Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Gunmen Destroy Imo Commissioner's House (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Destroy Imo Commissioner's House (Photos) (716 Views)

Uzodinma Using Asari Dokubo's Boys To Kill, Destroy Imo State - OAP, Nonso Nkwa / Sit at home unknown gunmen destroy cars at Nkwo Inyi market - VIDEO / Gunmen Destroy Cars & Other Properties Of Sit-At-Home Violators In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Gunmen Destroy Imo Commissioner's House (Photos) by naptu2: 6:30am On Apr 11, 2022
Gunmen Raze Imo Commissioner’s House, Destroy Father’s Residence

In March, the residence of George Obiozor, president-general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo worldwide, was set ablaze by gunmen....

By Daily Trust
Sun, 10 Apr 2022 20:54:12 GMT

Gunmen have set the residence of the Commissioner for Justice and the Attorney General of Imo State, Cyprian Akaolisa, on fire.

The assailants also destroyed his father’s house in Obibi, Awo-Idemili, Orsu Local Government Area of the state.

In a statement, the Commissioner decried the attacks, wondering what the grievance against him and his father were all about.

“The Igbos are hardworking people who through their years of toils put up structures and leave developmental strides in their communities of Origin maka “akụ ruo ụlọ, a mara onye nwe ya.”

“Through my many years of struggle, I have managed to put a block on another to build a befitting house for my family. My aged father also has a house he built through his sweats. Today, both buildings are in rubbles and ashes – our fellow Igbos burnt them.

“Firstly, last year, these arsonists burnt my country home in Obibi, Awo-Idemili, Orsu LGA of Imo State for no just cause. This year again, they returned and this time, they perfected the complete burning of even the blocks/bricks.

“And last night, to my utter consternation, they levelled my father’s house. This is a house my father built by himself – the life-toil of an aged man.

“In other words, I wish to put on record that my family house is completely destroyed. This was after they used a truck to cart all the properties: fridges TVs, bed/foams, generator sets and other household materials.

“What are my crimes, who did I offend? And what were my father’s offences? And I dare ask, where is the Igbo spirit? This is a direct affront to the akụ ruo ụlọ spirit. Who will invest in Ala Igbo nay Orsu LGA today under this type of atmosphere?

“The above are acts of arson ongoing in my LGA of Orsu. The complete burning of our LGA Secretariat, the house of my colleague – Chief Prince Ford Ozumba, the Hon Commissioner, Imo State Ministry of Labour, Employment and Productivity, the house of Hon. Ekene Nnodumele, the member representing Orsu State Constituency in the Imo State House of Assembly. There are also houses of other political leaders which have been razed in my area so far.

“Other ungodly acts are the sacking and carting away of all the Police presence & armouries in Orsu LGA, the kidnapping and killing of well-to-do individuals and security operatives. This attendant scare has become a daily phenomenon in my Local Government Area.

“Today, these gunmen (Codenamed Ụmụ Ọma, under the guise of freedom fighters) have continued to demand huge sums of money from mourning families who wish to bury their loved ones and the likes. It is now strictly business! These gunmen have almost made a god of themselves, killing and carniballising at will, in my area but believe me, they will not succeed with our voices up and collaborative efforts.

“Where is the Igbo spirit, ụmụnne m? It is unfortunate that the majority of those who foment these troubles are not indigenous to Orsu but have garnered collaborators and enablers among the locals either through fear, persuasion, financial inducements and made to swear to devilish oaths of secrecy.

“It is time to synergize and put an end to the siege in Orsu LGA and liberate our people who are worse hit by the economic downturn occasioned by the ravaging insecurity. For the enablers and cheerers, It is time for the needed retrospect, soul-searching to interrogate the process so far by weighing the gains and loses.”

The police spokesperson for the command, Micheal Abattam, is yet to comment on the incident.

https://dailytrust.com/gunmen-raze-imo-commissioners-house-destroy-fathers-residence

1 Share

Re: Gunmen Destroy Imo Commissioner's House (Photos) by naptu2: 6:30am On Apr 11, 2022
Gunmen raze home of Imo attorney-general — second attack in 9 months

AUTHOR: TheCable
APRIL 11, 2022 12:43 AM

The home of Cyprian Akaolisa, attorney-general of Imo, has been razed by gunmen.

