Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Stories, Spoken Word And Poetry - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stories, Spoken Word And Poetry (372 Views)

POETS And Poetry Lovers,check Out This Poem Titled "The Wanting". / Short Story And Poetry Competition (ending Feb 28th 2019) / May 2018 | Nairaland Poetry Contest And Poetry Slam Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stories, Spoken Word And Poetry by 1usualsuspect: 8:32pm On Apr 11, 2022

She was excited at the outcome of the tattoo she had just gotten, it was very beautiful and had apparently cost a fortune as M.O had told her.⁣

Oh, M.O or Morning Star as he was called in his circle of rich and powerful friends was her lover and soon to be, fiancé. She was so excited.⁣

You see, after all the broke men she had dated and endured due to pressure from Mama and the numerous times she had to dumb down on her desires, M.O had become the salvation she so desperately needed.⁣

In just one year, he had flown her to eleven different countries first class, she had stayed in the nicest of hotels and villas, her friends now spoke her name with respect and he had also provided her with so much money that she had bought a duplex in the heart of the city for her parents, she had purchased three cars, one for herself and two for her parents, brand new for that matter.⁣

She remembered the day her Ex had come begging with his people and wanted to know why she had abandoned all their wedding plans, she had gladly told him and his family off and even threw three bundles of one hundred thousand at them while yelling at them to leave, she laughed as members of his family scrambled to pick the notes but she also noticed that he didn't, it was his pride, a pride she knew so well.⁣

It wasn't that he hadn't been nice to her but she had come to realise that poverty was actually a crime.⁣

M.O was very well connected and had no qualms spending and acquiring the finer things of life, so she decided to pitch her tent where her bread was buttered and who would blame her.⁣

M.O had a logo for all his financial organisations, he had several, and he had told her to get a tattoo of the logo done as it would open doors for her and she could have anything she wanted in the world, when she had told Mama about it, because Mama was always against such things when she and her siblings were younger, she was shocked that not only did Mama agree but Mama also asked that one be done for her as well.⁣

She had asked M.O if that was possible and he gleefully agreed.

You see, M.O is a very handsome, tall and very fashionable man, his dentition was perfect, his speech and sense of style was impeccable, she was already learning lots of things from him and whenever he smiled, hearts melted.⁣

The only problem she kept having was Papa. She didn't understand why Papa didn't like M.O, even after all the gifts showered and the wealth he had exposed the family to, Papa remained headstrong so she spoke to Mama who told her to forget about Papa's behaviour, she had said Papa ought to be rich but his rigid nature had kept them within the struggling middle-class.⁣

Mama also loved the tattoo even though she'd complained about the pain.

As they drove through the gate of the house, a brand new Range Rover Evoque was parked in the driveway and a man handed the keys over to her, it was a gift from M.O for getting the tattoos done.⁣

While she and Mama jumped and hugged each other in wild celebration, Papa walked out through the living room door, deep lines of worry etched across his face, dragging his bag filled with his belongings towards the gate.⁣

"My husband, what is the matter and where are you going?", Mama asked.⁣

"My wife, I told you about the times I rejected gifts and opportunities of opulence that were questionable because every time I prayed, a bible verse would sit in my subconscious for days until I would reject such would I be at peace, remember?"⁣

"My husband, are you not tired of poverty and that your, what would it profit a man if he gains the whole world verse?"⁣

"My wife, I am leaving, I wish you and your daughter the best, but as for me, I am gone"⁣

"What are you talking about?", Mama retorted.⁣

"Papa, but why...."⁣

"My daughter, I am no longer your father for you now belong to another despite my repeated warnings and advice, have you seen your M.O's business card?"⁣

He flung the card at her.⁣

Mama picked up the card and began to read ⁣

Prince Ifer. Luc. (Morning Star)⁣
CEO Ha. Des Global Holdings.⁣

Then she retorted harshly, "and what is wrong with his card?"⁣

But Papa was gone.⁣

___________________⁣

Mama is currently very upset and is wondering why her husband decided to tow this path of foolishness.⁣

Do you have any advice for her and her daughter?⁣

(1) (Reply)

How To Control Your Tongue / After Breakup My Fiance Become Beautiful - Feather's Stories / Of Dreams And Colours - Episode 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.