Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,397 members, 7,819,414 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media (533 Views)

Alexei Navalny’s Mother Given Hours To Agree To Secret Burial / Serbia Explains Refusal To Join Russia Sanctions / West Feeling Impact Of Russia Sanctions Too As Oil And Gas Prices Soar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by Teaser4(m): 6:59pm On Apr 06, 2022
Coal import ban faced opposition among the 27 member-states.

EU policy makers failed to agree Wednesday on a new package of sanctions against Moscow, including a ban on Russian coal imports, Reuters reports, citing its sources. The latest round of economic restrictions was proposed by the European Commission earlier this week.

Persons familiar with the matter explained the fiasco citing “technical issues” that needed to be resolved, including on whether a coal import ban would affect existing contracts.

The sources noted that it was not clear yet how the issues will be resolved, but the EU hopes to reach a compromise at a meeting on Thursday.

The EU depends on Russia for around 45% of its coal imports, according to the European Commission website. In March, European countries imported a total of 7.1 million tons of thermal coal, which is used in power and heat generation. That is a 40.5% increase year-on-year and the highest level of imports since March 2019.

They’re united Indeed… Orban nah Judas my guy, since he won the re-election dem go hear weren, energy na no-go area for him no time…

Coal Sanctions…. BURSTED!!!!! Dead on arrival
EU make una reason another sanctions

https://www rt com/business/553415-eu-fails-new-russia-sanctions/

Lalasticlala

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by josh123(m): 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2022
Lol, they are now thinking twice before sanctioning the bear.

4 Likes

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by Rastaramsey(m): 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2022
josh123:

Most countries depend on Russia for gas and coal....

They don't want to be thrown into darkness because of Russia-ukraine war

Nothing more..

1 Like

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by Teaser4(m): 7:17pm On Apr 06, 2022
josh123:
na so bro

1 Like

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by Drenimarcus(m): 7:25pm On Apr 06, 2022
Seems Russkies aint playing no longer, i keep seeing destruction everywhere. Even the ship US gave poroshenko got destroyed, ammunitions coming by trains are being bombed.... EU is out of sanctions, now they are barking at China..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by Elvictor: 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2022
grin grin

Zalensky and his groups of comedians in EU

6 Likes

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by Svlla: 7:43pm On Apr 06, 2022
You want them to do what will ruin them

Imagine EU debating about santions on coal, oil and gas the very same fuel that drives the machines of their industries, na to comot food for their mouth be dat

These guys are just being emotional and erratic. They are not thinking straight to even contemplate introducing sanctions on energy undecided

6 Likes

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by jom28gy(m): 7:47pm On Apr 06, 2022
Nonsense European Union, whose only duty is to deceived themselves and others

2 Likes

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by seunny4lif(m): 7:49pm On Apr 06, 2022
RUSSIAN RUBLE RALLIES BACK TO LEVEL SEEN BEFORE UKRAINE WAR.

Baltic states that only depend on German and French money want EU to ban coal from Russia, but Germany and France can't pay for the Baltic states if the coal import will be coming from Australia because that will be too expensive.
Coal price have hit all time high, because massive demand for coal went to the roof

5 Likes

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by baralatie(m): 7:50pm On Apr 06, 2022
Is like.these people.want the EU to freeze to.death

2 Likes

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by seunny4lif(m): 7:54pm On Apr 06, 2022
Drenimarcus:
Seems Russkies aint playing no longer, i keep seeing destruction everywhere. Even the ship US gave poroshenko got destroyed, ammunitions coming by trains are being bombed.... EU is out of sanctions, now they are barking at China..
They bark at India and China cheesy cheesy cheesy
Those ones billions to feed and industries to function, with cheap gas from Russia, China and India will full everywhere.
Japan can't even leave Russia cheap oil and gas deal

5 Likes

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by oluobi(m): 8:03pm On Apr 06, 2022
The US must really have something on this Zelensky of a guy, with which they can destroy him if he goes against them.

I keep asking myself, what is the end game for Ukraine in all of this. Ukraine can NEVER defeat Russia's military on its own, it's obvious the EU have ran out of sanctions, and the ones in place already cannot stop Russia. Why not take the easy way out, which is diplomacy.

By not destroying Kiev with Bombs (they are more than capable to do that), the Russians have left a big window for negotiations to continue, why not take it, so as to put a stop to the suffering of his people.

Biden said they are ready to fight the Russians till the last man standing in Ukraine, i guess the last man standing would be Zelensky.

Since it's obvious NATO would not get involved directly, why not stop all this drama of calling for negotiations, while at the same time, asking for sanctions, no-fly zone and weapons, so you can push out the Russians.

5 Likes

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by chronique(m): 8:20pm On Apr 06, 2022
If they ban oil, gas and coal from Russia at once, how will they survive? How would they power their industries and homes? They need to be pragmatic in their approach to issuing sanctions as the ones they have issued has already hit them too.

2 Likes

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by baralatie(m): 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2022
oluobi:
The US must really have something on this Zelensky of a guy, with which they can destroy him if he goes against them.

I keep asking myself, what is the end game for Ukraine in all of this. Ukraine can NEVER defeat Russia's military on its own, it's obvious the EU have ran out of sanctions, and the ones in place already cannot stop Russia. Why not take the easy way out, which is diplomacy.

By not destroying Kiev with Bombs (they are more than capable to do that), the Russians have left a big window for negotiations to continue, why not take it, so as to put a stop to the suffering of his people.

