Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Help Me Pick A New Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Me Pick A New Phone (1181 Views)

Help Me Pick A Suitable Option / I Went To Do Wardrope With Two Color. Help Me Pick Color / Anyone To Help Me Pick Up Phone At Kebbi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Pick A New Phone by Involutedigital: 6:11am On Apr 06, 2022
Good day nairalanders, I need to buy a new phone and I'll be needing a suggestion or two. I intended to buy the Tecno Camon 18 but started developing cold feet due to complaints of heat (I see it as a sign the processor is being stressed) during usage. Do help me with other good alternatives.

Been hearing about OPPO phones and eyeing the OPPO A96 but I have never used one and I think that model may be out of my intended budget.

Factors I'm considering in order:
1.) Processing Power: I need a phone that can multitask and handle multiple applications without hanging or crashing. Most important requirement.

2.) Battery: Caused by Nigerian factor. Should be able to last a day or more on heavy usage.

3.) Camera: Not so important but should be okay at least

4.) RAM/ROM: 4GB+ of ram. As an Oliver Twist, I wouldn't mind more.

5.) Network: Can I get a 5G phone within my budget as with all going well phone should serve for 2-4years. This will be a plus

6.) Any other important factors you recommend. I'm not a flashy person, just need a durable phone with quality performance

Budget: #80,000 to #120,000

Your advises are welcome.
Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by Cutehector(m): 6:26am On Apr 06, 2022
You never ready to buy phone be that. If 20 people comment now give you advice, you go dey more confused.

5 Likes

Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:38am On Apr 06, 2022
Cutehector:
You never ready to buy phone be that. If 20 people comment now give you advice, you go dey more confused.
he neva knw! cool

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by phemmyfour: 7:31am On Apr 06, 2022
Involutedigital:
Good day nairalanders, I need to buy a new phone and I'll be needing a suggestion or two. I intended to buy the Tecno Camon 18 but started developing cold feet due to complaints of heat (I see it as a sign the processor is being stressed) during usage. Do help me with other good alternatives.

Been hearing about OPPO phones and eyeing the OPPO A96 but I have never used one and I think that model may be out of my intended budget.

1.) Processing Power: I need a phone that can multitask and handle multiple applications without hanging or crashing. Most important requirement.

2.) Battery: Caused by Nigerian factor. Should be able to last a day or more on heavy usage.

5.) Network: Can I get a 5G phone within my budget as with all going well phone should serve for 2-4years. This will be a plus

6.) Any other important factors you recommend. I'm not a flashy person, just need a durable phone with quality performance

5G phone with 4GIG ram or more...your budget is low. Go for Samsung but it's beyond your budget

Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by Involutedigital: 2:31pm On Apr 06, 2022
phemmyfour:
5G phone with 4GIG ram or more...your budget is low. Go for Samsung but it's beyond your budget

Okay but 5G is not compulsory sha. But I don't change phones often and don't know how soon our telcos will roll out 5G
Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by Involutedigital: 2:36pm On Apr 06, 2022
Cutehector:

Lol.... True sha. Thing is I have been out of date with phones. The money is not so easy/convenient hence I don't want to buy what I'll regret.

I have read a few threads and seen information on some redmi and tecno phones heating up with usage. Or cameras going weaker. I know a new Samsung will be out of my budget hence was hoping for guidance on other models based on knowledge and experience of others on this platform.
Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by dankwoska: 3:04pm On Apr 06, 2022
Camon 18 heat? How? The premier on heavy usage no heat well am not a fan of camon series. Try teach 145k to get POVA 5g and thank me later

It z watit z
Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by dippleee1: 3:20pm On Apr 06, 2022
Involutedigital:

Lol.... True sha. Thing is I have been out of date with phones. The money is not so easy/convenient hence I don't want to buy what I'll regret.

I have read a few threads and seen information on some redmi and tecno phones heating up with usage. Or cameras going weaker. I know a new Samsung will be out of my budget hence was hoping for guidance on other models based on knowledge and experience of others on this platform.

i was confused like u few days ago, but i just bought redmi 11s 6/128...believe me am enjoying this device. fast and beautiful
Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by goodoo: 2:34am On Apr 07, 2022
iPhone 8plus nko
Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by sonofthunder: 4:05am On Apr 07, 2022
goodoo:
iPhone 8plus nko
Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by FryMosquito: 8:24am On Apr 07, 2022
Involutedigital:

Go with this and have peace.
Use below link incase you want order tru Jumia with POD. Remember to remove spaces

https: //www. jumia. com. ng/xiaomi-redmi-note-11s-6.4-amoled-screen-6gb128gb-memory-108mp-quad-camera-5000-mah-battery-android-11-pearl-white-99563732.html

Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by Gkemz: 9:03am On Apr 07, 2022
Buy Tecno Spark 7p that has all the features you listed except 5G support.
Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by investigator007: 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
The camon 18 wouldn't have been a bad idea.
Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by investigator007: 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
Gkemz:
Buy Tecno Spark 7p that has all the features you listed except 5G support.
sure the spark 7p is an amazing device too, but for his budget he can even get the spark 8p
Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by Cheezzyy: 10:40pm On Apr 08, 2022
You can choose Pova 5G
Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by Jacku: 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
Involutedigital:

well... As a Camon 18 premier user, I'll say the device is great and has a very high performance.
Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by Jacku: 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
Cutehector:
I dey tell you
Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by Jacku: 12:26pm On Apr 10, 2022
Cheezzyy:
You can choose Pova 5G
how much is it sef
Re: Help Me Pick A New Phone by Cheezzyy: 9:43pm On Apr 14, 2022
Jacku:
how much is it sef
around 150k sha

(1) (Reply)

Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro Gaming Tablet Unboxing And First Impressions (photos) / Best Phone To Get For 50k, Suggestions Needed. Thanks / Samsung A23- What's Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.