Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

It Was Him. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / It Was Him. (221 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Was Him. by 1usualsuspect: 8:53pm On Apr 11, 2022
Her apprehension lessened a bit when she saw several security men in her coach of the train.

This was her first time since the incident, that incident that had robbed her of her sanity and esteem.

Everything she held dear had come crashing down and her entire existence held no meaning.

She had been held in the hospital and kept under strict observation to stop her from taking her own life and the past two months had been plagued with nightmares and she suffered palpitations every time she heard loud sounds.

After her release from hospital, she got tired of enduring the looks of pity and bearing the pain of healing, so she decided to move to a new city, one that might hold a different path to her already traumatised life.

The safest option was still to commute by train, something she dreaded and it took her six days to make up her mind and brave the odds.

Once seated on the train, her eyes kept darting, following every movement, watching every one with heightened suspicion.

She pulled her veil tighter, covering as much of her face as possible and adjusting her face mask to allow for only her eyes to be visible, suddenly she froze.

"it can't be", she thought to herself.

The sobs welled up from the depths of her soul, her frame shook, she bit her lips tightly, drawing blood, to keep from crying out.

He was the one, how could she ever forget.

She tried to get up and rush to another coach, but her legs failed her, the fear and terror had immobilised her.

A lady beside her leaned in to inquire if she was okay or needed any assistance, obviously she hadn't been the only one taking note of people.

She couldn't respond.

She was overwhelmed, tears dropped in streams and the rest of the trip was a blur.

When they arrived at the destination stop and she had disembarked, the same lady with a few others in tow, walked up to her seeking to offer any assistance whatsoever, when she was sure she was safe, she said, "I saw him right in front of me."

"who?", the voices chorused in unison.

The man who led the gang that kidnapped me and several other when we had gotten off the train in the city we just arrived from.

Two months ago, he stopped our vehicle as we left the station, shot out the tires of the vehicle and also killed all the men, took us to his lair deep in the bushes where we were held for over three weeks.

We were raped, beaten, sodomized and stripped of our dignity. He had his gang members take turns on us daily and released me only after a ransome of fifteen million was paid.

The others were not so lucky and he shot them dead right in front of me.

Today was my first time taking the train again after surviving that horrifying ordeal, only for me to see him, dressed in expensive robes, sitting three seats across from me on the train.

Pt1

(1) (Reply)

Hell Is Beautiful / Power Of Silence In The Moments Of Success | Power | Success | Silence / Looking For A Versatile And Adept Content Writer/free Lancer? She’s Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.