Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) (22881 Views)

SA Challenges Morocco's African Bid To Lead UN Rights Council / Council Of Europe Expels Russia From Human Rights Body / Biden Vows To Take Action To Prevent Russia From Attacking Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by Housing(m): 8:17pm On Apr 07, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Nice . Any news carried by reuters is confirmed!

Seriously, I still wonder why Russia was given so much power by the west in the past to misbehave this way. Russia is just 2 points ahead of Nigeria in oil endowment. Russia is 8th in the world while Nigeria is 10th. They earn over 1b usd from gas sales daily.

I guess the west hates blacks else they'd have considered Nigeria for their gas dependency instead of going to Russia. Our bonny lite crude was adjudged the best in the world so, why are the west not buying from us as much as they do Russia and other countries of like-colour? I'm sure some people would ignorantly cite corruption but Nigeria wasn't this corrupt as far back as 90s and some western countries were even more corrupt than Nigeria as of then.

2ndly, our soil is more virile for farming than that of Russia. Here we don't always need fertiliser to grow crops especially down south.

Unfortunately for Russia, instead of using the gas proceeds to better the lots of their people, they were busy using it to stockpile weapons. My cousin who schooled in Russia and speaks their language like locals had to leave there after his studies . He said there's nothing in that country , no jobs . He left for America instead.

Back to the matter, why have we not received as much patronage as russua had done from the west on our crude and gas sale? If its construction of gas pipeline that's an issue, glo and mainOne had proved many wrong by channeling their Internet submarine cables from Europe down to Nigeria, which many banks and corporate bodies now depend on. We could have achieved our gas pipeline to Europe through North Africa. I think the west hates us.
Opinion needed and please be civi

You've made some very good points. But what prevents European Countries from patronizing Nigeria's gas was the required infrastructure which is the gas pipeline.

As per crude oil US use to be our major buyer before India and China overtook them. American reduce it's dependency on foreign oil by scaling up it's biofuel and upscaling of it's local hydrocarbon fuel production.

Our leaders failed to invest in the gas sector for it to be attractive to the European market. As it is now European Countries will be forced to invest in other sources of gas supply as alternative to Russian gas

2 Likes

Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by Asianjollof007: 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2022
PHIPEX:
Nope, Nigeria ran away from voting when small Sierra Leone and Liberia stood their ground, check again.

Why should any african country take sides? Idk what's wrong with you online supporters, africans should be more concerned about liberating themselves from those who enslaved and stole your resources. This is a fight between two powerful nation, africa should be thinking of being a better continent.

1 Like

Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by seyz91(m): 8:22pm On Apr 07, 2022
cheesy wetin concern african country with human right?
Besides looting nothing african leaders dey do
fantasticone1:
Most African countries were absent grin grin grin
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by seyz91(m): 8:23pm On Apr 07, 2022
cheesy
DenreleDave:
grin grin cheesy

I pull myself out from every ladies coven too
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by int0x80(m): 8:26pm On Apr 07, 2022
Well deserved ruling.
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by kutashi: 8:28pm On Apr 07, 2022
You're are sick! Just pick who you're siding with! Either Russia or EU/US/NATO but stop your MuMu sermon! All of them have bloods on their hands!
This time! It's them Vs them! Just watch how they will burn themselves! And stop your needless and stupid ranting!
Ade3000yrs:
Hmmm Apart from Seychelles as an African country I noticed as the only country bold enough to have voted against Russia here, I pity all African countries and most of the Arab countries with their indecision to vote against Russia and for their neutral stands here and for most of the Arab countries who voted in favour of Russia. Anyways I must say most of these countries that does not see Russian aggression in Ukraine your days of woes and Ruins is also loading when the rest of the world would turn a blind eye to your plight. When tyrants and confussionist are in power and flourish, how can you expect to see human and infrastructural development other than the strong arms of insecurity and injustice with impunity and total disregard for human right. Karma is an undertaker that always come around. We shall all reap what we sow and what is coming to us all. I see Russian and China communist lobby and blood money conspiracy evenly fashioned out across Africa and most of the Arab countries that has total disregard for Human right. God bless Turkey for the exceptional bold move and bold stance here. If economic development comes to a halt and become grounded in Africa, let it be on the record that we are all paying for our bad choice of government representative and for the sins of lack of accountability from our government and our self imposed crippling anti-west ideology. Wether we like it or not, in Africa, our sins will catch up with us someday. The monster we have created will continue to hunt us and would for sure someday come home to roost if not crowned as king. For me, it has always been God bless America and all NATO allies. God bless Ukraine. One with God is majority. Where there is liberty, Tyrants would continue to tremble and be repressive.