Biden said they are ready to fight the Russians till the last man standing in Ukraine, i guess the last man standing would be Zelensky.

Since it's obvious NATO would not get involved directly, why not stop all this drama of calling for negotiations, while at the same time, asking for sanctions, no-fly zone and weapons, so you can push out the Russians.

Summary:

Zelensky is a huge problem on its own

1 Like

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by MangekyoAlt: 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2022
Europeans are already protesting against their govt for the high price of gas, coal and inflation. Banning Russian coal that they depend would only worsen the situation. Are Europeans dumb? Like, really I want someone to answer me because I am asking a very serious question. Are they dumb or just proud?
Instead of ditching out sanctions that has clearly been a double edged sword, why are they not channeling the energy into suing for peace? At this point, it should be clear that only diplomacy can end this war, not sanctioning. Sanctioning isn't going to make putin pull back his troops. Are European leaders so dumb that they don't realize this?

4 Likes

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by baralatie(m): 8:33pm On Apr 06, 2022
chronique:
If they ban oil, gas and coal from Russia at once, how will they survive? How would they power their industries and homes? They need to be pragmatic in their approach to issuing sanctions as the ones they have issued has already hit them too.
There are people in Europe that are not even. Calculating the effect.
There own is to put fuel into the fire and leave it for others to solve

1 Like

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by oluobi(m): 8:38pm On Apr 06, 2022
baralatie:

There are people in Europe that are not even. Calculating the effect.
There own is to put fuel into the fire and leave it for others to solve

Number one amongst those putting fire is Boris Johnson, and I'm sure he's doing US bidding.

2 Likes

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by Drenimarcus(m): 8:39pm On Apr 06, 2022
seunny4lif:

They bark at India and China cheesy cheesy cheesy
Those ones billions to feed and industries to function, with cheap gas from Russia, China and India will full everywhere.
Japan can't even leave Russia cheap oil and gas deal

Did you see Psaki news conference? cheesy

1 Like

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by seunny4lif(m): 8:54pm On Apr 06, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Drenimarcus:

Did you see Psaki news conference? cheesy

1 Like

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by Drenimarcus(m): 8:59pm On Apr 06, 2022
Greece officially cut ties with Russia. The Russian Army continues to destroy oil plants. The results of the air-cosmic forces of Russia on the base for storage of Ukrainian fuels and lubricants in the newly cloudy district of the Dnipropetrov region.

The West is now banning anyone who goes against the narrative on Twitter. And New York Times confirmed the authenticity of the Ukrainian army massacre of the Ukrainian army over the wounded Russian soldiers.

The recording shows how Ukrainian soldiers fire a few shots on a man who gave signs of life, probably a Russian soldier, who lies on the road. Bodies of visible bodies are visible next to him. As listed a sheet, the recording was made on March 30 during the withdrawal of Russian troops from Kiev.

Something is brewing, seeing Obama in the White House reeks of something...

2 Likes

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by Appleyard(m): 10:44pm On Apr 06, 2022
Drenimarcus:
Greece officially cut ties with Russia. The Russian Army continues to destroy oil plants. The results of the air-cosmic forces of Russia on the base for storage of Ukrainian fuels and lubricants in the newly cloudy district of the Dnipropetrov region.

The West is now banning anyone who goes against the narrative on Twitter. And New York Times confirmed the authenticity of the Ukrainian army massacre of the Ukrainian army over the wounded Russian soldiers.

The recording shows how Ukrainian soldiers fire a few shots on a man who gave signs of life, probably a Russian soldier, who lies on the road. Bodies of visible bodies are visible next to him. As listed a sheet, the recording was made on March 30 during the withdrawal of Russian troops from Kiev.

Something is brewing, seeing Obama in the White House reeks of something...

Something big is definitely brewing in the horizonn over Ukraine. I can feel it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by Uyi168: 10:54pm On Apr 06, 2022
forget the hype,
European leaders are not very smart.

see the way they are allowing America used them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by Teaser4(m): 12:01am On Apr 07, 2022
oluobi:

Number one amongst those putting fire is Boris Johnson, and I'm sure he's doing US bidding.

Don’t mind that one, he’s doing everything possible to sway the British public from his birthday party scandal, e Dey divert their attention, make dem no reason his matter, if no be Ukraine war, dem go don oust his white a$$

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by Horus(m): 12:31am On Apr 07, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OfJMIG5Ft8

New EU sanctions aimed at Russia, move Europe closer to collapse

1 Like

Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by paafin(m): 1:10am On Apr 07, 2022
oluobi:

I said exactly same thing to a post on Facebook..

Zelenskky's life is at risk if he goes against western orders..

Notice how he talks about peace talk today..

Tomorrow, The west will announce new military hardware to him..

"He must not back down from this fight" seems to be his order.
Re: EU Fails To Agree New Russia Sanctions – Media by YolobaMuslim: 3:07am On Apr 07, 2022
Zelenskyy the Ukrainian clown should have known by now, that he is a joke of a person.
Serious country will impeach the comedian clown and send him back to his comedy career.

That's what you get when a comedian is the president of a country.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sweden Receives U.S. Security Assurances If It Hands In NATO Application / U.S:Massive Baby Food Shortage Leaves Desperate Parents Searching For Food( Pix) / Turkey List Demand For Finalnd And Sweden To Be Admitted Into NATO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.