Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,354 members, 7,957,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:08 AM

The Risk And Reward Of Coaching - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Risk And Reward Of Coaching (157 Views)

Briansclub Cm Dumps: Is It Worth The Risk / What's Risk And Reward Ratio Vs Profit Factor? / Keke Rider Gets N400K Reward For Returning Lost N300K In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Risk And Reward Of Coaching by muskanmuffleit: 1:21pm On Apr 07, 2022
The boldest measures are the safest, he who dares wins, nothing ventured nothing gained….all suggest that taking a risk is well worth the reward. This can be true in coaching too.

There may be avenues well worth exploring or questions that you could ask, which may be a bit “edgy”, but like most risks, some weighing up of the costs vs benefits would be a helpful precursor, to plunging into such a gamble.

Some considerations coaches should reflect on:

1. What are my reasons, as the coach, for taking this risk?
There are plenty of very good reasons for taking a bit of a risk with a client in relation to areas you may have picked up as worth exploring further. Or a hunch you want to back. But of paramount importance, is being able to justify that you are doing it for the sake of the client. Not to look “brilliant” as the coach. But to help the client achieve their goal.

Read More:-The Pros and Cons of Super Fast Battery Charger

As coaches – whether you are a manager who uses this style or a full-time coach – you will doubtless have taken such risks and they will have been the very thing that has “unlocked” a door through which the client can progress.

And let’s not deny that this can be incredibly fulfilling as the coach. It makes the job very rewarding. Great. But keep your celebrations a personal thing. That should not be the motivating factor for taking such gambles.

On the flip side, I have observed many coaches, practicing their skills during my work in helping them develop, and frequently witness a recurring pattern when it comes to taking a bit of a risk: they seem to be on the edge of a discovery that the client may benefit significantly from and yet they step back.

They don’t ask the next question. Well, I frequently challenge them to ask that next question and see what happens. What do you think the results are?

2. Have I contracted this kind of “leap of faith” with my client?
You have much greater flexibility and the permission to take such gambles if you have contracted this at the outset of the coaching relationship. Make sure that at that first meeting you have positioned that you will challenge, posit,” put out there” on occasion, when you think it may help the client move toward their goal.

Check Also

3. What could go wrong? How would we deal with that?
In the moment, it is worth considering the potential downsides of daring to ask that next question. Weigh up quickly the variety of ways that your client may react and how you would deal with that. It matters not if they decide they don’t want to play ball. That is entirely their right.

Therefore dealing with it, maybe as simple as recognizing their option of not engaging and not using that as a stick to beat them with. Let it go and move on. But each situation, each client, and each you will determine what the best way forward is if things go less than positively

Know More:- BEST STUD FINDER APPS

(1) (Reply)

Credit Card Processing Houston / Online Ordering Houston / Alaafin Of Oyo: What Buhari Said About Late Oba Lamidi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.