Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. (33094 Views)

Female Uber Drivers: Passengers Make Advances At Us, Send Disturbing Messages / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja / Minimum Wage: Ogun Workers To Start 2-Day Warning Strike On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by BoltAndUberAbj: 7:33pm On Apr 05, 2022
Greatest Nigerian e-hailing drivers

The Time is Now to say enough is enough to the Exploitative and ill programmed business model of Bolt & Uber

The rate of inflation has tripled the prices of every single commodity ranging from a sachet of pure water to motor spare parts.

Yet instead of Bolt to increase fares to reflect the current economic realities in the country, they further reduced these fares, is this partnership or parasitic alliance? Our drivers are killed, framed and our cars snatched!

Comrades it's time for us to show these App Coys Who owns the majority stake in this Business!

Strike Action takes place in May, 2022, we will communicate precise date Asap! Please all Nigerian e-hailing driver should be ready to put off their Uber and Bolt Drivers App!

This strike will linger until the App Companies do the Needful and meet our Demands

Note: participation is Mandatory and Elements of Enforcement to ensure 100% compliance by all stakeholders are already in place.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/nacorpng/status/1511331965693218822/photo/1

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by Mooh247: 7:36pm On Apr 05, 2022
grin

Customers won't support you guys on this...

Fare increase means customers would pay more... As if Bolt/Uber is not already expensive enough

But in all fairness, with increase in fuel prices fares should never remain the same...

Vehicle maintenance cost is steadily on the increase, with Engine oil , Transmission oil and brake fluid all becoming expensive... vulcaniser would charge you ₦500 for what should have been ₦200

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by Fasindo: 7:40pm On Apr 05, 2022
shocked

ASUU is on strike
Police planned on going on strike
TUC are planning to go on strike too
Now Uber/bolt wants to join the league

One thing I know is that Buhari must finish his tenure

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by BoltAndUberAbj: 7:41pm On Apr 05, 2022
Since their last review in 2019 till date prices of things have changed... except Uber n bolt pricing... Prices of car has changed ... Corolla moved from 1.8M to 3.5M ... Prices of engine oil from 4k to 10k

Price of brakes... Shocks etc... Fuel from ₦124 to ₦165... Prices of total car maintenance including the food we eat... Yet they increased commission but won't increase their fare... they should return it to 10% or increase fare by at least 50%.

Drivers get kidnapped and killed almost on a weekly basis because there’s zero verification of passengers ID but to be a driver on these platforms you must provide every single ID you have. From NIN to BVN, passport, etc.

JeffreyJames:

Bros, if Uber and Bolt is not favouring you, turn your car to full blown taxi and charge people whatever you like. Every Sane person in this business knows the job is just a means to an end. A lot of drivers have other sources of income and they don't really give 2 bleeps about all this things. I know I don't lol
You won’t with your “lol” because you’re a Nigerian. Nigerians in general are already accustomed to suffering and smiling. Are you better than bolt drivers in USA, South Africa or even UK that went on strike over the same issues? You see why this country will never progress? The reason is because people like you live in it. People who don’t know when to say e don do.

ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

When I saw "entitlement mentality", the phrase which many ignorant Nairaland masochists use to justify their love for being oppressed, I decided to spare myself the trouble of reading your empty post. The right to protest and respect for the worker is part of the reason why many of you travel through the desert to Europe inspite of the many dangers linked to such a sojourn. Keep working hard to retain the 3rd world country status your country is ignobly know for.
God bless you for this comment. A country filled with hypocrites, that’s why we are the poverty capital of the world. The citizens have been so bastardized they don’t have any form of self worth anymore. We need a mass re-education and mental evaluation in this country.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by Penguin2: 7:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
You mean Uber and Bolt hasn’t increased fare despite this inflation?

Haba!

O wrong nau.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by benninwa(m): 7:43pm On Apr 05, 2022
But they just increased their fare today.

1 Like

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by BoltAndUberAbj: 7:47pm On Apr 05, 2022
benninwa:
But they just increased their fare today.
77 naira price increase? Please be serious. undecided

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by Mynd44: 7:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
Compliance is mandatory meaning they will beat and intimidate drivers who don't comply

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by donpapa(m): 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2022
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed No sector is spared!
Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by nairaman66(m): 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2022
This is really a funny one! Customers won’t support you guys, since we are looking for cheap rides and fares. You guys are on your own..

