Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike (25679 Views)

Abaribe Lied On PIA Comments, Says Lawan, Warns Against Press Interviews / Senate President Lawan Confirms Receiving List Of 43 Ministerial Nominees / Consumer-protection-agency-issues-final-order-to-multichoice-on-tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by Simplythebest: 12:19pm On Apr 13, 2022
Empty noise and selfish leaders when multichoice has already increase their subscription. I even paid 2800 against 2500 last week and this rubber stamp senators are here making noise. Nigeria is just a country were no one is in charge and u can do as u please. May God help us to endure till 2023 and i hope some people will get sense by then.
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by buckeyemedia: 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Look at these clowns , when Buhari govt keeps increasing NEPA tarriff , Port Tarriff, Airport Tarriff, VAT tarriffs , where were these clowns and their stay action order ..you can not force a private company to run at a loss , DSTV is not an essential service so if anyone can't afford the service for now they can move to cheaper alternatives like Startimes TV or free to air cable or just stop watching DSTV entirely
Nicely articulated, don’t mind that idiot, is it by force Nigerians must patronize Multi-Choice?

Very stupid man.

1 Like

Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by obinoral1179(m): 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2022
I know you are not aware that the increase as taking effect since 01/04/2022/ because you and your family are enjoying free giveaway from them...nonosense..
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by SmartyPants(m): 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2022
Is this really the most pressing matter that the citizens of Nigeria require intervention on?
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by Trustedpronet: 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2022
Gas, desiel and food items were hiked and you guys in the senate do nothing about it.

1 Like

Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by obinoral1179(m): 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2022
Seyiemath:
Me wey don sale my DSTV decoder since last week. I no do again
Abeg where I fit sell am my own, the stuff dey tempt me to sub
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by EasternSWboyz: 12:22pm On Apr 13, 2022
Inaugurating a seven-member adhoc Committee of the Senate headed by the Senate Deputy Chief Whip, Aliyu Sabi-Abdullahi, the Senate President warned that no foreign operators in the country should take Nigeria for granted.

Already a group of foreign operators called bandits have already taken Nigeria for granted, infact it is almost like they have taken Nigeria for a foolish Nation.

Dear Senate, please flex your muscles where it is mostly required, where it will benefit Nigeria the most. If the security in the country is good, business will thrive, and people will be able to afford GoTV, DSTV or others. Entertainment is the least of issues bedeviling the Nation. Brainstorm on way out of the security issues. Make it your Number one priority. Work on it like it's your final year exam
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by SarkinYarki: 12:22pm On Apr 13, 2022
Superboss:

To u 'Helpless' here connote poor or poverty right?

Not at all ... Helpless connotes they have no other choice than pay , there are many choices in this situation my brother and they chose the one they can handle
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by buckeyemedia: 12:22pm On Apr 13, 2022
obinoral1179:
I know you are not aware that the increase as taking effect since 01/04/2022/ because you and your family are enjoying free giveaway from them ...nonosense..
Mnet no Know face, they don’t give anyone anything free, unless to their loyal customers.

They could careless if he is the senate president, or agbero president Mc Oluomo.

His premium package no pass my own Dstv premium package with dvr capabilities.
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by tonididdy(m): 12:22pm On Apr 13, 2022
Jokers...

U want to tell me how to run my independent business even after I pay taxes.
Who cannot afford my services is free to leave.
When govt increase pump prices unchallenged, you want me to continue my business at a loss grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by Euegene100001: 12:22pm On Apr 13, 2022
Lol rubber stamp new prices when people don they pay already
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by Miracle2022: 12:23pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ebubeslym:
All noise , no action.

The worst Senate President of all time.
someone that cannot even lead his family well will come here to insult a senate president. If you are the senate president what will you do? Some of you talk like foools.
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by 8stargeneral: 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2022
Another noise
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by buckeyemedia: 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2022
Miracle2022:
someone that cannot even lead his family well will come here to insult a senate president. If you are the senate president what will you do? Some of you talk like foools.
He deserves the insult, what concerns the senate with multi choice?

This is how they destroyed all the companies they collected from foreigners after they passed the enterprise decree in the 70’s.