1 Like

Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by Emma15678: 8:33pm On Apr 07, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Salud..
Salud means what? Which language? Really enjoying the conversation.
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by eguarojeona: 8:35pm On Apr 07, 2022
fantasticone1:
No money for flight
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by Asianjollof007: 8:35pm On Apr 07, 2022
sanpipita:
Overwhelming majority there,Russia and their minons will now come threaten us how they will create their own UN, really wish they do so they can live in their fascist world alone.

Death to Russia

Don't let your emotions hinder you from finding truths, no sane human would wake up one day and decide to go to war with his neighbour without no justifiable reason. Instead of staying online wishing death on russians, you should read and find out the cause of the war. Could it be prevented? What's the western contribution in stopping the war?
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by eguarojeona: 8:36pm On Apr 07, 2022
Uprightness100:
keep an eye on GOD'S Prophetic time piece, Israel. The state of Israel Boldly voting against Russia is so Unusual and speaks loudly of what is Coming ahead.

GOD ALMIGHTY is setting up the Nations to Fulfill HIS Word.

We are living in real Biblical times and the Word of GOD is purely being Fulfilled before us.

just shut up please
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by dnawah(m): 8:50pm On Apr 07, 2022
DenreleDave:
grin grin cheesy

I pull myself out from every ladies coven too
I keep on zooming this picture to see if I will see the bamuda triangle,but e no dey work grin grin
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by sanpipita(m): 8:50pm On Apr 07, 2022
Asianjollof007:

Don't let your emotions hinder you from finding truths, no sane human would wake up one day and decide to go to war with his neighbour without no justifiable reason. Instead of staying online wishing death on russians, you should read and find out the cause of the war. Could it be prevented? What's the western contribution in stopping the war?

So Fulani herdsmen has justifiable reason for invading people's lands, some of you are just too silly to understand what you support, who told you nobody especially from the West tried preventing the war, Biden called Putin many times, French and German presidents visited Russia but it wasn't enough to stop Russia from invading, they will suffer consequences of their actions
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by casppyjay: 8:56pm On Apr 07, 2022
sanpipita:
Overwhelming majority there,Russia and their minons will now come threaten us how they will create their own UN, really wish they do so they can live in their fascist world alone.

Death to Russia
read the link ursef kiddddd…there’s nothing like excessive extensive knowledge… Russia actually excused herself ..
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by fmonigent(m): 8:57pm On Apr 07, 2022
I like your sense of judgement
Thanks a lot
Say no war

Asura:

That's harsh bro. Condemn the leaders and not the people. They're some russians who don't support the war in Ukraine.
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by godliman: 8:58pm On Apr 07, 2022
Asura:

That's harsh bro. Condemn the leaders and not the people. They're some russians who don't support the war in Ukraine.
80% of Russians support Putin so they are not guiltless
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by godliman: 9:01pm On Apr 07, 2022
PHIPEX:
So Nigeria no get mind vote? Abstaining from voting is same as supporting aggression.
I was ashamed until iI remembered it is buhari in power
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by godliman: 9:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
perambulator:
thank God Nigeria has borrowed sense from somewhere, after voting with the west in the 1st vote
They have rather borrowed foolishness. Over 400 civilians killed in Bucha alone by Russian criminals and Nigeria has to balls to condemn it.- that is very shameful
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by Asianjollof007: 9:10pm On Apr 07, 2022
sanpipita:

So Fulani herdsmen has justifiable reason for invading people's lands, some of you are just too silly to understand what you support, who told you nobody especially from the West tried preventing the war, Biden called Putin many times, French and German presidents visited Russia but it wasn't enough to stop Russia from invading, they will suffer consequences of their actions

Comparing fulani herdsmen to this type of issue shows how stupid and retarded you are, anyways. You have a lot to learn, don't let your emotions hinder you from finding truths.
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 07, 2022
godliman:

They have rather borrowed foolishness. Over 400 civilians killed in Bucha alone by Russian criminals and Nigeria has to balls to condemn it.- that is very shameful

I'm sorry but you are talking like a fool. According to UN figures, In Nigeria alone 350,000 have died from boko haram, do you know it was the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan that created Boko haram? More people have died in the east from IPOB related killings that Bucha!!! is it not these same countries that were harboring IPOB criminals giving orders from abroad? How many people have died from Fulani herdsmen, do you know it was the NAto invasion of Libya that created Armed Fulani herdsmen? Have you heard any of the citizens of those countries talk about the deaths in Nigeria...do they even know, those that know, do they care?