16 Likes

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by fasho01(m): 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2022
Na wa o
Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by Cryptodegen: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
grin
Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by bluefilm: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
The season of Warning Strike is upon us

My own be say Bet9JA make una no follow dem do warning strike because if una join dem for this madness, e mean say I no go fit chop again o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by BigDawsNet: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
grin cheesy

Nigeria should just go on strike temporarily till we seence

1 Like

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by BoltAndUberAbj: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
Mynd44:
Compliance is mandatory meaning they will beat and intimidate drivers who don't comply
As a registered union with the Nigerian Trade Union Congress (TUC) we expect total compliance from all registered members.

Hedonini:
Fool. If you're not satisfied with the rates, why not quit the app and seek alternative means of livelihood? Why are you Nigerians so ridiculously idiotic and evil? Who force you do Uber or Bolt? I detest this entitlement mentality on top wetin no be by force. Very foolish animals, most of you.

Go and find work na. Go and start your own business. It is not by force to be an Uber or Bolt driver.
Typical Nigerian mentality. Push a Nigerian to the wall, he’d break that wall and continue suffering. You begin to wonder why the country is the way it is. See your response below

micflo28:
Uber riders went on strike too sometime ago in UK. It’s not exclusive to Nigerian e-hailing taxi’s. Try and appreciate that people turn away their eyes from crime and do dignified jobs and that the services rendered does not mean you shouldn’t demand for reviews when need be.

15 Likes

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by foolbuster: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
This strike is funny. It's not like the drivers are employees, they willingly accepted terms and conditions for using an app, now they want to form a cult to force a platform they willingly agreed to work with to bend to their will.

Not saying Uber and bolt are saints, but if you feel dissatisfied simply leave na aaa. Instead of forcing everyone, lolz. By the time they start facing driver shortages they'll surely do something to woo them back.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by englishmart(m): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
Where are you striking to? They will just allow you to strike for 6-weeks, by the time hunger touches you small, you will beg to call off the strike.
You think Nigeria works like the UK?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by Moz22: 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
This country just taya me jare

2 Likes

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by abeggnow: 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
Mooh247:
grin

Customers won't support you guys on this...

Fare increase means customers would pay more... As if Bolt/Uber is not already expensive enough

But in all fairness, with increase in Fuel prices fares should never remain the same...

Vehicle maintenance cost is steadily on the increase, with Engine oil , Transmission oil and brake fluid all becoming expensive... Vulcaniser would charge you ₦500 for what should have been ₦200

to the best of my knowledge they don't have a union so how can they organise

4 Likes

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
Fool. If you're not satisfied with the rates, why not quit the app and seek alternative means of livelihood? Why are you Nigerians so ridiculously idiotic and evil? Who force you do Uber or Bolt? I detest this entitlement mentality on top wetin no be by force. Very foolish animals, most of you.

Go and find work na. Go and start your own business. It is not by force to be an Uber or Bolt driver.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by SmartPolician: 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2022
Buhari should intervene at once to avert this looming strike.

Runs away cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by Bigfish121(m): 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2022
Omo I nor know wetin all these one dey talk.wetin I know b say I dey pay high fare for Abuja here whenever I order for bolt.i dey even tell the drivers self.

4 Likes

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by Omniman(m): 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2022
cool
Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by Itzteewhy(m): 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2022
Everyone is just going for strike Left and Right.

Sonner or later small pikin go start to dey go strike too
Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by Johnjanrt: 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
Final cruise.
Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by Triangles1(m): 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
Who go feed them.

The only strike that's actively working in Nigeria is ASSU strike and that's because the rich are not affected by ASSU strike because they send their children abroad or private university in Nigeria, any other strike is like cat roaring to a lion.
Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by FuckDModz: 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
Yoruba rats will still pick up passengers. DOA.

Btw, no one is forcing anyone to use their vehicle for Uber/bolt. If the profit is not good enough for you, quit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
How will it be enforced
Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by Duplik8t77(m): 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
Me I still need a car for uber in Lagos sha...weey remittance. No stories and I will be diligent and take care of your car
Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by RichDad1(m): 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
It’s justified due to the rising costs of commodities. However, drivers are know to be one of the most uncoordinated people. While some are on strike demanding for better welfare, others will still be working to capitalize on the surge demands.
Hopefully, you guys can pull this through.

13 Likes

Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
Wahala for police una no go gain money again season
una don spoil this country finish
Re: Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. by koyyess: 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
Association of driving huzzlers, over to you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. / My Experience Today / Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.