Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

I’m A Scientist – Why You Should Never Kill The Spiders In Your Home - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I’m A Scientist – Why You Should Never Kill The Spiders In Your Home (318 Views)

What Is The Best Solution To Stop And Kill The Rats "ASIN" Around Chicken Pen? / A Scientist Says; An Apocalyptic Bird Flu Can Wipe Out Half Of Humanity / 5 Ways to Eliminate Wall Geckos In Your Home/ Office. No 2 Will Shock You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m A Scientist – Why You Should Never Kill The Spiders In Your Home by FullBlastLight: 1:12pm On Apr 06, 2022
Why you should never kill the spiders in your home and why they will ALWAYS be there even if you do.

SPIDERS and other insects are usually exterminated when they find their way inside homes.

An entomologist is cautioning people against getting rid of the spiders in their homes since they can bring surprising benefits.

Most homeowners will never see the spiders that live in their homes.

Spiders play an important role in the ecosystem in nature, as well as the ecosystem inside homes.

Most homeowners will never see the majority of spiders that are living in their home, but they will notice the benefits, says Matt Bertone, Extension Associate in Entomology at North Carolina State University.

Bertone and his colleagues conducted a survey of 50 North Carolina homes and found spiders in each one.

The most common spiders found were the cobweb and cellar spiders.

The spiders wait in their webs to catch their prey, which is often pests like flies and mosquitos.

Some spiders leave the webs to eat other spiders to limit the competition for food.

Having a spider in your home is like having a free pest removal service.

Although many fear spiders, most of the species have venom too weak to cause issues in humans, and that's if their fangs can pierce the skin.

If you do happen to see one in your home, rather than squishing it, try to catch it and release it back outside.

Spiders prefer to avoid humans since we're more dangerous to them than they are to us.

Even if you don't see them, they're most likely there, providing benefits to keep your home comfortable and pest free.

Invasive "parachuting spiders" that can use their webs to ride the wind for long distances have begun spreading along the southeast in the US.

Officially called the Joro spider, its legs can span about three inches. Paired with the striking blue and yellow colors, the spider has given quite the fright to homeowners who stumble upon them.

Although they're venomous, the spider's fangs are too small to break the skin of humans or pets.

Scientists also believe they may be helpful to the environment since they eat pests that ruin crops.

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/4889309/why-you-never-kill-spiders-in-your-home/amp/

Re: I’m A Scientist – Why You Should Never Kill The Spiders In Your Home by Dreal1247: 1:23pm On Apr 06, 2022
How many of us will agree to this? For me, the day any spider comes into contact with me is the last day of the spider on earth.

1 Like

Re: I’m A Scientist – Why You Should Never Kill The Spiders In Your Home by Dubemchi(m): 1:57pm On Apr 06, 2022
Dreal1247:
How many of us will agree to this? For me, the day any spider comes into contact with me is the last day of the spider on earth.
i dey ur back

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Raw Cashew Nuts Available In Kogi State / Livestock Farming / Yeye/hog Plum Juice Fruit For Health Benefit In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.