Dont take panadol for another mans headache especially those who dont even notice you when you have headache. Na then create problem, let them solve their problems themselves.

You are a Nigerian show me a post where you showed concern for the 350,000 Nigerians that have died from Westerner created Terrorism, or the war in Cameroun or Ethiopia, yet with your mentally enslaved brain it is oyinbo war you are worried about. the same Ukranians that refused to let Nigerians leave when the war started.

Look at your fellow Africans and non-white countriess, none of them are taking sides because it is not their war, what is your own, is your great-grandfather from ukraine, or is your grandmother that is from Russia? Any war is sad, any death is sad, but Ulranian life is not more precious than an African life, if they dont care about us...then Bleep them!!!

If WWIII breaks out and Russia or NATO say we are targeting countries who supported the other side, you are the same fools that will be saying wetin concern us that you are targeting us!!!

Somebody borrow this guy a brain!!!!
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by sanpipita(m): 9:19pm On Apr 07, 2022
Asianjollof007:

Comparing fulani herdsmen to this type of issue shows how stupid and retarded you are, anyways. You have a lot to learn, don't let your emotions hinder you from finding truths.

You probably weren't thinking when you made previous statement, I had to use Fulani example to knock back some senses into your head, stop justifying rubbish today, your head is probably full of Russia propaganda
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by sammyj: 9:19pm On Apr 07, 2022
Not Absent, it's Abstention grin grin
fantasticone1:
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 07, 2022
sanpipita:

My friend many of you are ignorant, this war was deliberately orchestrated by the US, the US especially the older generation have always had a problem with RUSSia, the older generation still have that cold war mindset. NOV21 Joe Biden signed an official declaration that the US will support Ukraines bid to join NATO, 2 months later war broke out and you are telling people they tried to prevent war. I will find the link and attache it here, google it!!! German chancellor begged that foolish comedian of a president to renounce his plan to join NATO and be Neutral, the idiot said no. Today he has now accepted Neutrality after he has seen that the US wont support them and has seen the war in his country. Unfortunately for him it is too late. the man was stubborn because he was deceived by the US, he said it himself after war broke out now we know we can never join NATO, now we know we are on our own.

Dont buy into western propaganda, they are masters of deceit!!!!

Below is the relevant section of the official charter issued on Nov 12 2021
https://www.state.gov/u-s-ukraine-charter-on-strategic-partnership/

"Guided by the April 3, 2008 Bucharest Summit Declaration of the NATO North Atlantic Council and as reaffirmed in the June 14, 2021 Brussels Summit Communique of the NATO North Atlantic Council, the United States supports Ukraine’s right to decide its own future foreign policy course free from outside interference, including with respect to Ukraine’s aspirations to join NATO."

The agreement that ended the cold war was that NATO would not expand eastwards but since then they have been expanding 1000km eastwards and Russia has been quiet now they want to be right next to Russia...kilode!!!
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by HurleyHM: 9:33pm On Apr 07, 2022
What's with Africa and dictatorship? Look the way Africa voted. It is appalling and nauseating!
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 07, 2022
HurleyHM:
What's with Africa and dictatorship? Look the way Africa voted. It is appalling and nauseating!

Because it is not our business, we are not puppets of the west or anybody!!!
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by Fortune109: 9:37pm On Apr 07, 2022
PHIPEX:
Cool, I remember the Non-allign stuff in Govt and Pol science in school, thanks for the clarity.

Sure welcome!
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by sanpipita(m): 9:42pm On Apr 07, 2022
perambulator:

My friend many of you are ignorant, this war was deliberately orchestrated by the US, the US especially the older generation have always had a problem with RUSSia, the older generation still have that cold war mindset. NOV21 Joe Biden signed an official declaration that the US will support Ukraines bid to join NATO, 2 months later war broke out and you are telling people they tried to prevent war. I will find the link and attache it here, google it!!! German chancellor begged that foolish comedian of a president to renounce his plan to join NATO and be Neutral, the idiot said no. Today he has now accepted Neutrality after he has seen that the US wont support them and has seen the war in his country. Unfortunately for him it is too late. the man was stubborn because he was deceived by the US, he said it himself after war broke out now we know we can never join NATO, now we know we are on our own.

Dont buy into western propaganda, they are masters of deceit!!!!

https://www.state.gov/u-s-ukraine-charter-on-strategic-partnership/

What makes you think USA decides who joins NATO, do you know Ukraine had proposal to join NATO rejected before, you people think joining NATO is like going to kiosk to buy sweet, reason you believe Russia pretexts.

