Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Sharia Law Should Be Abolished In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sharia Law Should Be Abolished In Nigeria (283 Views)

State Of Origin Requirement Should Be Abolished - Okey Bakassi / Sharia Law Should Be Taught In Nigerian Schools With Arabic Language — Cjn Tanko / If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharia Law Should Be Abolished In Nigeria by OMENKAismad: 6:08am On Apr 11, 2022
How can a country have tow deferent Curt and law

How can a Nigeria Curt gave odder to realise somebody and Sharia Curt say no

Nigeria should understand that this people are trying to make Sharia law more powerful than Nigeria law

How can Nigeria Constitution allow this to stand
That nonsense (Sharia)law should be stop
Re: Sharia Law Should Be Abolished In Nigeria by MadamVanessa(f): 6:12am On Apr 11, 2022
shocked

Lol

The zoo is a big joke.

Reason I support the breaking of this uselesssss idiotic contraption immediately.

Two laws cannot operate in a sane country. what type of country is that if it's not zoo. They should break us away from this shithole so that the northerners can practice their sharia shit endlessly.

1 Like

Re: Sharia Law Should Be Abolished In Nigeria by Wazobia2216: 6:24am On Apr 11, 2022
Omenkaismad, your head dey there!

Either that or we also have a christian court, where Christians can be tried by their kind!

These are matters the youths are suppose to be discussing!

Particularly the South

But you discover that while the fulanis attack, the southerners are always on the defense!

May God give us sense in this country

1 Like

Re: Sharia Law Should Be Abolished In Nigeria by Jostoman: 6:25am On Apr 11, 2022
That's Nigeria for you my brother, Nigeria is a country where Sharia law is greater and supercede Nigeria constitution.

Nigeria is a place where government obey court order that favour them and then disobey the one that didn't favour them.

If court order accuser to forfeit a property or money to government their EFCC will Rush to take over the property.

But if court order these present government to pay accuser 25billion to the accuser as damages they will not obey and later they will be deceiving themselves that they are practicing democracy.

1 Like

Re: Sharia Law Should Be Abolished In Nigeria by Dorwadora(f): 7:53am On Apr 11, 2022
Sharia used to be in the category of customary law in Nigeria. This status then changed given the judicial ruling in a case in 1998. The Nigeria constitution is secular and so naturally the Sharia law is against the Article 10 of the Nigeria constitution that is against State Religion...... I believe the Sharia law is illegal and the opposite of our fundamental rights to Conscience, Expression and Religion.

I'm open to correction tho....
Re: Sharia Law Should Be Abolished In Nigeria by OMENKAismad: 7:55am On Apr 11, 2022
Dorwadora:
Sharia used to be in the category of customary law in Nigeria. This status then changed given the judicial ruling in a case in 1998. The Nigeria constitution is secular and so naturally the Sharia law is against the Article 10 of the Nigeria constitution that is against State Religion...... I believe the Sharia law is illegal and the opposite of our fundamental rights to Conscience, Expression and Religion.

I'm open to correction tho....
how can I sponsor a Bill to national Assembly to scrapped it from Nigeria system.
Re: Sharia Law Should Be Abolished In Nigeria by Dorwadora(f): 8:06am On Apr 11, 2022
OMENKAismad:
how can I sponsor a Bill to national Assembly to scrapped it from Nigeria system.
My knowledge is thin on that aspect but a large protest can make the religion committees of both the upper and lower Chambers act
Re: Sharia Law Should Be Abolished In Nigeria by Moxil(m): 8:13am On Apr 11, 2022
Please am in.... anything we can do to stop this stupid Sharia law, is so annoying that the so called people in the north that are claiming that they are educated still allow two separate laws in a country, there is no single unity in this country, tribalism and religion is killing us in Nigeria, I don't even know why these guys are even ruling us in this country.... nonsense people everywhere

(1) (Reply)

Former Zamfara Governor Abdulaziz Yari Decamps To PDP / Eid Al Fitri: Buhari Approves Sallah Homage / POLITICS2023 Presidency: Reject VP Slot – Ohanaeze Charges Peter Obi, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.