Re: An Open Letter To Prof Soludo On Sit-at-home In Anambra State by IGBOSON1: 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2022
jerseyboy:
Sit At Home is a simple, effective, legitimate and mildest form of civil disobedience and only a small sacrifice to pay in the course of FREEDOM. The people get it and comply. It is the will of the people.

Anyone who wants to VOLUNTARILY sit-at-home on Mondays is more than welcome to! What we all should be against is criminal enforcers who go about harassing, threatening and beating people to comply!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Prof Soludo On Sit-at-home In Anambra State by Collyweed: 4:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
DonBabaNG:
Dear Governor Soludo,

We agree that security should be strengthened. However regarding your first point, Soludo isn't responsible for putting him in detention and cannot be responsible for getting him out so asking him to do so is wrong headed. Soludo is however responsible for the social and economic welfare of the good people of Anambra and should do everything possible to route out these criminals.

P.S. Nnamdi (or Onyendufu as I prefer to call him) isn't a "prisoner of conscience" abeg! He committed actual crimes but as usual the Nigerian government is going about his prosecution incompetently.
Re: An Open Letter To Prof Soludo On Sit-at-home In Anambra State by paramakina202: 4:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
IGBOSON1:

I know you’re up to no good on this thread…..just here for your daily spilling of bile against IPOB! But lemme indulge you a bit!

IPOB have long since called off the sit-at-home! If you have anything to say, say it to that fool ekpa and the bigoted idiots teleguiding him!

Agu weruya nwayo biko.Simon Ekpa is a disciple of MNK and a product of IPOB.
Re: An Open Letter To Prof Soludo On Sit-at-home In Anambra State by DonBabaNG: 9:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
Simon Ekpa menace is a story for another day.

(1) (Reply)

As Osinbajo Is Set To Declare For Presidency: What It Means For Nigeria And Nige / PDP Chieftain Seeks Sack Of Stella Oduah From Senate Over Defection To APC / If You Insist That Jonathan Is Qualified To Run For President, Read This – By Al

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.