Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,999 members, 7,810,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Former Ballon D'or Winner Joins Ukraine's Military (pics) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Former Ballon D'or Winner Joins Ukraine's Military (pics) (2297 Views)

Lens 1-1 PSG: Wijnaldum saves Parisians, Ballon d'Or winner Messi fails to score / The equation of the 2018 Ballon d'Or Winner (Salah/Ronaldo/Messi) / Former ‘ballon D’or Winner’ George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Ballon D'or Winner Joins Ukraine's Military (pics) by farouk2much(m): 4:53am On Apr 11, 2022
Former striker Igor Belanov, who won the 1986 Ballon d'Or, has joined Ukraine's military forces in his bid to help his country following Russia's invasion.
Belanov won eight titles at Dynamo Kiev, having also played for Borussia Moenchengladbach and Eintracht Braunschweig in the 1980s and 1990s.

Currently aged 61, one of three Ukrainian players to win the Ballon d'Or, along with Oleh Blokhin (1975) and Andriy Shevchenko (2004), Belanov has joined the army to protect Ukraine.

The former striker met with the president of the Ukrainian Football Association, Andriy Pavelko, after the latter visited his hometown of Odessa last Wednesday. The two men talked with various military groups and handed out aid and gifts.

Proud of his decision
Belanov posted a series of images of himself holding a gun and posing with other soldiers, taking to Facebook to praise Ukraine's armed forces.

"'Amazing courage and inexhaustible fighting spirit," he wrote.

"All this and much more characterises our soldiers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. We are with you."

Re: Former Ballon D'or Winner Joins Ukraine's Military (pics) by libertyfather(m): 4:57am On Apr 11, 2022
If this kain thing nah naija, everybody "JAPA" Buhari number 1

1 Like

Re: Former Ballon D'or Winner Joins Ukraine's Military (pics) by imran90(m): 5:27am On Apr 11, 2022
libertyfather:
If this kain thing nah naija, everybody "JAPA" Buhari number 1
Even our Presido for don dey UK by now, not to talk of me. How I go join military with an empty stomach.

3 Likes

Re: Former Ballon D'or Winner Joins Ukraine's Military (pics) by Mooh247: 5:53am On Apr 11, 2022
cool

Ukraine should make sure every Nigerians especially men that left them and ran to Poland or back to Nigeria like sissies never get Visa to return after the war

With all this civilians and human shields... Putin would have a difficult time winning the battle, this has now turned to Geurilla warfare.. with ambush, surprise civilian attacks.. if Putin attacks the civilians they would cry of war crime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former Ballon D'or Winner Joins Ukraine's Military (pics) by VladimirPutiin(m): 6:19am On Apr 11, 2022
grin grin grin grin
Re: Former Ballon D'or Winner Joins Ukraine's Military (pics) by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 11, 2022
Can a nigeria man do this undecided
Re: Former Ballon D'or Winner Joins Ukraine's Military (pics) by Johnny147147: 7:10am On Apr 11, 2022
That's Solidarity
Re: Former Ballon D'or Winner Joins Ukraine's Military (pics) by adedayo3193(m): 9:22am On Apr 11, 2022
imran90:
Even our Presido for don dey UK by now, not to talk of me. How I go join military with an empty stomach.

even make dem gimme food, i no dey fight any yeye fight

1 Like

Re: Former Ballon D'or Winner Joins Ukraine's Military (pics) by kingthreat(m): 10:41am On Apr 11, 2022
I pray the war stops. This Baba should be resting not fighting.

(1) (Reply)

Finalissima; Italy Vs Argentina (0 - 3) On 1st June 2022 / Funny Pix On Brazil 2014 / Uk Pool Week 24 Live Draws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.