The incident is the second attack on Akaolisa’s building in less than a year.

In June 2021, the building was razed but no casualties were recorded.

The Imo attorney-general had been sacked over alleged misconduct in 2021, but was recalled after three months, with the state saying the dismissal was done in “error”.

Confirming the latest incident on Sunday, Akaolisa said his father’s house was also set ablaze in the attacks which occurred over the weekend.

“Through my many years of struggle, I have managed to put a block on another to build a befitting house for my family. My aged father also has a house he built through his sweat. Today, both buildings are in rubble and ashes,” he said.

“Firstly, last year, these arsonists burnt my country home in Obibi, Awo-Idemili, Orsu LGA of Imo state for no just cause. This year again, they returned and this time, they perfected the complete burning of even the blocks/bricks.

“And last night, to my utter consternation, they levelled my father’s house. This is a house my father built by himself — the life-toil of an aged man.

“I wish to put on record that my family house is completely destroyed. This was after they used a truck to cart away all the properties: fridges, TVs, mattresses, generator sets and other household materials.”

While condemning the attacks and other acts of violence across the state, he urged stakeholders in Imo to unite against such negative developments in the interest of moving the state forward.

https://www.thecable.ng/gunmen-raze-home-of-imo-attorney-general-second-attack-in-9-months/amp

1 Share

Re: Gunmen Destroy Imo Commissioner's House (Photos) by naptu2: 6:30am On Apr 11, 2022
BREAKING: Gunmen Burn Homes Of Imo Justice Commissioner And His Aged Father

In June 2021, Akaolisa’s country home was also attacked and burnt by some unknown gunmen.

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKAPR 10, 2022

Some gunmen have razed the country home of the Imo State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Cyprian Akaolisa.

The assailants also burnt the residence of the father of the state justice commissioner located in the Orsu Local Government Area of the state.

In June 2021, Akaolisa’s country home was also attacked and burnt by some unknown gunmen.

The residence of the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Declan Emelumba, was also attacked last year.

In a statement on Sunday, Akaolisa confirmed the attacks, saying, “The Igbos are hard-working people who through their years of toils put up structures and leave developmental strides in their communities of Origin maka ‘akụ ruo ụlọ, a mara onye nwe ya’.

“Through my many years of struggle, I have managed to put a block on another to build a befitting house for my family. My aged father also has a house he built through his sweats.

“Today, both buildings are in rubbles and ashes – our fellow Igbos burnt them. Firstly, last year, these arsonists burnt my country home in Obibi, Awo-Idemili, Orsu LGA of Imo State for no just cause.

“This year again, they returned and this time, they perfected the complete burning of even the blocks/bricks.

“And last night, to my utter consternation, they levelled my father’s house. This is a house my father built by himself – the life-toil of an aged man.

“In other words, I wish to put on record that my family house is completely destroyed. This was after they used a truck to cart all the properties: fridges TVs, bed/foams, generator sets and other household materials.

“What are my crimes, who did I offend? And what were my father’s offences? And I dare ask, where is the Igbo spirit? This is a direct affront to the akụ ruo ụlọ spirit. Who will invest in Ala Igbo nay Orsu LGA today under this type of atmosphere?

“The above are acts of arson ongoing in my LGA of Orsu. The complete burning of our LGA Secretariat, the house of my colleague – Chief Prince Ford Ozumba, the Hon Commissioner, Imo State Ministry of Labour, Employment and Productivity, the house of Hon. Ekene Nnodumele, the member representing Orsu State Constituency in the Imo State House of Assembly. There are also houses of other political leaders which have been razed in my area so far.

“Other ungodly acts are the sacking and carting away of all the Police presence & armouries in Orsu LGA, the kidnapping and killing of well-to-do individuals and security operatives. This attendant scare has become a daily phenomenon in my Local Government Area.

“Today, these gunmen (Codenamed Ụmụ Ọma, under the guise of freedom fighters) have continued to demand huge sums of money from mourning families who wish to bury their loved ones and the likes. It is now strictly business! These gunmen have almost made a god of themselves, killing and cannibalising at will, in my area but believe me, they will not succeed with our voices up and collaborative efforts.

“Where is the Igbo spirit, ụmụnne m? It is unfortunate that the majority of those who foment these troubles are not indigenous to Orsu but have garnered collaborators and enablers among the locals either through fear, persuasion, financial inducements and made to swear to devilish oaths of secrecy.

