Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,665 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Why Do Most Nigerian Communites Eat Food And Give Money In Burials - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Most Nigerian Communites Eat Food And Give Money In Burials (272 Views)

Extravagant Spending In Burials. Right Or Wrong / Top 5 Values Most Nigerian Ladies Have Unknowingly Lost / See Reasons Why Most Nigerian Parent Disapprove Inter-tribal Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Most Nigerian Communites Eat Food And Give Money In Burials by Truthsoldier(m): 3:20pm On Apr 06, 2022
Good day nairalanders

There is this thing that I have come to observe in most parts of this nation,I don't know if it is just peculiar to us in Africa or if other African nations does the same, or is it hinged on religion, culture or just personal belief..you may wonder what it is,and this is it...

Why do most people in this nation always have intentions to come to burials to eat food, and also why do people give money at burials?

This is something I want us to look into,I have seen people who come to burials and stack away food,I have seen some given fat list of food items to buy and prepare in a burial,these so-called individuals most times don't raise a finger to help.

I think it is odd, why spend millions on a burial? and why give money to the mourning?

I just have come to observe that the whites have no time for such paparazzi, they do the 'thing' and that's all

What do you think?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Communites Eat Food And Give Money In Burials by josh123(m): 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2022
I think its part of our culture

(1) (Reply)

Character And Justics. / Herbert Macaulay / Joyful Gathering For Local Lovers Of Kimono

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.