Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

What Game Are You Currently Playing? - Gaming (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Game Are You Currently Playing? (774784 Views)

What Game Are You Currently Playing On Ps2 Plattforms Only... / Which Game Are You Currently Playing? / What Game Can You Play 100times Without Getting Bored And Tired Of It??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (497) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ActivateKruger: 3:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
LordReed:

Great for FPS games and some action RPGs, not so for combat games, platformers, racing and some others.

You trow in an Xbox controller, you're sorted.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ActivateKruger: 3:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
magnusbane:
Isn't this graphics card,spec and RAM thing stressfull,isn't life just easier when u stick a CD in your bloody console and play your game undecided

For sure its easier that way but unless you're an enthusiastic about gaming and you're willing to buy the latest gaming hardware every 2 years to stay ahead in the graphics department.... Consolers have to wait for more than half a decade to see a change in their hardware.

Some PC gamers are already gaming at 4k (3840 x 2160). Consolers will have to wait for the next round of console releases which could occur in year 2020 or so.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by lordraiden(m): 4:26pm On Oct 21, 2014
Proffdada:

try Final.Fantasy.XIII PC 55.31 GB grin grin
one game 55.31gb,abeg d ppl inside d game d grow?

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ThaInquisition: 4:45pm On Oct 21, 2014
I'm currently playing "The Last of Us Remastered" on PS4.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by DrEngrSk: 6:38pm On Oct 21, 2014
Uncharted 3 game of the year 2011
The. Last of us (finished it) game of the year 2013
Call of duty ghosts (expecting the adavnced welfare )
Gta 5 (finished it) best open world game
Call of duty black. ops (is better than black ops 2 the story line )
Call of duty black ops 2 (expecting black ops 3)
Batman arkman orgins (finished it )
God of war 3 (expecting gow 5 )
That's all folks still expecting some great games when am done with this ones
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ThaInquisition: 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2014
GTA V is a good open world game but I think Skyrim is Rank#1 in the open world aspect.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by magnusbane: 10:33pm On Oct 21, 2014
ActivateKruger:

For sure its easier that way but unless you're an enthusiastic about gaming and you're willing to buy the latest gaming hardware every 2 years to stay ahead in the graphics department.... Consolers have to wait for more than half a decade to see a change in their hardware.

Some PC gamers are already gaming at 4k (3840 x 2160). Consolers will have to wait for the next round of console releases which could occur in year 2020 or so.

I think 1080p will serve us just fine for a while,how many ppl have 4k TV's ryt nw? as long as the good games keep coming out on all platforms ill be gud with the console,no need to go thru all that stress just for slightly better graphics,then there's d minor issue of having to sit upright in front of ur PC screen just to game,when I can move across the room,lie on the couch and shoot myself to sleep

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by rezy15(m): 11:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
CGN is seeking to swell its
ranks with passionate
gamers who have what it
takes to be the best while
creating relationships via
gaming. Whether its pulling a headshot with a pistol or
taking an impossible kick
with a ball CGNs members
will push you to the limit.
Signup on our whatsapp
gaming group on 08032842923 and begin
your journey towards
gaming greatness! Also like
us on facebook on www.facebook.com/
cyberbunkgamingnetwork
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Proffdada: 5:06am On Oct 22, 2014
cao:

I've no issue with i3, it's with Intel's graphics cards. My laptop has both Intel & AMD graphics cards with a i3, whenever I need to play gives I change to the better one, since the Intel one will not be able to show the graphics, playing a game of grey squares is not fun.
yeah even mine has nvidia vram that runs in tandem with my Intel 4000 but I once had a system solely intel 4500HD gma which still played prototype, pes 13,prince of Persia and some other less demanding games
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by DrEngrSk: 7:44am On Oct 22, 2014
ThaInquisition:
GTA V is a good open world game but I think Skyrim is Rank#1 in the open world aspect.
I have not played skyrim but the endless posibilty of gta v. Makes it the best open world game to me what you can do is endless from cars to planes to house and guns with street fight and so much more skyrim from reviews is just all about fighting dragons and stuff like that to me that's boring compare to gta v
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 10:11am On Oct 22, 2014
DrEngrSk:
I have not played skyrim but the endless posibilty of gta v. Makes it the best open world game to me what you can do is endless from cars to planes to house and guns with street fight and so much more skyrim from reviews is just all about fighting dragons and stuff like that to me that's boring compare to gta v

Obviously you are not entranced by dragons and stuff, those who are have created more content than any other open world game.