“It is time to synergize and put an end to the siege in Orsu LGA and liberate our people who are worse hit by the economic downturn occasioned by the ravaging insecurity. For the enablers and cheerers, It is time for the needed retrospect, soul-searching to interrogate the process so far by weighing the gains and losses.”

http://saharareporters.com/2022/04/10/breaking-gunmen-burn-homes-imo-justice-commissioner-and-his-aged-father
Re: Gunmen Destroy Imo Commissioner's House (Photos) by Wepth(f): 6:38am On Apr 11, 2022
This is just pure wickedness
Re: Gunmen Destroy Imo Commissioner's House (Photos) by QuotaSystem: 6:43am On Apr 11, 2022
“Today, these gunmen (Codenamed Ụmụ Ọma, under the guise of freedom fighters) have continued to demand huge sums of money from mourning families who wish to bury their loved ones and the likes. It is now strictly business! These gunmen have almost made a god of themselves, killing and carniballising at will, in my area but believe me, they will not succeed with our voices up and collaborative efforts”

Planting seeds of hatred will yield a forest of hatred and destruction.

They parroted the “unknown” propaganda but are now identifiers-in-chief. The prison break was hailed but the heroes are suddenly unwanted visitors.

They remained silent while Nnamdi Kanu was creating these monsters. Now they have to deal with the monsters they made.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Destroy Imo Commissioner's House (Photos) by Joezinho: 6:43am On Apr 11, 2022
If they can brazenly kill their own and burn down their buildings, then if these guys get Biafra today,they will start civil war tomorrow.. This is the reality..

Why do some Igbos support ESN and IPOB. They're a contradiction! Can't you see? You can't claim to love your people and be killing them, destroying their properties. It's insane! In this harsh economy!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Destroy Imo Commissioner's House (Photos) by Throwback: 6:47am On Apr 11, 2022
“Today, both buildings are in rubbles and ashes – our fellow Igbos burnt them. Firstly, last year, these arsonists burnt my country home in Obibi, Awo-Idemili, Orsu LGA of Imo State for no just cause.

Maybe he meant DSS employees who are Igbo?

“Today, these gunmen (Codenamed Ụmụ Ọma, under the guise of freedom fighters) have continued to demand huge sums of money from mourning families who wish to bury their loved ones and the likes. It is now strictly business! These gunmen have almost made a god of themselves, killing and cannibalising at will, in my area but believe me, they will not succeed with our voices up and collaborative efforts.

A certain narcissistic mad man once promised to make Nigeria worse than Somalia. He also reminded his zombified disciples to burn down the zoo if they hear that he has been re-arrested due to his ongoing trial.

Now just a few years later, his region is competing with Somalia as a failed society without order and ridden with all manner of crime, while same region has become the zoo that is being burnt by those he put under oath.

All who were parroting his propaganda and threats are now begging Nigeria and Buhari to rescue them from a self-inflicted terrorism. They have suddenly forgotten that Buhari is dead and the President is Jubril al Sudani. They have forgotten that the Queen of England wrote a condolence letter.

Immortal clowns!

The ones who we wrongly thought possessed sound education to counter the hatred and misinformation, stayed quiet and even joined to chorus the insanities that were peddled by IPOB. If they were not busy analysing pictures, they would be demanding for Buhari to remove his cap, or asking the whereabout of Osinbajo.

Now that they are tired of their own propaganda and conspiracy theories which included blaming the DSS, they have now wisened up after personal and tragic interactions with the terrorists who look and speak like them.

They have now become the "Unity Beggers", knowing that they are disposable victims to satisfy a mad man's desire to command loyalty and criminally usurp power that he is not willing to pursue democratically.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Destroy Imo Commissioner's House (Photos) by Frigga13: 6:49am On Apr 11, 2022
Madamvenessa
Emergingnation
And the rest of those abakiliki online worriors

The ekpa fools

This is what you people wish for igboland .. under the pretext of Biafra
No so Una papa and grandpa take fight the one ? And there’s still igboland ? For Una to brag Biafra

So even if Hope Uzodimma brought soldiers to kill the whole igbos.. Na reason why igbos go start to kill their fellow igbos and cannibalizes their body

This thieves .. will steal the properties and burn the house ..
So ekpa boys are criminals and this idiots want sit at home grin
The imo people want make them wake up.. if dem no wan wake .. Na dia business

In anambra today.. we reject IPOB esn ugm .. whatever purpose or name they chose to call themselves
IPOB are already going the way of MASSOB.. all this atrocities and killing under their name

Biafra is a spirit .. e no Dey die ..
the Spirit of Biafra will chose another prophet .. that will continue..the igbo message .. of Ugo belle.. ... Biafra is not oppression but fight for freedom..
Is a spirit alive in every igbo man...

