Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Should I Be Paying Them ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Should I Be Paying Them ? (505 Views)

How Can I Be A Member Of The British Computer Society / Please Help! How Can I Be A Self-taught Programmer/developer? / Can I Be A Good Programmer Without Studying Computer Science In The University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Be Paying Them ? by softcoder: 6:29pm On Apr 08, 2022
I have been running a web development business for long now for the past years I expanded my knowledge base and learned Linux system administrator and others things and this boosted my income massively while I might have not been on TV for been a wonder person that invented so so this or that but I know my stuff very well
And one day I will get there

But my success story has made alot of people around me to want me to teach their friends or recommend me to others if they want to learn

But I teach only few people every year
But I have noticed that alot of them had little or no interest in real programming

Most of them wanted to learn what will aid them to start yahoo asap

So this year I became worried about this any I want a way to motivate them that there is really a good opportunities on the internet apart from scamming

So I wanted to start paying them 15k every month till the end of their tutorial which is 12months

Before u come to tell me it is very poor for someone in tech , this people are total noobs infact me trying to pay them is kind of way to discourage them from looking for quick money
At least it will cover for their sub and tfare
Re: Should I Be Paying Them ? by Hailleys: 6:52pm On Apr 08, 2022
This is a very great idea, but I'm wondering if they will be serious about learning the stuff.
But that will keep them to be staying though and make them grab the opportunity but they will later disappoint you in the end, I'm talking from my experience but mine was in a digital marketing niche.
Anyway, I am interested in the programming stuff too and I will be glad if you can tutor me as well.
Re: Should I Be Paying Them ? by Rollsnjaguar(m): 6:56pm On Apr 08, 2022
softcoder:
I have been running a web development business for long now for the past years I expanded my knowledge base and learned Linux system administrator and others things and this boosted my income massively while I might have not been on TV for been a wonder person that invented so so this or that but I know my stuff very well
And one day I will get there

But my success story has made alot of people around me to want me to teach their friends or recommend me to others if they want to learn

But I teach only few people every year
But I have noticed that alot of them had little or no interest in real programming

Most of them wanted to learn what will aid them to start yahoo asap

So this year I became worried about this any I want a way to motivate them that there is really a good opportunities on the internet apart from scamming

So I wanted to start paying them 15k every month till the end of their tutorial which is 12months

Before u come to tell me it is very poor for someone in tech , this people are total noobs infact me trying to pay them is kind of way to discourage them from looking for quick money
At least it will cover for their sub and tfare

Can you teach someone else apart from your cycle of friends?

You don't need to pay the person
Re: Should I Be Paying Them ? by softcoder: 6:57pm On Apr 08, 2022
Rollsnjaguar:

Can you teach someone else apart from your cycle of friends?

You don't need to pay the person

Yes
Re: Should I Be Paying Them ? by Rollsnjaguar(m): 6:57pm On Apr 08, 2022
softcoder:

Yes

Can I get your contact or email
Re: Should I Be Paying Them ? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2022
Since you observed this pattern, why not pay only those who are 'genuinely' interested and not those who will fake the interest because of the pay.

In summary, why not start paying say after three months or (pay those who have been learning >= three months). You should have figured those who really want to learn by then.

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Paying Them ? by mrfizy(m): 7:46pm On Apr 08, 2022
So people are getting paid to learn a tech skill and here are some of us struggling to get cheap internet.
They don't know.
I am learning web technologies,can you please be my mentor?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How And Where To Learn Programming/coding In 2022 [ultimate Guide] / I Need A Professional Code Developer / The Man Who Created An Operating System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.