Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Well Water Smells Like Rotten Egg - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Well Water Smells Like Rotten Egg (628 Views)

My Rotten Teeth Is Driving Girls Away From Me, Please Help / Why Is My Urine Odor Like Rotten Egg? / 5 Reasons Why Your Private Part Smells And What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Well Water Smells Like Rotten Egg by Mrlance15: 9:50pm On Apr 10, 2022
My well is suddenly contaminated and the water is smelling, how do I remove the ordor?
Re: Well Water Smells Like Rotten Egg by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 10, 2022
Mrlance15:
My well is suddenly contaminated and the water is smelling, how do I remove the ordor?

Presence of bacteria in the well or underground water from the sorrounding. Easiest temporary solution is to pump out the current water and allow a fresh one into the well.

If it keeps smelling, you might wanna call borehole/well experts.
Re: Well Water Smells Like Rotten Egg by soundOsonic: 10:02pm On Apr 10, 2022
Chlorinate the water. Na sulphur bacteria
Re: Well Water Smells Like Rotten Egg by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 10, 2022
Call water treating people
Re: Well Water Smells Like Rotten Egg by Mrlance15: 9:33am On Apr 11, 2022
Loewe:

Presence of bacteria in the well or underground water from the sorrounding. Easiest temporary solution is to pump out the current water and allow a fresh one into the well.

If it keeps smelling, you might wanna call borehole/well experts.
It's domestic well, I don't have the means to pump it out
Re: Well Water Smells Like Rotten Egg by Mrlance15: 9:34am On Apr 11, 2022
soundOsonic:
Chlorinate the water. Na sulphur bacteria
Like buy chlorine and pour?
Re: Well Water Smells Like Rotten Egg by soundOsonic: 10:19pm On Apr 11, 2022
Mrlance15:
Like buy chlorine and pour?
Yes sodium hypo chlorite.
Or you can use hypo, pour it in small quantity, to disinfect your water.

(1) (Reply)

Natural Ways To Cure Intraocular Pressure Due To Glaucoma / Is It Dangerous To Bath With Canoe Or Delfin Soap? / Chew Sunflower Seeds Daily To Cure These Dangerous Diseases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.