Maybe soon, they would want to nationalize Multi choice Nigeria? Always wanting to reap, where they did not sow.
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by BOYS2MEN: 12:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
grin
"we mean business"
"Our consumers here are innocent people"
"We would do anything to protect them and their rights"
It's okay... cheesy grin grin
Naija ppl suppose dey happy say d senate dey fight for their "TELEVISION RIGHTS"...Oh!! I forgot to say "they are also protecting your "TELEVISION RIGHTS" too...."I think they are improving in the area of protecting our TV....abi when last you get access to good news and legit news for una naija ...
.NDI OMA na TV RIGHTS AND PROTECTION... grin cheesy
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by Indelibleword(m): 12:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
Why would they be talking about pay TV and not talking about electricity tariff hike? While not defending DSTV, the hypocrisy in Nigeria is at another level. Senate did not mandate Discos to provide prepaid meter for all electricity consumers, and kept mum on tariff hike.

In the name of increase in electricity tariff, unmetered customers and those with old analogue meters are passing through 'shege' with estimated billing.

This month PHED brought almost #10,000 bill for electricity that is not up to 72 hours in a month. Every time it is grid collapse yet we are paying for what we did not use. Let Senate also mandate Discos to do 'pay as you go' for all customers
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by lomprico(m): 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2022
DStv whey don dey collect the new rate since. Useless leaders
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by adekolaelect(m): 12:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
Investors don't respect you like other country bcs many of you leaders don't have standard.corruptions too make many of you irrelevant in the eye of any investors in nigeria bcs they Investors believed money will settle everything.
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by slowice(m): 12:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
Mumu man, something wey me and many Nigerian Don begin pay new price since.

The fat pig should take this message to buhari and Co... They are our real and only problem today

1 Like

Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by Udemzy05: 12:28pm On Apr 13, 2022
Initia gragra
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by Emekaterry: 12:28pm On Apr 13, 2022
Are u suppose to dictate to company that is not urs on hw to run there business,I thought what u should do is to build ur own company and give them competition.come to think of it,u as a Senate president what have u done about fuel price, kerosene price.this is what Nigeria is producing oo and u wanna dictate for people that pays huge tax

1 Like

Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by Ebubeslym(m): 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
Miracle2022:

If I slap your face ehhh, you go blind.

Get off my mentions you slowpoke
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by obinoral1179(m): 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Mnet no Know face, they don’t give anyone anything free, unless to their loyal customers.

They could careless if he is the senate president, or agbero president Mc Oluomo.

His premium package no pass my own Dstv premium package.
I'm not talking about package I'm referring to the subscription though I might be wrong..
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by buckeyemedia: 12:32pm On Apr 13, 2022
obinoral1179:
I'm not talking about package I'm referring to the subscription though I might be wrong..
Bros subscription package na the same thing.

On DSTV, I believe it is regular, compaq & premium?

Compaq gives ESPN 1 & 2, & Bloomberg news, & all the soccer channels which all I need.
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by easiest(m): 12:33pm On Apr 13, 2022
Do we complain, the security challenge they are facing that require their attention they won't say anything about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by enonche85(m): 12:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Look at these clowns , when Buhari govt keeps increasing NEPA tarriff , Port Tarriff, Airport Tarriff, VAT tarriffs , where were these clowns and their stay action order ..you can not force a private company to run at a loss , DSTV is not an essential service so if anyone can't afford the service for now they can move to cheaper alternatives like Startimes TV or free to air cable or just stop watching DSTV entirely

It doesn't mean they should not consult the relevant authorities before any increment.
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by Venom11(m): 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
[quote author=slawormiir
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Toothless moda fuckkking bulldogs
But read wetin e try yan,... Sense de..
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by tragergeorge(m): 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2022
SarkinYarki:
sharap,we already paying way too much for repetition...

1 Like

Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by Response01(m): 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2022
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by gulfer: 12:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
Please warn Lagos State too not to introduce the toll levies too until such a time when things stabilizes cool cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by janetakan(f): 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
The fat cow is finally waking up to his responsibilities?
I am shocked!!
Re: Senate President Lawan Warns Multichoice On Tariff Hike by Emekaterry: 12:45pm On Apr 13, 2022
The small alternative we have here,am talking about c.t.l efcc helped DStv to pursue them.are efcc not part of federal government.and today government is against DStv, confused set of people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Next Level Lies: From The Desk Of Reno Omokri The Master Of Facts. / Gunmen Kill Suleiman Ishaya, Kidnap His Wife (Photo) / Abiola Ajimobi For Oyo South Senatorial District 2019 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.