Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,977 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Declaration To Succeed Me Will Distract My Deputy But No Plan To Impeach Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Declaration To Succeed Me Will Distract My Deputy But No Plan To Impeach Him (389 Views)

Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me / 2023: Don't Distract My Attention, Vote Any Candidate Of Your Choice - Adeboye / Ikpeazu: My Deputy Did Not Inform Me Of His Intention To Succeed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Declaration To Succeed Me Will Distract My Deputy But No Plan To Impeach Him by Metrix147: 6:02pm On Apr 11, 2022
The governor while noting that nothing could be farther from the truth added that there is no substance in such rumor as he has no such plans and has never discussed any such issue with anyone.

The governor in a release signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Onyebuchi Ememanka says his credential as an Apostle of Peace and Stability are beyond disputation.

He insists that he holds the distinction of being the only Governor in the history of Abia State who has spent almost 7 years in office with the same Deputy Governor, stating that he intends to keep that credential intact.

He however expressed displeasure that his deputy went ahead to declare his intention to become the next governor of the state instead of focusing on his assignment as Deputy governor.

He added, "While the natural expectation of Governor Ikpeazu at this time was that his Deputy would have stood by him in steadying the ship of state as we head towards a political transition period, instead of being distracted by his personal political ambitions, the Governor however, as a true democrat, believes that such ambition is not enough to warrant any plans to impeach the Deputy Governor. This is why the Deputy Governor continues to be actively involved in the business of governance. He remains the Chairman of the State Committee on Internally Generated Revenue, in addition to managing several other areas of government business.

"Governor Ikpeazu's disposition towards his Deputy has reflected in the great relationship he shares with the people of Nkporo in Ohafia Local Government Area, the home of the Deputy Governor.

"This relationship has manifested in the construction of the all-important but long-abandoned Abiriba - Nkporo Road, the brand new Cottage Hospital at Nkporo, and some other projects that have transformed the infrastructural landscape of the Community as well as the welfare of the people.

"The issues that occupy the mind of Governor Okezie Ikpeazu at this time are to continue to deliver dividends of democracy to the people of Abia State, tie up ongoing projects and guide our people to a smooth transition by next year."

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/143817-declaration-succeed-will-distract-deputy-plan-impeach-ikpeazu/

Cc, lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J, Ishilove, Marpol

Re: Declaration To Succeed Me Will Distract My Deputy But No Plan To Impeach Him by Bluntguy: 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2022
In other words Osinbajo's declaration to run was wrong. He should have just been there with Buhari till the end of his tenure ehn?
The truth of the matter is that Ude Oko Chukwu saw the way Ikpeazu wanted to annoint Uche Ikonne to succeed him and his deputy had to move before it's too late.

The governorship should go to Abia North zone just as the South East zone says it's their turn. Ikpeazu knows this. He who comes to equity must with clean hands.

(1) (Reply)

Can Nigeria Become A Developed Country? / 2023: Why Nigerians Don’t Trust Igbos – Apostle Suleman / No Going Back On Scrap Metal Business - Council Boss Affirms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.