Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

2023: Osinbajo Was My Mate In Law School But… — Shittu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Osinbajo Was My Mate In Law School But… — Shittu (1321 Views)

Bode George: Osinbajo Was Silent When I Confronted Him / See How Osinbajo Was Received In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State Today / Amaechi Fainted, Was On Drip As Osinbajo Was Made VP To Buhari - Magnus Abe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Osinbajo Was My Mate In Law School But… — Shittu by TheRareGem1(f): 5:49am On Apr 07, 2022
Adebayo Shittu, former communications minister and a national secretaryship aspirant in the just concluded All Progressives Congress, APC, national convention, has said that the race to presidential ticket is not going to be a single face race among the Yoruba aspirants but one that will be competitive among the entire southern aspirants.

Shittu expressed this view while featuring last Monday on Raypower 95.1 fm popular current affairs programme tagged Politics Today.

When asked by Olayemi Afolabi, the presenter who anchored the political programme who will pick up APC presidential ticket preparatory to 2023 general elections between the current vice president, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo and Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the former minister explained: “I will rather describe the selection process as a waiting game and I am not too sure we will be able to produce a presidential candidate the way we produced the National Chairman. But I know Prof. Yemi Osinbajo is interested in the Presidential race and he will soon declare because his boys are going round the country and they have approached me. He was my class mate in law school and when he was Commissioner in Lagos I was also a Commissioner at a time in Oyo State so he is someone I know very well. And I also know that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu the Jagaban of Nigeria is contesting politically and otherwise and I am not too sure whether our leader will allow Yoruba to have the presidential ticket because of the agitation from South-South and South-east.

“I know two people from South-South that want to contest and I also know that two Aspirants from Southeast are also interested.

“Reminded by the host, Afolabi that ACN bloc in APC contributed six governors as against a governor from CPC bloc at the formation of APC, Shittu replied that ” for me is not about blocs when talking about the electoral value of President Buhari because in 2011 when President Buhari contested, he garnered 12 million votes from the north, he only got 500 thousand votes from the entire Southern Nigeria, in 2015 Buhari got 12 million votes from the North and got 3 million votes from the entire South.

“In 2019, President Buhari still garnered 12 million votes from the North and less than 5 million votes from the entire Southern Nigeria,” he said.

Asked if Barr. Shittu is aware how Benyamin Netanyahu, the former Prime Minister of Israel lost his seat by a single vote, Shittu said ‘it is a waiting game’

On his own part, a lecturer from the department of History and International studies in Osun State University Dr. Oluranti Afowowe who was hosted along side with the former Minister said President Buhari has power and influence to determine who will be APC Presidential Candidate.

“Again let me affirm that the honourable minister is well informed on this game and I am not a member of APC but given the pedigree of the Nigerian Politics, the best may not emerge because the power of executive is too enormous and base on the system, the President will still determine who becomes the president,” Dr. Afowowe submitted

https://oyovanguard.com/2022/04/06/2023-osinbajo-was-my-mate-in-law-school-but-shittu/
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Was My Mate In Law School But… — Shittu by Lawlab254: 5:50am On Apr 07, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Was My Mate In Law School But… — Shittu by TheRareGem1(f): 5:50am On Apr 07, 2022
" I know Prof. Yemi Osinbajo is interested in the Presidential race and he will soon declare because his boys are going round the country and they have approached me. He was my class mate in law school and when he was Commissioner in Lagos I was also a Commissioner at a time in Oyo State so he is someone I know very well."
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Was My Mate In Law School But… — Shittu by Mooh247: 6:09am On Apr 07, 2022
CPC bloc are going for SouthSouth. Jonathan or Ameachi

ACN bloc are going for Tinubu or Osinbajo

The game is on

1 Like

Re: 2023: Osinbajo Was My Mate In Law School But… — Shittu by okefranci: 6:31am On Apr 07, 2022
I like this paragraph " I know Prof. Yemi Osinbajo is interested in the Presidential race and he will soon declare because his boys are going round the country and they have approached me. The best candidate is OSINBAJO
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Was My Mate In Law School But… — Shittu by SmartPolician: 6:38am On Apr 07, 2022
Basic truths about Aso Rock:

1. Politicians sound sensible before and after they get into Aso Rock and lose their minds when they occupy the highly exalted State House.

2. You can never be a Nigerian president and not want to contest two tenures.

3. Unlike state deputy governors, a VP can never watch his boss serve two tenures in Aso Rock and won't want to taste that seat.

4. The influence a VP wields depends on the person who occupies the office. That office is very relevant
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Was My Mate In Law School But… — Shittu by VictorUSA(m): 7:02am On Apr 07, 2022
Osinbajo is the next President of Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Was My Mate In Law School But… — Shittu by Truthisunique2: 7:20am On Apr 07, 2022
Mooh247:
CPC bloc are going for SouthSouth. Jonathan or Ameachi

ACN bloc are going for Tinubu or Osinbajo

The game is on
Jonathan that is still recuperating from the recent accident trauma make una dey tell una self truth

Buhari gave amaechi extra state security to go into his campaign tasks (that's the highest blessings buhari can give for now till convention)

Re: 2023: Osinbajo Was My Mate In Law School But… — Shittu by richiemcgold: 7:35am On Apr 07, 2022
nobody even talk about the rising poverty and poor economic situation again; it's all about 2023 everyday.
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Was My Mate In Law School But… — Shittu by nzeobi(m): 7:41am On Apr 07, 2022
I have always said it that who ever buhari picks will become the presidential candidate of the APC cos he is the true leader of the party.

When he picks the person others are expected to fall in line or defect if they wish
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Was My Mate In Law School But… — Shittu by omowolewa: 7:45am On Apr 07, 2022
Okay
Re: 2023: Osinbajo Was My Mate In Law School But… — Shittu by Zeemam: 7:57am On Apr 07, 2022
I just want Osinbajo to declare already

(1) (Reply)

AKWA IBOM SMART INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL BUILDING PROJECT (PHOTOS) / Sit-at-home: Confusion As Police, Civil Defence Corps Clash In Owerri / 2023: Without Zoning Igbos Cannot Produce A President In Nigeria – OUK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.