Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,122 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:34 AM

UCL Preview: Manchester City Vs Atlético Madrid - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UCL Preview: Manchester City Vs Atlético Madrid (130 Views)

Atlético Madrid Vs Real Madrid 1-1 All Goals And Extended Highlights 07/03/2021. / Atlético Madrid, Diego Costa Agree To Terminate Contract / Tuesday UCL Preview:man City-napoli, Madrid-spurs Prediction & Betting Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UCL Preview: Manchester City Vs Atlético Madrid by naijabetlee(m): 6:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
The champions of England vs the champions of Spain. Who will win tonight?

Man City boss Pep Guardiola has refused to get involved in a discussion about Atletico Madrid's style of football ahead of their Champions League quarter-final at the Etihad.

The match has been billed as a clash of styles between Guardiola's usual possession-based, free-flowing approach and Atletico boss Diego Simeone's more rudimentary tactics.

But Guardiola said: "I'm not going to talk one second about this stupid debate. Everyone tries to win the game.

(1.38) Manchester City vs Atlético Madrid (10.65)
BET NOW!!! www.naijabet.com

"If they win they are right, if we win we are right. It's for the players, the difference will be there."

Manchester United, meanwhile, were unable to overcome Atletico's spoiling tactics in the previous round, but Guardiola refuses to refer to them as an ugly team.

He said: "We have to do the same, defend our position. It's part of the game. I'm not going to judge what they do, I'll analyse what to do to get a good result to go to Madrid next week.

"What is playing ugly? My team won in Old Trafford 1-0 and Bernardo Silva spent five minutes in the corner. That is not ugly, it's defending the position. I never judge the opponents, what they do."

For his part, Diego Simeone has no intention of diverting from his tried-and-trusted methods but insists he is a big admirer of the way City play.

The Argentine said: "We're going to play where we think we can hurt them. We're going to use our characteristics, the way we've been playing for years, and continue to compete.

"But City are a lovely team to watch. What I like most about teams that play well like them is the strength and effort they put in to winning the ball back while continuing to play in an attacking way.

"They have some great players - Sterling, De Bruyne - but what wakes me up is that they run, they pressurise, they are always active. They never leave a lost ball. This work ethic is additional to the talent. All managers want that."

(1) (Reply)

Ifab Member Collina Talks Effective Playing Time And Possible Rule Changes / Rangnick Places Doubts On Manchester United Consultancy Role / The Formational Concepts Of Chess & Football Games Explained By #chessinyoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.