Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

DEMOCRACY is more important than Revenge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DEMOCRACY is more important than Revenge (257 Views)

Cows Are More Important Than Nigerians’ Lives - Ortom Fires Back At Garba Shehu / Our Democracy Is Under Threat - Secondus / CJN Suspension: Our Democracy Is On Fire - House Of Reps Speaker, Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DEMOCRACY is more important than Revenge by constancefriday(m): 7:32am On Apr 10, 2022
News - Apostle Constance C. Friday calls on politicians involved in the systematic deconstruction of Nigeria in various key sectors and government agencies to stop and be more patriotic.
- Democracy is more important than revenge. He says

Is it wise to burn down your house just to get back at a Cat (proverbial statement).
I'm aware that those paralyzing and deconstructing Nigeria right now are doing it for political reasons.
If your method of getting back at your political opposition is leaving a lot of lifeless innocent bodies on your trail, can you smile at the Man you see in the mirror and say, I'm a true democrat?
The People and their welfare should come first before political interests.
I wonder why for decades political interests matter more than public welfare. The Youths are angry because they feel the government doesn't care about them, based on political statements, some parts of the country feel excluded from administrative actions and political inclusion based on political statements.
Political statements are designed to be like what God inspired Prophet Isaiah to write in the book of Isaiah 40:1 which says "Comfort, Comfort my People...tell Israel her sins are forgiven"
All we see since 1999 is Political Party X doing everything feasible or imaginable to sabotage Political Party Y and Political Party Y bending or compressing the atmosphere that even contains the air that the People breath to get back at Political Party X.
The claps and clapbacks go on and on and on until the a whole nation is actually getting deconstructed!

Can you refrain from striking back when you're struck to ensure you're the better person in the long run?

I hope our political gladiators realize that democracy is more important than revenge. Of what use is a full capacity Olympic stadium when you all you have to show the spectators is a goaless draw!
It's making no democratic sense!
Yours Sincerely;
Apostle Constance C. Friday Ani
(Retired Senior Advocate for the Masses)

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DEMOCRACY is more important than Revenge by constancefriday(m): 7:42am On Apr 10, 2022
constancefriday:
News - Apostle Constance C. Friday calls on politicians involved in the systematic deconstruction of Nigeria in various key sectors and government agencies to stop and be more patriotic.

Is it wise to burn down your house just to get back at a Cat (proverbial statement).
I'm aware that those paralyzing and deconstructing Nigeria right now are doing it for political reasons.
If your method of getting back at your political opposition is leaving a lot of lifeless innocent bodies on your trail, can you smile at the Man you see in the mirror and say, I'm a true democrat?
I wonder why for decades political interests matter more than public welfare. The Youths are angry because they feel the government doesn't care about them, based on political statements, some parts of the country feel excluded from administrative actions and political inclusion based on political statements.
Political statements are designed to be like what God inspired Prophet Isaiah to write in the book of Isaiah 40:1 which says "Comfort, Comfort my People...tell Israel her sins are forgiven"
All we see since 1999 is Political Party X doing everything feasible or imaginable to sabotage Political Party Y and Political Party Y bending or compressing the atmosphere that even contains the air that the People breath to get back at Political Party X.
The claps and clapbacks go on and on and on until the a whole nation is actually getting deconstructed!

Can you refrain from striking back when you're struck to ensure you're the better person in the long run?

I hope our political gladiators realize that democracy is more important than revenge. Of what use is a full capacity Olympic stadium when you all you have to show the spectators is a goaless draw!
Yours Sincerely;
Re: DEMOCRACY is more important than Revenge by anitazion: 8:10am On Apr 10, 2022
constancefriday:

Yours Sincerely;
Well said MOG, Nigeria is in a complete mess...
Re: DEMOCRACY is more important than Revenge by stephieok: 8:14am On Apr 10, 2022
constancefriday:

Yours Sincerely;
While the country burns, our leaders chill and drink wine in Abuja. They are not even losing sleep over the matter. Like leaders of well developed nations would if this kind of jargon is just showing 1% of its ugly face.
Re: DEMOCRACY is more important than Revenge by staceyokon: 11:33am On Apr 28, 2022
constancefriday:

Yours Sincerely;

I don't know why in this country the welfare of the people don't mean a kilobyte to the leaders

(1) (Reply)

Tomorrow 11th Is Ofe Nsala Sit At Home Day And I Will Also Relax / Breaking!!! Osinbajo Finally Declares To Run For 2023 Presidential Election / Killings In Orlu Is Sponsors By Wicked Politicians — Imo Governor, Uzodinma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.