Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,707 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Being Mindful Of Heaven/eternal Life From Where We Came To This Earth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being Mindful Of Heaven/eternal Life From Where We Came To This Earth (378 Views)

Snake That Came To Attack RCCG Pastor Daniel In Lagos Dies As Pastor Preaches / How To Know If We Came From Water Or Not (how To Know If We Are Mariner Or Not ) / Watch This Earth Moving Testimony About His Holiness Olumba Olumba Obu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being Mindful Of Heaven/eternal Life From Where We Came To This Earth by ochibuogwu5: 7:46am On Apr 13, 2022
Hebrews 11:15 And truly, *if they had been mindful of that country(Heaven/eternal life by faith inside Jesus Christ Crucified) from whence they came out*, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Re: Being Mindful Of Heaven/eternal Life From Where We Came To This Earth by ochibuogwu5: 7:53am On Apr 13, 2022
Hebrews 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
Re: Being Mindful Of Heaven/eternal Life From Where We Came To This Earth by ochibuogwu5: 10:28am On Apr 13, 2022
Abbah My Father set me(Chibuogwu Jude Emmanuel Onyemaechi) on fire for YOU now(13-04-2022) and afresh every second that I spend on this earthly existence through the unlimited manifestations of Your Holy Spirit Power in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Being Mindful Of Heaven/eternal Life From Where We Came To This Earth by Kobojunkie: 10:36am On Apr 13, 2022
ochibuogwu5:
Hebrews 11:15 And truly, *if they had been mindful of that country(Heaven/eternal life by faith inside Jesus Christ Crucified) from whence they came out*, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Make una no dey insert una delusions into scripture abeg! undecided

No man came to earth from Heaven except Jesus Christ - Jesus Himself said this. undecided

God said from dust(of this earth) He made man, so how could man have come from Heaven/eternal life? Did God lie?, undecided
Re: Being Mindful Of Heaven/eternal Life From Where We Came To This Earth by tctrills: 10:58am On Apr 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Make una no dey insert una delusions into scripture abeg! undecided

No man came to earth from Heaven except Jesus Christ - Jesus Himself said this. undecided

God said from dust(of this earth) He made man, so how could man have come from Heaven/eternal life? Did God lie?, undecided
Ecclesiastes 12:7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
Hebrew 11.15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Hebrew 11.13 13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
The bible tells us that we are strangers and pilgrims on the earth so we know that we originated from somewhere before our lives on earth.
Re: Being Mindful Of Heaven/eternal Life From Where We Came To This Earth by Kobojunkie: 11:04am On Apr 13, 2022
tctrills:

Ecclesiastes 12:7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
Hebrew 11.15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Hebrew 11.13 13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
The bible tells us that we are strangers and pilgrims on the earth so we know that we originated from somewhere before our lives on earth.
Is it your understanding is that being a stranger/pilgrim on earth means you are not from earth? I am afraid I don't quite follow your logic here at all. undecided

Anyways, as for what is written in Ecclesiastes, yes God's breath of life which He breathed into man and animals alike returns to God when man dies - His breath is spirit. And that which is of the dust, man whom God indeed from the dust returns to dust. undecided

As Jesus Christ made clear, the only one who came down to earth from Heaven is the one God sent and His name is Jesus Christ - John 3 vs 13 - and He is the only one in Heaven today - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 . undecided
Re: Being Mindful Of Heaven/eternal Life From Where We Came To This Earth by tctrills: 11:30am On Apr 13, 2022
Is it your understanding is that being a stranger/pilgrim on earth means you are not from earth? I am afraid I don't quite follow your logic here at all. If you don't understand that a stranger or pilgrim is someone coming from somewhere else then I cant help you further.

Anyways, as for what is written in Ecclesiastes, yes God's breath of life which He breathed into man and animals alike returns to God when man dies - His breath is spirit. And that which is of the dust, man whom God made from the dust returns to dust.
I am happy you know that our spirits came from God so we agree.
Re: Being Mindful Of Heaven/eternal Life From Where We Came To This Earth by Kobojunkie: 11:44am On Apr 13, 2022
tctrills:
1. If you don't understand that a stranger or pilgrim is someone coming from somewhere else then I cant help you further.
2. I am happy you know that our spirits came from God so we agree.
1. I do understand what a stranger or pilgrim is, however what I don't accept is the leap you make to conclude that such a one is not from this earth. undecided

2. I am afraid again you are mistaken. God's breath is God's Spirit, not man's. undecided
Re: Being Mindful Of Heaven/eternal Life From Where We Came To This Earth by tctrills: 11:59am On Apr 13, 2022
I do understand what a stranger or pilgrim is, however what I don't accept is the leap you make to conclude that such a one is not from this earth. No leap was made here sir. Its just understanding that strangers and pilgrims are people coming from another place. Please refer to dictionary for better understand. We are stangers on earth only means that we came from somewhere else. That should be simple enough.

I am afraid again you are mistaken. God's breath is God's Spirit, not man's.

Zechariah 12

1 The burden of the word of the Lord for Israel, saith the Lord, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.
The bible clearly teaches that man has a spirit. it was formed by God hence we came from God. If you need more references about the spirit of man, let me know.
Re: Being Mindful Of Heaven/eternal Life From Where We Came To This Earth by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Apr 13, 2022
tctrills:
1. No leap was made here sir. Its just understanding that strangers and pilgrims are people coming from another place. Please refer to dictionary for better understand. We are stangers on earth only means that we came from somewhere else. That should be simple enough.

