Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Caution To All Importers! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Caution To All Importers! (463 Views)

Caution In Taking A U-turn / Dear Importers, Your Fullfilment Remains Our Priority. 5 Things You Need To Know / Caution. Error In Toyota Floor Mats Can Cause Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Caution To All Importers! by glowithdan(m): 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2011
wharf rats they call them, but to me the devil's workshop they are! What on Earth should be the explanation of breaking the glass someone's van (bus), just to steal some some products?
This happened to me only recently (last week); the back glass was totally broken off, and about 25 pieces of the product (LCD and PLASMA all the way from the United Kingdom) stolen. Side mirror removed, and the ignition key totally destroyed!

What on earth could be the reason for this unkind attitude towards a fellow human? The products are misunderstood be gotten at cheap prices here (UK), which is far from the truth.

I weep for the country, because nothing seems to be working in her favour! I advice, the house to learn from my lesson and avoid such mistake ( or what ever it may be called).
Re: Caution To All Importers! by Fhemmmy: 4:30pm On Jul 06, 2011
Thanks for sharing your experience . . . Sorry for the loss.
Also, i will never advice anyone to load a ride that aint in a container with anything as that is easy target for those people.
Only load a ride that is containerized . . . . .
Re: Caution To All Importers! by Dubino(m): 1:43am On Jul 09, 2011
Sorr for your loss man.
Fhemmmy is 100% right, don't load anything in a car that is not containerized. I had the same experience a couple of years ago, and I learned from it. Don't listen to whatever anybody may tell you that there's a way to do it and everything will be ok. There's only 2 ways to be safer, cars with goods should go in the container, cars without goods can go by Ro-Ro. However, having a trusted, experienced clearing agent is important too. On your side, before you ship a car, make sure you 've the cash for clearing at hand and send it to your agent soon enough to avoid cash strapped delay. Every minute your car spends in the wharf after being taken out from the ship increases it's chance of being vandalized.
When next you want to ship things to Naija, take your time, do your calculations well, spend a few bucks and make some calls. Just make sure that everything is lined up well.

(1) (Reply)

Naija Used Padded V-boot Needed / Neatly Used 1998 Honda Civic For N580k / Vehicle Lease (finance/operating Lease)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.