Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Side Hustles To Start For A 9-5er - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Side Hustles To Start For A 9-5er (239 Views)

The Financial Safe Net is not a 9-5 Any More ...Here is What Is / Top 7 Side Hustles To Do In 2021 / Digital Side Hustles That Can Fetch You Insane Income (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Side Hustles To Start For A 9-5er by BrodaAgbaya: 12:11pm On Apr 12, 2022
Dear Party People,

Pls i need help with what side hustle or business i can start this year, with the rate of inflation in the country salary no dey reach anywhere again. For the past three months now, i get broke before the end of the month. Most times, 2nd week of the month, i`m broke. I don`t live extravagant, maybe i go to a lounge once a month or two months where i hardly spend 5/6k. Though i spend quite a lot on dry cleaning cos i wear white shirts everyday to work.

There`s a shop in front of my house that is not in use and just lying there, i think the landlord has a plan for it. Not sure but i am thinking of opening a dry cleaning business with the shop if the landlord agrees to this. I would appreciate other options that are possible with the shop. Its on a somewhat quite street.

Been thinking of selling corporate suits, shirts and shoes as well at my work place, but the lack of a car has been a limiting factor.

If i had a car, i`d prolly do uber after close of work but that`s out of the option for now.

What other options are available as a side hustle pls?? I get home most times around 7/8pm so this is also a factor in whatever business i plan starting. My weekends are free though. Nairaland business man and women, pls help me with ideas oh. Make sapa no become my friend.
Re: Side Hustles To Start For A 9-5er by Kingpin1000: 12:15pm On Apr 12, 2022
You already have a plan and it's a good one.. it will help save money too.since it's close to your house,your eyes can always be their to monitor your business.
People wey dey earn small salary and not into business or any side hustle are really trying.
Re: Side Hustles To Start For A 9-5er by BrodaAgbaya: 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2022
Kingpin1000:
You already have a plan and it's a good one.. it will help save money too.since it's close to your house,your eyes can always be their to monitor your business.
People wey dey earn small salary and not into business or any side hustle are really trying.

thanks for your quick response. Yes i also feel this is a good plan. I`d speak with my landlord this weekend about the shop. Start up funds are also a bit scary to me but at least i could start from somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Side Hustles To Start For A 9-5er by Kingpin1000: 1:04pm On Apr 12, 2022
BrodaAgbaya:

thanks for your quick response. Yes i also feel this is a good plan. I`d speak with my landlord this weekend about the shop. Start up funds are also a bit scary to me but at least i could start from somewhere.
I think it's easy to start up a dry cleaning business.
You can make do with a washing machine and an Iron other stuff can be added as you grow. If you can't afford a washing machine, you can wash manually for now.
Always endeavour to do a neat job and be able to deliver on time.
Tell your colleagues you are into dry cleaning business and you can collect their clothes too
Whenever you are free, you should endeavour to assist your employees, maybe in ironing, packaging or even delivery if clothes.
It is your hustle and you should love it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Learn About Logo Designing Services In Only 10 Days? / Easter: APCON To Sanction Sterling Bank For Comparing Christ With Agege Bread / Looking For Business Proposal And Executive Summary Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.