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by DrEngrSk: 11:46am On Oct 22, 2014
LordReed:

Obviously you are not entranced by dragons and stuff, those who are have created more content than any other open world game.
content like plesea kindly explain to me what is better than doing what you do in real life in a video game
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ThaInquisition: 11:58am On Oct 22, 2014
DrEngrSk:
content like plesea kindly explain to me what is better than doing what you do in real life in a video game

Just check out these reviews for skyrim http://www.gamespot.com/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/reviews/
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ThaInquisition: 12:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
Please Follow @tha_inquisition for all your MMO and gaming news, we also sell the latest games for PS4,PS3,and XboxOne at affordable prices #TeamInquisition
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 12:07pm On Oct 22, 2014
DrEngrSk:

I personally prefer futuristic big guns to swords but I know what the appeal of Skyrim is. It is the same appeal Game of Thrones has, it is a story/setting that engages your imagination in a fantasy world that is engaging and rich with diverse characters, things to do, secrets to unlock, loot and swag to acquire. Levelling up in Skurim also adds depth to your character making you customise your gameplay according to your taste. Do you want a magic wielding thief? a smooth talking swordsman? a market savvy heavy bruiser? Any variation of character you want you can find in Skyrim so it is not just about running around doing things, it is doing things the way you want.

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ThaInquisition: 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2014
LordReed:

I personally prefer futuristic big guns to swords but I know what the appeal of Skyrim is. It is the same appeal Game of Thrones has, it is a story/setting that engages your imagination in a fantasy world that is engaging and rich with diverse characters, things to do, secrets to unlock, loot and swag to acquire. Levelling up in Skurim also adds depth to your character making you customise your gameplay according to your taste. Do you want a magic wielding thief? a smooth talking swordsman? a market savvy heavy bruiser? Any variation of character you want you can find in Skyrim so it is not just about running around doing things, it is doing things the way you want.
That was a really good summary, if you like futuristic shooters you should check out "The Repopulation" its an MMO in development but you could get into the alpha, also you could try play "Destiny" if you haven't picked that up yet.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ThaInquisition: 12:17pm On Oct 22, 2014
I'm personally going to buy Destiny when I get a couple of my friends to also get it, since its one of those games you really enjoy online with friends, even though you can play it solo its better co-op.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by JMystique(m): 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2014
ThaInquisition:
I'm personally going to buy Destiny when I get a couple of my friends to also get it, since its one of those games you really enjoy online with friends, even though you can play it solo its better co-op.

I'm hoping Destiny and all 'always online' games don't do well to discourage other developers before it becomes rampant...do they know that peeps over here barely have enough data for their fones?Why can't they just have an offline single player mode?I guess I'm just jealous
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Fiyin007: 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2014
Ps3 Destiny players add me up @fiyin07
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Proffdada: 8:06pm On Oct 22, 2014
LordReed:

try play middle earth :shadow of mordor, ur view of sword fighting and magic will change
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Proffdada: 8:06pm On Oct 22, 2014
LordReed:

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ThaInquisition: 11:37pm On Oct 22, 2014
I'm getting Shadow of Mordor soon for PS4 hopefully I can upload some pics for you guys, but the best Fantasy game for 2014 will likely be DragonAge Inquisition(in my opinion)
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ThaInquisition: 11:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
JMystique:

I'm hoping Destiny and all 'always online' games don't do well to discourage other developers before it becomes rampant...do they know that peeps over here barely have enough data for their fones?Why can't they just have an offline single player mode?I guess I'm just jealous
Well getting online isn't that hard, easiest way for me is using my android phone as a Wifi-Hotspot and Paying N1,500(20h plan on MTN) or N250(2h plan on MtN "for short sessions"wink
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 2:15am On Oct 23, 2014
Proffdada:
try play middle earth :shadow of mordor, ur view of sword fighting and magic will change

Nothing beats a head exploding by a well placed sniper rifle shot wink

Besides I read that the combat is similar to Batman Arkham series which while very entertaining does not beat good ol' guns in something like COD.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ActivateKruger: 5:51am On Oct 23, 2014
magnusbane:

I think 1080p will serve us just fine for a while,how many ppl have 4k TV's ryt nw? as long as the good games keep coming out on all platforms ill be gud with the console,no need to go thru all that stress just for slightly better graphics,then there's d minor issue of having to sit upright in front of ur PC screen just to game,when I can move across the room,lie on the couch and shoot myself to sleep

Nah... you can have your PC connected to a normal FullHD TV and an Xbox controller, you can enjoy your movement across your room while enjoying PC exclusive graphics.

