Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,287 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? (6660 Views)

Business Or Building A House / 10 Easy Steps To Start A Profitable Graphic Design Business / Business Or Handiwork What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by horke(m): 2:52pm On Apr 08, 2022
Good day

I stays in osogbo, osun state, I happen to be a graduate of civil engineering but not practising for years now, things get harder each year. But I have some hand works (bricklaying and tailoring) that has just been keeping me surviving.

Early this year a friend advised me to look for office and cleaning job around.

Presently I have been in Lagos for a week now staying with a brother trying to get on searching for a job.

I was called for an interview at Newedge finance company as a collection officer, done with the interview but the salary is so so sucks.... (35k to 4ok) monthly,

now am thinking of returning back home if I can actually set up a fashion designing shop. Confused

Your candid advices please nairalanders!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by Stephen0mozzy: 3:08pm On Apr 08, 2022
Do you have the capital to setup the Fashion Shop? Have you scouted around for a location that will aid your growth..... If you van be patient to raise funds and also be diligent when the business starts.... The Fashion Business will pay you more... And give you better improvement opportunities.

When you start make sure to maximize the internet in creating awareness for your skills and grow your client list... Who knows you might one day meet a client that will turn your business into an empire.

Best wishes

10 Likes

Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by horke(m): 7:31pm On Apr 08, 2022
Stephen0mozzy:
Do you have the capital to setup the Fashion Shop? Have you scouted around for a location that will aid your growth..... If you van be patient to raise funds and also be diligent when the business starts.... The Fashion Business will pay you more... And give you better improvement opportunities.

When you start make sure to maximize the internet in creating awareness for your skills and grow your client list... Who knows you might one day meet a client that will turn your business into an empire.

Best wishes

U are are boss sir

2 Likes

Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by slawormiir: 12:41pm On Apr 09, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Fahsionista anyday anytime twice on Saturday

Make sure that fashion designing shop is fun......something that attracts niggarrrrs ...

5 Likes

Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by ecomalchemist(m): 12:42pm On Apr 09, 2022
Business all the way !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by BigDawsNet: 12:45pm On Apr 09, 2022
I happen to be a graduate cheesy

The statement is correct but funny

You will make more money from your fashion...
30 to 40k in present economy won't reach anywhere

1 Like

Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by Winters23: 12:50pm On Apr 09, 2022
horke:
Good day

I stays in osogbo, osun state, I happen to be a graduate of civil engineering but not practising for years now, things get harder each year. But I have some hand works (bricklaying and tailoring) that has just been keeping me surviving.

Presently I have been in Lagos for a week now staying with a brother trying to get on searching for a job.

I was called for an interview at Newedge finance company as a collection officer, done with the interview but the salary is so so sucks.... (35k to 4ok) monthly,

now am thinking of returning back home if I can actually set up a fashion designing shop. Confused

Send me a dm

3 Likes

Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by Fadoria: 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2022
How well are you good in tailoring,let work together I based in lagos

2 Likes

Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2022
Winters23:

Send me a dm

you wan go scam the poor guy now. it's a public forum, we're all looking for ideas so if you have one spill it here

7 Likes

Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by fullnetwork: 1:15pm On Apr 09, 2022
horke:
Good day

Do you think there is prospect in the collection officer job?
If they sack you after 2 or 10 or 35 years, what do you think will be your status? To begin to look for fresh job or open your own collection firm?
If you focus on your fashion design, what do you think can happen after 2 or 10or 35 years?
Is it possible that something related to your formal education can spring up and be managed with fashion design until one or more become established?
NL will advice you, but let your spirit guide you.

3 Likes

Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by JayPeeOham: 1:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
horke:
Good day

Chat me up on WhatsApp... I have something for you
070 1252 .... Send me a PM for the complete number if you are ready to work here in Lagos. You can thank me later!!

1 Like

Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by Khaysee: 1:43pm On Apr 09, 2022
Lot of fashion house lagos that will pay you double of that money for a start

We sell all types of men clothing payment on delivery within lagos and nationwide delivery daily
Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by Xristars(m): 2:01pm On Apr 09, 2022
I'm also a fashion designer, based in Ogun state I kinda understand you, I believe the major reason you went in search of a job was low income generation of your fashion business and the need to raise capital to grow your business.

i will advise you consider your expenses involved in the job and Know how much your savings will be and compare it to your monthly income(profits) in fashion designing

Anyone that has more profit go for it. Or better still look for a better job offer. And start creating awareness even in Lagos of your skill. Lagos pays better

Maybe the first Lagos client you will get will open your eyes and you will stick with fashion business but in Lagos.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by Xristars(m): 2:03pm On Apr 09, 2022
Khaysee:
Lot of fashion house lagos that will pay you double of that money for a start

We sell all types of men clothing payment on delivery within lagos and nationwide delivery daily

Please Can you recommend a few and thier location in Lagos? Thanks
Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by yeking18(m): 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2022
Winters23:

Send me a dm

Boss let me send you my CV too.. A graduate in actuarial science since last 4 years but nothing to write home about on personal sustainance. My gmail yekini.ahmed99@gmail.com.. God bless you
Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by generalwo(m): 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2022
Save up to set up your fashion design shop.... Being a collection officer sucks... U go dey chop insults and swear up and down from defaulting customers every single day because of 40k...bros no do am.

2 Likes

Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by Highways: 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2022
You go soon COLLECT.... Collection officer... Till you save money

2 Likes

Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by horke(m): 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2022
Email sent sir

[quote author=Winters23 post=111788233]

Send me a dm[/quo
Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by horke(m): 2:24pm On Apr 09, 2022
generalwo:
Save up to set up your fashion design shop.... Being a collection officer sucks... U go dey chop insults and swear up and down from defaulting customers every single day because of 40k...bros no do am.

Grateful sir.. I appreciate
Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by horke(m): 2:29pm On Apr 09, 2022
Winters23:

Send me a dm

My email dylove4sure@gmail.com

Digit... 07030211592
Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by Timagex(m): 2:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
Hello....I am a fashion photographer. Check my signature...

Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by horke(m): 2:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
JayPeeOham:

Chat me up on WhatsApp... I have something for you
070 1252 .... Send me a PM for the complete number if you are ready to work here in Lagos. You can thank me later!!

I don't get d message stuff

My line is 07030211592

Email dylove4sure@gmail.com
Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 09, 2022
Fashion design. Pls who has a spare andriod phone to lend to me even though it is spoilt i will look for money to repair it,please help me if you have and want to give out.
Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by JayPeeOham: 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2022
horke:

I don't get d message stuff

My line is 07030211592

Email dylove4sure@gmail.com

Check your whatsapp
Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by placeofallure(f): 4:20pm On Apr 09, 2022
generalwo:

Do you know your post actually enlightened me. I've been wondering what a collection officer does, until your post shed more light. I was thinking he's gonna be packing waste or something. Dunno it's Baba Alajo grin

Fashion Designing is better OP, provided you have enough resources to start. Those of us doing salary work are looking for ways to opt out. I'm doubling my efforts to stay on my own. I've been lackadaisical about it. No more!

1 Like

Re: Fashion Design Business Or Collection Officer? by Kingzeez10: 5:00pm On Apr 09, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Fahsionista anyday anytime twice on Saturday

Make sure that fashion designing shop is fun......something that attracts niggarrrrs ...

You're trying so hard to impersonate the real damn niggarr guy

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Tough Calls To Make On Career Growth / Setting up a cooking gas home delivery service / Discussion Board For Construction Project Managers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.