Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

What Redress Can One Get From Damage Caused By High Electricity Current - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Redress Can One Get From Damage Caused By High Electricity Current (179 Views)

Bamise’s Death Was Caused By Force Blunt Trauma – Pathologist / You Don't Have Right To Protest High Electricity Tarriff - Police Tell Youths / Lady Brutally Attacked by Robbers in Traffic Caused by Police Collecting Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Redress Can One Get From Damage Caused By High Electricity Current by Businext: 8:46pm On Apr 12, 2022
Dear NLders,

Myself and neighbours suffered an unprecedented high electricity voltage which destroyed many things in our houses like bulbs, chargers, fans and even stabilizers.
We are thinking of writing to the Disco and then NERC.
Please what do you advice and suggest?
This is very serious.

Kindly give us suggestions so we get at it right a way.
The condition of Nigeria economically is not the time to start replacing gadgets, electronics and energy saving bulbs which are very expensive.

Thanks a lot.

#Justice4All

C.c. Mynd44, Seun, lalasticlala, ishilove
Re: What Redress Can One Get From Damage Caused By High Electricity Current by Aonkuuse(m): 9:00pm On Apr 12, 2022
In Nigeria, it's very hard to get a redress because I doubt they will compensate you for anything .... Imagine a woman was electrocuted to death after electric wires fell on her.... Nothing was given to the family despite numerous court orders. Check whether there is high voltage on other phases, if it is just that one, consider changing to the phase that has average voltage
Re: What Redress Can One Get From Damage Caused By High Electricity Current by Businext: 11:36pm On Apr 12, 2022
Aonkuuse:
In Nigeria, it's very hard to get a redress because I doubt they will compensate you for anything .... Imagine a woman was electrocuted to death after electric wires fell on her.... Nothing was given to the family despite numerous court orders. Check whether there is high voltage on other phases, if it is just that one, consider changing to the phase that has average voltage

Thanks so much.
I was encouraged by that court judgement concerning Peace Mass transport.
I hear even the Nigerian Police pays compensations when ordered by court.
So I'm guessing nothing is impossible.
I use 3 phases. 1 was totally out, the other 2 were extremely high, bulbs shattered not just burnt.
It's better now but people in my area lost so much.
Thankfully no fire.

#ThankYou

(1) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Kicks Over S/east ‘vicious’ Roadblocks / Security: Join Soludo's Campaign on "If You See Something, Say Something"- APGA / Reactions As Choir Member Kills Her New Born Baby In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.