Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

How Do I Test For Dementia And Alzheimer's? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Test For Dementia And Alzheimer's? (128 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Dementia And Alzheimer's Disease? / USA Approves 5-Minute Test For Coronavirus / Loud Snoring Could Be An Early Warning Sign For Dementia And Memory Illness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Test For Dementia And Alzheimer's? by jacksonthomas: 12:43pm On Apr 08, 2022
It's difficult for doctors to diagnose dementia in its early stages. Doctors must study the patient's medical history and do a physical examination in order to determine the etiology of dementia. Because there is no single test for dementia, doctors will usually do numerous tests to determine a patient's true condition.

A blood test can quickly uncover physical issues that can affect the brain's process.

A CT or MRI scan can be used to look for signs of a stroke, hemorrhage, tumors, or hydrocephalus.

Doctors assess your memory, language, visual perception, attention, problem-solving, mobility, senses, balance, reflexes, and other regions of your brain.

Doctors will assess your capacity to think through cognitive and neuropsychological exams. Tests of cognition and neuropsychology Cognitive abilities such as memory, direction, reasoning, and judgment, as well as language and attention skills, are assessed using a number of tests.

PET (positron emission tomography) is a technique for detecting brain activity.

(1) (Reply)

Un Able To Breath Very Well / Why Are You Suffering From Stomach Pain / Give Burnout An Uppercut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.