As for 4k, it's already a gaming reality for us PC gamers and trust me once you see it in real life 1080p looks dead with its on-your-face pixels. I'm simply waiting for the day where they will release a 34" plus monitor or TV that can refresh at 60Hz, I will just buy it.. its unrivaled gaming experience.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ThaInquisition: 8:09am On Oct 23, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Nah... you can have your PC connected to a normal FullHD TV and an Xbox controller, you can enjoy your movement across your room while enjoying PC exclusive graphics.

As for 4k, it's already a gaming reality for us PC gamers and trust me once you see it in real life 1080p looks dead with its on-your-face pixels. I'm simply waiting for the day where they will release a 34" plus monitor or TV that can refresh at 60Hz, I will just buy it.. its unrivaled gaming experience.
I prefer pc gaming, but since I'm limited on cash I'll stick to my PS4 for awhile,I read an article and I'm gonna need to save a load to get a good rig (HALE
The 4K resolution revolution has
begun. And, even though it’s still in its
infancy and the price tag that comes
with 4K gaming is insane, there are still
those pioneers out there who want to
be the first on board the next best
thing.
Yes, you will need a crazy setup to run
today’s top games on a 4K monitor….
For about $2,500 you can expect to
get your toes wet in 4K gaming…
barely. If you’re looking to play the
more demanding games on a high-res
4K monitor, you’ll need at least three of
the top video cards on the market.
And, those video cards alone can run
you over $2,000.
Not to mention, 4K monitors
themselves aren’t exactly cheap.) elitegamingcomputers.com/high-end-4k-gaming-computers/
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 8:25am On Oct 23, 2014
ThaInquisition:

That was a really good summary, if you like futuristic shooters you should check out "The Repopulation" its an MMO in development but you could get into the alpha, also you could try play "Destiny" if you haven't picked that up yet.

Thanks. I am limited to offline play for now, I haven't had a decent online play experience in Nigeria yet so I am not eager for it. Maybe when next I travel I will give online play a shot.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ThaInquisition: 8:30am On Oct 23, 2014
LordReed:

Thanks. I am limited to offline play for now, I haven't had a decent online play experience in Nigeria yet so I am not eager for it. Maybe when next I travel I will give online play a shot.
Ah ok, what games have you played online?
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 8:44am On Oct 23, 2014
ThaInquisition:

Ah ok, what games have you played online?

Back in the day I tried playing Unreal Tournament online and they kept fragging my arse because the lag on the connection was so much they'd have fragged me two secs before I saw it on screen. I have tried Eve Online, Guild Wars and World of Warcraft but none gave me any good experience. The only time I enjoyed online play was when I was in the States.

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ThaInquisition: 8:51am On Oct 23, 2014
LordReed:

Back in the day I tried playing Unreal Tournament online and they kept fragging my arse because the lag on the connection was so much they'd have fragged me two secs before I saw it on screen. I have tried Eve Online, Guild Wars and World of Warcraft but none gave me any good experience. The only time I enjoyed online play was when I was in the States.
Ah, I always hear about lag problems but I've never experienced them myself I've recently been playing a action heavy MMO called Dragon Prophet and I don't usually lag so bad it causes me to lose,though I do lag its just minor it doesn't really effect my gameplay...maybe its just my area or network.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 8:53am On Oct 23, 2014
ThaInquisition:

Ah, I always hear about lag problems but I've never experienced them myself I've recently been playing a action heavy MMO called Dragon Prophet and I don't usually lag so bad it causes me to lose,though I do lag its just minor it doesn't really effect my gameplay...maybe its just my area or network.

What connection do you use?
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ThaInquisition: 9:03am On Oct 23, 2014
LordReed:

What connection do you use?
Before I used MTN which was really good, but I've moved to Spectranet 4G.

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (497) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.