In all Putin's speeches has he ever mentioned to you or said NATO is the problem? most of you don't think it's funny, you are even the ignorant person here.

1 Like

Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 07, 2022
sanpipita:

What makes you think USA decides who joins NATO, do you know Ukraine had proposal to join NATO rejected before, you people think joining NATO is like going to kiosk to buy sweet, reason you believe Russia pretexts.

In all Putin's speeches has he ever mentioned to you or said NATO is the problem? most of you don't think it's funny, you are even the ignorant person here.

did you read the part where the document says the US will officially support Ukraines NATO membership? Who funds NATO? remmember when Trump was complaing that the NATO members werent paying their membership dues and it was the US that was paying for NATO?

Ok so answer your own question!!!
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 07, 2022
sanpipita:

let me also inform all you ignoramuses out there that the US almost dropped a nuclear bomb on Cuba, when Cuba tried exactly the same thing Ukraine was trying to do. The US are just hypocrites!!! They did the same thing Russia is doing when Cuba requested soviet missiles to protect themn from US invasion and were very close to dropping a nuclear bomb on Cuba! Cuba is 60 miles away from the US! This is a country that dropped an Atomic bomb on japan for no reason at all!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis

the exact same thing that is happening now happenned in 1962, the only difference is the actors are reversed USA-Cuba Russia-Ukraine but somehow in you mentally enslaved brains it is Russia that is the bad guy and the US are saints? The only difference is Cuba had the good sense to back down but the clown Zelensky allowed himself to be played by the US despite desperate appeals by germany to back down. Like I said he fool has now backed down and accepted neutrality but war has started and it is too late for Russia to pull out, Russia has to finish the job because either way they (russia) will pay a huge price so they might as well finish the job once and for all.
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by 2sexycom(m): 10:06pm On Apr 07, 2022
BotRascal:
Hmmm..... Uncle Sam really knows how to rally her cohorts at the UN
Next is kicking Russia out of the G20, I think they are already on it.
They didn't become world power by accident. They know this politics game like Northern Nigerians do lol
Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
2sexycom:
They didn't become world power by accident. They know this politics game like Northern Nigerians do lol

US are just bullies, do as we want or we sanction you. There were reports at the last vote that diplomats of many small countries were threatened with freezing bank accounts, removing the diplomat's children from US schools etc if they didnt vote with the US.

1 Like

Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by sanpipita(m): 10:19pm On Apr 07, 2022
perambulator:

did you read the part where the document says the US will officially support Ukraines NATO membership? Who funds NATO? remmember when Trump was complaing that the NATO members werent paying their membership dues and it was the US that was paying for NATO?

Ok so answer your own question!!!

Wasn't USA funding NATO when Ukraine NATO proposal was rejected, do you people think at all, if USA couldn't help Ukraine join NATO before how come suddenly it will happen, go and educate yourself on requirements of joining NATO, it's funny people like you insist Ukraine can join NATO when it cannot.

Again I will ask you this, have you seen Russia in any official release mention NATO as reason they are invading Ukraine, you are pretending to be smart but too ignorant

1 Like

Re: UN Suspends Russia From Human Rights Council ( Pix) by sanpipita(m): 10:21pm On Apr 07, 2022
perambulator:

let me also inform all you ignoramuses out there that the US almost dropped a nuclear bomb on Cuba, when Cuba tried exactly the same thing Ukraine was trying to do. The US are just hypocrites!!! They did the same thing Russia is doing when Cuba requested soviet missiles to protect themn from US invasion and were very close to dropping a nuclear bomb on Cuba! Cuba is 60 miles away from the US! This is a country that dropped an Atomic bomb on japan for no reason at all!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis

the exact same thing that is happening now happenned in 1962, the only difference is the actors are reversed USA-Cuba Russia-Ukraine but somehow in you mentally enslaved brains it is Russia that is the bad guy and the US are saints? The only difference is Cuba had the good sense to back down but the clown Zelensky allowed himself to be played by the US despite desperate appeals by germany to back down. Like I said he fool has now backed down and accepted neutrality but war has started and it is too late for Russia to pull out, Russia has to finish the job because either way they (russia) will pay a huge price so they might as well finish the job once and for all.

You are making up pretexts for Russia, Russia has their own mouth to talk they never say NATO is the problem, Putin said Russia is in Ukraine for denazification and demilitarization finish

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Us Senate Okays Soldiers To Be Intimate With Horses! / Ukraine War: Missile And Drone Attacks Launched Against Russia(photos) / 8 Killed In Shootings At 3 Metro Atlanta Spas. Police Have 1 Suspect In Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.