Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,513 members, 7,861,456 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:41 PM

Need Advice On Seeking Loan For Business - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Need Advice On Seeking Loan For Business (214 Views)

Nigerian Banks And It's Offer Of Student Loan For International Student / Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close / Final Advice On Jamb 2019 Expo, Runs And Special CBT Centers Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice On Seeking Loan For Business by amirade00: 10:37pm On Apr 11, 2022
Hello NL, I would like to seek opinion of some of you here. I bought an existing guest house of 30 rooms 6 months ago, but I haven't had enough to renovate it to my taste and start running the business yet, so basically it has been shut down since I bought it. I'm thinking of applying for loan from Microfinace to fund the project so operation can commence in the hotel. I'm seeking from microfinance because I will be using the same hotel as collateral and MF doesn't need a c of o since the hotel doesn't have one yet.

Hotel has 30 rooms, and it's in Egbeda Akowojo , I would like your advice to know if am not gonna be making a mistake. I am hoping after renovation and work start then I can be able to be financing back the loan monthly from funds made from the hotel.
Re: Need Advice On Seeking Loan For Business by garriAndsugar: 11:16pm On Apr 11, 2022
You need feasibility study to ascertain how fast the guest house will boom and how much you might spend as expenses monthly.

Duration of loan too should be checked amd repayment plan
Re: Need Advice On Seeking Loan For Business by nnamdiosu(m): 11:42pm On Apr 11, 2022
amirade00:
Hello NL, I would like to seek opinion of some of you here. I bought an existing guest house of 30 rooms 6 months ago, but I haven't had enough to renovate it to my taste and start running the business yet, so basically it has been shut down since I bought it. I'm thinking of applying for loan from Microfinace to fund the project so operation can commence in the hotel. I'm seeking from microfinance because I will be using the same hotel as collateral and MF doesn't need a c of o since the hotel doesn't have one yet.

Hotel has 30 rooms, and it's in Egbeda Akowojo , I would like your advice to know if am not gonna be making a mistake. I am hoping after renovation and work start then I can be able to be financing back the loan monthly from funds made from the hotel.

1. What's the duration of the loan and principal amount.

2. What's the interest rate.

3. Is there any hotel around the location of your own

4. What's the monetary value of the hotel.

Answer this questions and I'll be able to.advise u on what to do
Re: Need Advice On Seeking Loan For Business by amirade00: 12:00am On Apr 12, 2022
nnamdiosu:

1. What's the duration of the loan and principal amount.

(15M. For 12 months)

2. What's the interest rate.

(40 percent)

3. Is there any hotel around the location of your own

(Yes, but not on the same street)
The street which the hotel is on is a big community which has lots of shops from the beginning of it till the end, more than 50 active shops and houses) The hotel is the only one on that street and it actually used to be very popular because ashawo used to live there)

4. What's the monetary value of the hotel.

(30M)

It has a hall of 100 people capacity
An outsider bar
An indoor bar
Spacious compound that will take about 10 cars

Answer this questions and I'll be able to.advise u on what to do
Re: Need Advice On Seeking Loan For Business by nnamdiosu(m): 12:17am On Apr 12, 2022
Hmmmm I don't advise you go for the loan.

The interest is too high . At 15 million for a year with a 40 percent interest it will be almost impossible to pay back even if the hotel is up and running. Reasons being you still be making concurrent expenses like staff payment, property maintainace, tax , nepa bills etc.
It will be overwhelming.

Solution
I propose you meet friends and family for a long term soft loan. That will enable you to break even in a safe period and be able to service the loan.

You can sell other properties and rush up sections of the hotel small by small
This will give you peace of mind.

Pls don't collect that loan no matter how attractive it is.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On Seeking Loan For Business by garriAndsugar: 11:42am On Apr 12, 2022
40% of 15m is 6m..

This loan looks deadly and you might end up forfeiting the hotel to the bank if you try it
Re: Need Advice On Seeking Loan For Business by mekzyjoe(m): 6:19pm On Apr 13, 2022
nnamdiosu:
Hmmmm I don't advise you go for the loan.

The interest is too high . At 15 million for a year with a 40 percent interest it will be almost impossible to pay back even if the hotel is up and running. Reasons being you still be making concurrent expenses like staff payment, property maintainace, tax , nepa bills etc.
It will be overwhelming.

Solution
I propose you meet friends and family for a long term soft loan. That will enable you to break even in a safe period and be able to service the loan.

You can sell other properties and rush up sections of the hotel small by small
This will give you peace of mind.

Pls don't collect that loan no matter how attractive it is.
Thanks
Nnamdi,what is happening? No more thread on visions, rapture,angels?? What is going on my broda
Re: Need Advice On Seeking Loan For Business by nnamdiosu(m): 12:00am On Apr 14, 2022
mekzyjoe:

Nnamdi,what is happening? No more thread on visions, rapture,angels?? What is going on my broda

My brother. How u dey?
I'm so sorry. Work and family has being overwhelming. Hope to resume soon when inspiration also sets in.

(1) (Reply)

How To Withdraw From Upwork At A Better Rate / Emphatic Stress For Accurate Communication / ASUU Strike: UNILAG Students Summons Courage, Set To Protest Lingering Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.