Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,378 members, 7,954,531 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:29 PM

Juvenile Or Fingerling Which is The Best To Stock - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Juvenile Or Fingerling Which is The Best To Stock (1279 Views)

How To Stock Catfish In A Pond / Catfish, Tilapia, And Heterotis Brood Stock, Fingerling, And Juvenile. / 10,000 To 15000 Catfish Post Fingerling For Sales In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Juvenile Or Fingerling Which is The Best To Stock by letsfarmnigeria: 2:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
Many farmers tend to have disagreement on which size of fish to stock , many have their own theory as why they stock what they normally stock and many have had disappointments in results due to what size of fish they stock especially beginners , so where we discuss in detail on which is better to stock better fingerling and juvenile with proven advantages and disadvantages
Pls watch remember to leave a message and don't forget to subscribe to the page thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwprtqF1-lQ
Re: Juvenile Or Fingerling Which is The Best To Stock by gibsonwales(m): 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2022
Good day, if I may how much is 1kg of catfish now ?
Re: Juvenile Or Fingerling Which is The Best To Stock by letsfarmnigeria: 5:17pm On Apr 13, 2022
gibsonwales:
Good day, if I may how much is 1kg of catfish now ?
1kg of fish is 1200 for table size of 1kg and above but for below 1kg it's 850 per kg
Re: Juvenile Or Fingerling Which is The Best To Stock by Ayoolu(m): 8:07pm On Apr 13, 2022
Depends on location. It is 1100 below 1kg in ijebu area

1 Like

Re: Juvenile Or Fingerling Which is The Best To Stock by gibsonwales(m): 3:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
letsfarmnigeria:

1kg of fish is 1200 for table size of 1kg and above but for below 1kg it's 850 per kg

N1,200 ? For 1kg. The cheapest I've heard is N1,500/kg. Other places, it costs between N2-2.5k/kg. Even at the moment, that my fishes are almost 1kg each in weight, I can't sell for N1,200. If I may, where do you sell from ?
Re: Juvenile Or Fingerling Which is The Best To Stock by letsfarmnigeria: 6:34am On Apr 15, 2022
gibsonwales:

N1,200 ? For 1kg. The cheapest I've heard is N1,500/kg. Other places, it costs between N2-2.5k/kg. Even at the moment, that my fishes are almost 1kg each in weight, I can't sell for N1,200. If I may, where do you sell from ?
Ondo state and south west states sell 1200 per kg
Re: Juvenile Or Fingerling Which is The Best To Stock by gibsonwales(m): 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2022
letsfarmnigeria:

Ondo state and south west states sell 1200 per kg

Well, maybe in Ondo like you wrote. Here in Lagos, it goes for a minimum of N2,000/kg. My fishes are 3 months and 2weeks old and I've been receiving offers of N1,500 for each but I rejected. I'll complete 6 months before I sell. By then, I'll sell for a minimum of N2.5-3k each. The bigger the better here.
Re: Juvenile Or Fingerling Which is The Best To Stock by letsfarmnigeria: 5:07pm On Apr 15, 2022
gibsonwales:

Well, maybe in Ondo like you wrote. Here in Lagos, it goes for a minimum of N2,000/kg. My fishes are 3 months and 2weeks old and I've been receiving offers of N1,500 for each but I rejected. I'll complete 6 months before I sell. By then, I'll sell for a minimum of N2.5-3k each. The bigger the better here.
It all depends even in lagos I know very many people selling 1200 per kg if you go on Facebook you will see many offers like that but since you have offers for 2000 per kg pls hold those your customers very tight even here on Nairaland check out fish pages it's 1200 and even ibadan it's 1200 , in ibadan farms with 100k capacity are selling 1100 and 1050 due to capacity to avoid glut .
So try and hold on your customers very well
Good luck
Re: Juvenile Or Fingerling Which is The Best To Stock by gibsonwales(m): 10:50pm On Apr 15, 2022
letsfarmnigeria:

It all depends even in lagos I know very many people selling 1200 per kg if you go on Facebook you will see many offers like that but since you have offers for 2000 per kg pls hold those your customers very tight even here on Nairaland check out fish pages it's 1200 and even ibadan it's 1200 , in ibadan farms with 100k capacity are selling 1100 and 1050 due to capacity to avoid glut .
So try and hold on your customers very well
Good luck

Please, can you post the fish page here. Those with 100k capacity should focus on export, frozen food sellers, hotels, restaurant....e.t.c
Re: Juvenile Or Fingerling Which is The Best To Stock by letsfarmnigeria: 8:15am On Apr 16, 2022
gibsonwales:

Please, can you post the fish page here. Those with 100k capacity should focus on export, frozen food sellers, hotels, restaurant....e.t.c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUDb19LVP_o subscribe and let me know what you think

(1) (Reply)

Poultry Farm For Sale (Sold) / PALM KERNEL NUTS .. (EKURO) NEEDED URGENTLY.Call Me; 08104991726 / Poultry Farm For Sale In Mararaba, Nasarawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.