Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Murder Of Banker Wife: Hubby For Psychiatric Test –police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Murder Of Banker Wife: Hubby For Psychiatric Test –police (1166 Views)

Pastor Hacks Banker Wife To Death In Imo [graphic Photo] / Man Kills His Wealthy Pregnant Banker Wife In Lagos To Inherit Her Property / Wife Kills Hubby For Allegedly Keeping Late Night In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Murder Of Banker Wife: Hubby For Psychiatric Test –police by HighChief4(m): 1:04pm On Jul 06, 2011
Lagos State Police Command will take a man who allegedly killed his banker’s wife, to a psychiatric hospital, in the metropolis. Akolade Arowolo was paraded before pressmen yesterday, at the premises of Police Public Relations Office, Oduduwa Street ,Ikeja, by the command’s spokesman, Mr Samuel Jinadu, a Deputy Superintendent of Police. Jinadu said Arowolo would be taken to a psychiatric hospital for examination, to ascertain his mental state.

Though Arowolo has since denied killing his wife. The suspect claimed that he even struggled to collect the knife from her so that she would not kill herself as she threatened to. The suspect untied a bandage wrapped round his right hand and showed his stomach and claimed that while trying to disarm his wife and stop her from killing herself, he was injured. Arowolo claimed he was not in his right frame of mind to talk to the Press. Later, he alleged that Titilayo stabbed herself to death.
“My lawyer will talk to all of you in due time. All I can tell you is that look at my hand, my chest and all my body.

She even injured me as I tried to collect the knife from her. Please, talk to my lawyer. The investigation is going on and he will talk to you in due time. You are talking about my wife here and not any other person. I am undergoing medical check-up and I am not in the right mood to talk to anybody, please, talk to my lawyer.( weeping) I beg you in the name of God.” Daily Sun gathered that Arowolo allegedly stabbed his wife several times in the neck and some other parts of her body. A police source revealed that an internal organ was chopped off from the deceased’s stomach. Her breasts were also affected. A knife was alleged to have broken inside her neck.

Jinadu said on June 24, at about 8.30pm, Arowolo, who lives at Akinseyinde Street, Isolo ,Lagos, stabbed his wife, Titlayo to death. Jinadu said immediately Arowolo committed the offence, he disappeared from his house. The police spokesman said the case was reported to the police at Aswani Division. He said the detectives swung into action and on, June 25, the said suspect was apprehended. The case has since been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Panti,Yaba, Lagos. He said on interrogation, Arowolo told the police that it was his wife that stabbed herself to death. He assured that investigation is still on in respect of this case. “The corpse of the victim had been deposited at the morgue of General Hospital, Ikeja., where autopsy report will be performed any time from now, to determine the extent of injury sustained through that particular act of the husband, despite the fact that her husband has denied stabbing her. Meanwhile, Arowolo will be taken to a psychiatric hospital to be examined to know what has actually gone wrong with him. And why he perpetrated the evil act,” he said.

Arowolo’s lawyer, Vincent Obianoyi has appealed to journalists to exercise patience in other not to jeopardise the investigation that is going on .Obianoyi said Arolowo should not make any statement or comment until the police investigations are out. It is safer for both parties to keep their gun powder dry until police investigations are out. And beside that, making a statement now may even further affect the already fray nerves ”,he said.

Meanwhile, police have rescued a six-year- old girl who was kidnapped in Lagos for four days. Omonike Olawale was allegedly kidnapped by Segun Ogunbawo,25. Ogunbawo claimed he began to target Omonike since the day he attended a party in Ayodeji Ogunlana Street, Idimu where the child resides with her parents. The suspect claimed that he went their with a black toy gun while the police debunked the claim, saying he exchanged gunfire with them when he came to collect the agreed ransom. The suspect demanded N5 million ransom but detectives used N650,000 as a bait to apprehend him. The suspect alleged that he wanted to use the money to set up a workshop for his business. He was paraded at Police Command Headquarters, Ikeja, by Jinadu.

Meanwhile, police have rescued a six-year-old girl who was kidnapped in Lagos for four days. Omonike Olawale was allegedly kidnapped by Segun Ogunbawo, 25.

Ogunbawo claimed he began to target Omonike since the day he attended a party in Ayodeji Ogunlana Street, Idimu where the child resides with her parents. The suspect claimed that he went their with a black toy gun while the police debunked the claim, saying he exchanged gunfire with them when he came to collect the agreed ransom.

The suspect demanded N5 million ransom but detectives used N650, 000 as a bait to apprehend him. The suspect alleged that he wanted to use the money to set up a workshop for his business. He was paraded at Police Command Headquarters, Ikeja, by Jinadu.
Re: Murder Of Banker Wife: Hubby For Psychiatric Test –police by cold(m): 1:22pm On Jul 06, 2011
I knew it would come to this.Insanity plea
Re: Murder Of Banker Wife: Hubby For Psychiatric Test –police by Kx: 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2011
If only the lady left the marriage in peace, dis yeye murderer  wont subject her living parents to this injustice.
Psychiatric test?
Well, its all, good, he has sown, with time he will reap what he has sown.
Re: Murder Of Banker Wife: Hubby For Psychiatric Test –police by stormm: 6:17am On Jul 07, 2011
Has the police actually investigated anything apart from detaining the guy and making some threatening noises which his lawyer has successfully quelled? They should try some Guatanamo Bay techniques on the guy and by now they'll have enough evidence to send the guy to the gallows.

Psychiatric evaluation my foot. Mscheeew!

(1) (Reply)

Two Women Beheaded In Ogun Sw / Raw Footage: Boko Haram, Bomb Explosion In Kaduna, Kills Policeman / Daughter, Cuts Off Her Father's Head After He R-A-P-E Her In Their Village Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.