Biafra is never IPOB or any organization

BIAFRA IS IGBOLAND .

All this people burning igboland .. using Biafra as excuse... using military as excuse , using Fulani as excuse ... excuse to partition igboland, and carve out places to lord ..

Like this .. other igbo states fit condone and accept Una ..but Anambra like this no Dey do again.. and Na matter of time .. e go clear

8:am..

We will mount Road .. driving through head bridge to ihiala and touching Ekwulobia and ezinifite ..

We Ekpa is a nairalander .. and his boys are online

Please we beg you people to come and stop us

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Destroy Imo Commissioner's House (Photos) by donpapa(m): 6:49am On Apr 11, 2022
undecided
Re: Gunmen Destroy Imo Commissioner's House (Photos) by Immatex(m): 6:58am On Apr 11, 2022
Biafra go worst pass Nigeria!
Re: Gunmen Destroy Imo Commissioner's House (Photos) by BigRocky: 7:00am On Apr 11, 2022
Igbo politicians are gradually also feeling the heat.

E must reach everybody

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Destroy Imo Commissioner's House (Photos) by Frigga13: 7:04am On Apr 11, 2022
Immatex:

Biafra go worst pass Nigeria!

No be this Biafra

This is not Biafra

This is brigands that are hiding under the name Biafra

When uwazurike and his rogues .. started like this .. it was their end

The end of IPOB is very close

Biafra is a spirit

Not an organization..

Biafra is Igbo. Igbo don’t kill them selves and burn their homes

Igboman knows what it is to make money.. Na the fools and lazy animals that live in bushes control and lord over their environment.. oppressing them careless .. all in the name of Biafra and Kanu

Kanu don’t even know this people ..

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Destroy Imo Commissioner's House (Photos) by Macphenson: 7:20am On Apr 11, 2022
Throwback:

Maybe he meant DSS employees who are Igbo?

A certain narcissistic mad man once promised to make Nigeria worse than Somalia. He also reminded his zombified disciples to burn down the zoo if they hear that he has been re-arrested due to his ongoing trial.

Now just a few years later, his region is competing with Somalia as a failed society without order and ridden with all manner of crime, while same region has become the zoo that is being burnt by those he put under oath.

All who were parroting his propaganda and threats are now begging Nigeria and Buhari to rescue them from a self-inflicted terrorism. They have suddenly forgotten that Buhari is dead and the President is Jubril al Sudani. They have forgotten that the Queen of England wrote a condolence letter.

Immortal clowns!

The ones who we wrongly thought possessed sound education to counter the hatred and misinformation, stayed quiet and even joined to chorus the insanities that were peddled by IPOB. If they were not busy analysing pictures, they would be demanding for Buhari to remove his cap, or asking the whereabout of Osinbajo.

Now that they are tired of their own propaganda and conspiracy theories which included blaming the DSS, they have now wisened up after personal and tragic interactions with the terrorists who look and speak like them.

They have now become the "Unity Beggers", knowing that they are disposable victims to satisfy a mad man's desire to command loyalty and criminally usurp power that he is not willing to pursue democratically.

U mean as a certain terrorist promised that dogs and baboon will soak in blood, today dogs and baboon are soaking in blood, or as he promised that he will make Nigeria ungovernable, today Nigeria has become absolutely ungovernable.

Hypocritical urchins
Re: Gunmen Destroy Imo Commissioner's House (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 8:12am On Apr 11, 2022

(1)

Naija Made: Let Us Know Where The Things You Have At Home Is Produced In Nigeria / Ebonyi: PDP, Senator, Police Masterminding Shootings In Name Of IPOB – Umahi / Breaking: 11 Northern APC Governors Declares Support For Southern Presidency.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.