2. The bible clearly teaches that man has a spirit. it was formed by God hence we came from God. If you need more references about the spirit of man, let me know.
1. The dictionary does not corroborate your claim unfortunately. undecided

2. Ofcourse those who belong to God are given spirits by God, this after they become of Him, but not from their birth. Jesus Christ did explain that much in John 3 vs 5 - 8 where He outrightly tells us that the only birth one gets from being born is the physical kind (from the dust of this earth), a spiritual birth taking place long after that - not every human being will experience this spiritual birth. undecided

And like in the case of Samuel of old, that spirit of man does not depart from him when he dies - it stays sleeping with the owner in the grave until God's calls Him forth. undecided

What we are here contending is the claim that man is spirit from his creation, a claim which isn't scriptural. undecided
Re: Being Mindful Of Heaven/eternal Life From Where We Came To This Earth by tctrills: 6:01pm On Apr 13, 2022
The dictionary does not corroborate your claim unfortunately. I made no claim, I only said what the bible claims.

2. Ofcourse those who belong to God are given spirits by God, this after they become of Him, but not from their birth. Jesus Christ did explain that much in [b]John 3 vs 5 - 8 where He outrightly tells us that the only birth one gets from being born is the physical kind (from the dust of this earth), a spiritual birth taking place long after that - not every human being will experience this spiritual birth. undecided[/b] again you are wrong. No verse in the bible teaches that man has no spirit until they become born again.

And like in the case of Samuel of old, that spirit of man does not depart from him when he dies - it stays sleeping with the owner in the grave until God's calls Him forth. The bible did not teach tha Samuel's spirit slept in the dust.

What we are here contending is the claim that man is spirit from his creation, a claim which isn't scriptural.
It is read the scripture. Ecclesiastes 12 The spirit returns to God after death. Zechariah 12bGod and formed the spirit of man within him. Job 32:8 There is a spirit in man. Proverbs 20:27 The spirit of man is the lamp of the Lord,
Acts 7:59
They went on stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!”
1 Corinthians 2:11
For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him?
James 2:26
For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.
Re: Being Mindful Of Heaven/eternal Life From Where We Came To This Earth by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2022
tctrills:
1. I made no claim, I only said what the bible claims.

2. again you are wrong. No verse in the bible teaches that man has no spirit until they become born again.

3. The bible did not teach tha Samuel's spirit slept in the dust. undecided

4. It is read the scripture. Ecclesiastes 12 The spirit returns to God after death. Zechariah 12bGod and formed the spirit of man within him. Job 32:8 There is a spirit in man. Proverbs 20:27 The spirit of man is the lamp of the Lord,
Acts 7:59
They went on stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!”
1 Corinthians 2:11
For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him?
James 2:26
For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.
1. I beg to differ! In the same Bible is found God Himself, and His Word, Jesus Christ, directly refuting your claim. undecided

2. If you believe Jesus Christ lied in John 3 vs 1 - 8 , there isn't much that can be done by me in that. undecided

3. 1 Samuel 28 vs 3 - 13 tells of how Samuel was buried(in the ground ofcourse) in Ramah and then of the witch of Endor speaking of a spirit coming from the ground. undecided

4. Again, the spirit that returns to God at death is the breath of God which God implanted at creation into man and animals alike - that spirit is God's and returns to Him when we die. undecided

The spirit of man, remains with man even after death and this spirit seems to belong only to those who have been granted eternal life by God as they are said to sleep in their graves after death. The righteous men of old for example are said to sleep as opposed to perishing in their graves. Jesus Christ alluded to the same when He spoke of Lazarus, one of His followers who had died. undecided
Re: Being Mindful Of Heaven/eternal Life From Where We Came To This Earth by tctrills: 10:58pm On Apr 13, 2022
I beg to differ! In the same Bible is found God Himself, and His Word, Jesus Christ, directly refuting your claim. No where in the bible

2. If you believe Jesus Christ lied in [b]John 3 vs 1 - 8 , there isn't much that can be done by me in that. [/b] This verse never said that man those not have a spirit, that is your addition.

tells of how Samuel was buried(in the ground ofcourse) in Ramah and then of the witch of Endor speaking of a spirit coming from the ground. The verse never claimed that Samuel did not how a spirit, how did you come about that?

4. Again, the spirit that returns to God at death is the breath of God which God implanted at creation into man and animals alike - that spirit is God's and returns to Him when we die. The bible never said the spirit was the breath God implanted to Adam and even if it was It only tells you that our spirit came from God. Now you said the other time that the spirit comes only to those born of God. You even quoted John 3.1-8 Do you see that it makes no sense now? If the spirit is only for the believers, was Adam a believer?

The spirit of man, remains with man even after death and this spirit seems to belong only to those who have been granted eternal life by God as they are said to sleep in their graves after death. The righteous men of old for example are said to sleep as opposed to perishing in their graves. Jesus Christ alluded to the same when He spoke of Lazarus, one of His followers who had died. You are so controversial. You stated in the early paragraph that the spirit returns back to God. please go and review your doctrine.
The bible teaches that our spirit returns to God. No single verse says that our spirits return to the earth.

(1) (Reply)

Reach Out To The Young Man You Are Owing For Close To A Year Now, Mrs. Odini C / Breaking! Bomb Blast In Kano / The Reality Of The Word 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.