Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:52 PM

Which Is Better: tokunbo Or Brand New China Sho Absorber For My Honda Civic 2007 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is Better: tokunbo Or Brand New China Sho Absorber For My Honda Civic 2007 (1296 Views)

Advice Needed: Shock Absorber For My Camry 2008 V6 / 2007 Corolla Sport (tokunbo) Or 2011 Corolla Sport (nigerian Used) / "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better: tokunbo Or Brand New China Sho Absorber For My Honda Civic 2007 by Avalani(m): 6:21am On Apr 10, 2022
Hello guys,

Please I need your advice as I'm not very experienced with cars and need to change all 4 shock absorbers on my Honda civic 2007.

Should I go for brand new "China" or tokunbo used shock absorber? Which will serve me better in the long run?

Also, I'm currently at Ijebu Ode but trying to decide if it is advisable to drive all the way to ladipo market or oyingbo market in Lagos with completely bad shocks.
Or should I look for a trusted seller online and get him to waybill it?

Thank you
Re: Which Is Better: tokunbo Or Brand New China Sho Absorber For My Honda Civic 2007 by buygala(m): 10:35am On Apr 10, 2022
Avalani:
Hello guys,

Please I need your advice as I'm not very experienced with cars and need to change all 4 shock absorbers on my Honda civic 2007.

Should I go for brand new "China" or tokunbo used shock absorber? Which will serve me better in the long run?

Also, I'm currently at Ijebu Ode but trying to decide if it is advisable to drive all the way to ladipo market or oyingbo market in Lagos with completely bad shocks.

Thank you

If your present shocks are factory spec. refill them and rest smiley... I drive a 2010 Accord and despite all advice against me refilling my factory shocks, I did so... One year+ and those shocks are still as tight as the day I first refilled them..

The toks ones are mostly refilled anyways.. . And those China ones are prone to bending or leaking oil at any time.. . No seller will give you even a week guarantee on those chinko shocks... Goes to show they know the nonsense they are selling

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better: tokunbo Or Brand New China Sho Absorber For My Honda Civic 2007 by CocoaOla: 10:45am On Apr 10, 2022
Civic dont pull leg but you are daft to buy china intead of honda geninue OEM Your honda will pull k leg like this

Re: Which Is Better: tokunbo Or Brand New China Sho Absorber For My Honda Civic 2007 by CocoaOla: 10:50am On Apr 10, 2022
Avalani:
Hello guys,

Thank you
buy genius part in honda market in Oyigbo don't come and join that Magot brain honda pull leg gang later

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: tokunbo Or Brand New China Sho Absorber For My Honda Civic 2007 by sheantip(m): 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2022
[quote author=Avalani post=111807306]Hello guys,

Also, I'm currently at Ijebu O.de but trying to decide if it is advisable to drive all the way to ladipo market or oyingbo market in Lagos with completely bad shocks.

Go-to new road at ijb ode and ask for alhaji that sells honda parts, he should have parts for your civic.
U don't need going to Lagos.
Re: Which Is Better: tokunbo Or Brand New China Sho Absorber For My Honda Civic 2007 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2022
Avalani:
Hello guys,

Thank you

Buy original new OEM shocks and rest. KYB is one brand that I'll swear by any day. Make certain that you buy the original ones, made in Japan.

If you have sense and aren't a rough driver, those OEM will easily outlast the vehicle itself! They are that good.

Be prepared though: the sticker shock may last a while in your system smiley
Re: Which Is Better: tokunbo Or Brand New China Sho Absorber For My Honda Civic 2007 by felix55(m): 1:01pm On Apr 11, 2022
buygala:

If your present shocks are factory spec. refill them and rest smiley... I drive a 2010 Accord and despite all advice against me refilling my factory shocks, I did so... One year+ and those shocks are still as tight as the day I first refilled them..

The toks ones are mostly refilled anyways.. . And those China ones are prone to bending or leaking oil at any time.. . No seller will give you even a week guarantee on those chinko shocks... Goes to show they know the nonsense they are selling
Pls can u elite me more on this refill of shocks ...
Re: Which Is Better: tokunbo Or Brand New China Sho Absorber For My Honda Civic 2007 by buygala(m): 10:38am On Apr 12, 2022
felix55:

Pls can u elite me more on this refill of shocks ...

Shocks go bad when they start leaking oil and thus cannot compress and decompress as needed.. They can be refilled and resealed for proper function

Approach any mechanic in your area.. Ask him where they refill shocks...

I did mine for 1k per shock early last year.. . They are perfect till date

As long as your shocks are not bent or rusted, they can be dismantled and refilled.. And will last if done well
Re: Which Is Better: tokunbo Or Brand New China Sho Absorber For My Honda Civic 2007 by Elxandre(m): 9:25am On Apr 13, 2022
buygala:

Shocks go bad when they start leaking oil and thus cannot compress and decompress as needed.. They can be refilled and resealed for proper function

Approach any mechanic in your area.. Ask him where they refill shocks...

I did mine for 1k per shock early last year.. . They are perfect till date

As long as your shocks are not bent or rusted, they can be dismantled and refilled.. And will last if done well
How does one know when shocks go bad?
Re: Which Is Better: tokunbo Or Brand New China Sho Absorber For My Honda Civic 2007 by buygala(m): 9:39am On Apr 13, 2022
Elxandre:

How does one know when shocks go bad?

Oil stains on them

Or they are bent

Any other suspension issue will have to be in investigated and not blame it on shocks

(1) (Reply)

World's First Hand-woven Car, Nigeria / BMW R1200RT-P Front Brake Pad Replacement (PICS) / Self Drive Car Rental In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.