Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,562 members, 7,955,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:36 PM

British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain (5260 Views)

Jenifer Tsembe, Monday Simon, Solomon Abu, Murderers Of Terungwa Stephanie / Nigerian Arrested For Online Romance Scams In Cambodia / Pastor Chris Simon Amadi Strangles His Wife To Death In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by GreatAxeMan: 8:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
I've reproduced the transcript of the YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4elhOK34tk4

Something which I have noticed over the years is that Yoruba people seem to be in
a class of their own in many ways.

A lot of the time when people in Britain make disrespectful remarks about Africans, it is really Yorubas who have prompted them to feel that way.

Part of the reason for this of course is that there's an awful lot of Nigerians living in this country now and the great majority of them are Yorubas.

Now I have to say that a lot of the time they still seem different from other
Africans I've known such as Zambians and Kenyans who are as rational and sensible as anything and with whom I could get along without any difficulty.

With Yorubas though there always seems to be a kind of disconnect as though even when we are chatting away in English they are somehow speaking a different language to me.

I don't have this problem with Ibos by the way.

I think I have mentioned
before that I used to have evening classes in Igbo and I've associated with quite a few Igbos.

I don't know if anyone remembers Colonel Ojukwu
the man who who used to be the leader of Biafra.

Believe it or not he ultimately settled down in the Hackney Area of London where I used to see him.

Most of the successful Africans one encounters in this country who seem to be doing all right for themselves are Yorubas. They make up many of the doctors, accountants and solicitors whose names are full of "O"and "A" and they're called things like Adeyemi or Olusanya. So too are an awful lot of staff in care homes.

Yoruba kids seem to do very well at school up to a certain age in Britain. They get better GCSE results on the whole than white british pupils.

However they also tend towards a lot of language delay, that is to say late speaking and they tend to be more prone to mental diseases like autism in childhood and schizophrenia in adolescence than white Europeans.

This is most likely because the risk for schizophrenia generally for people from West Africa tends to be higher than for White Europeans.

Of course the thing which many people most associate Nigeria with is scams
and it is the Yoruba who are behind almost all of them.

You are very unlikely to find a Hausa or Ibo at the back of a scam, but scams are like food and water for certain Yorubas.

Being tricksy or dishonest is something which seems to run through Yoruba culture.

I don't think this is a genetic
thing.

I'm sure there is not a stretch of DNA which codes for being scheming and devious, but on the other hand I imagine that growing up in a certain culture might do it.

It almost seems to be second nature. Anybody who's ever worked with Yoruba people will know what I'm talking about
here.

Even when they have straightforward jobs
in social care many of them seem to be up to something suspicious.

They are often making secretive telephone calls or you will find that they are known by more than one name or something about their background story doesn't add up.

The practice of having more than one name is very common amongst Yorubas you'll hear a Nigerian Yoruba
say something along the lines of:

My real name is Yetunde but at church they call me Ezekiel; or

My cousin's name is Adesola and that is what some people know me as but in my passport it says that I am Obaloluwa.

Seriously this is not an exaggeration as anybody who has interacted much with Yorubas will know.

The other thing which many people notice with Yoruba people is a tendency towards
eccentric behavior.

The conduct of the average Kikuyu from Kenya is as normal as anybody else but this simply does not seem to be the case with most Yorubas.

I have no idea if this is connected in some way with the tendency towards
autism and schizophrenia but the fact is an awful lot of Yorubas come across as odd.

I'm curious to know whether other people have observed this about Nigerians in
general or Yorubas in particular.

I would also be interested to know how many people when they make generalizations about Africans are basing these more upon Nigerians than
any other nationality.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:49pm On Apr 13, 2022
This guy is a racist idiot,that once said Africa were in stone age before the arrival of Europeans. The man is ignorant/arrogant and fvck.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by AJOBI77(m): 8:54pm On Apr 13, 2022
tongue
Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by Sergio104(m): 8:58pm On Apr 13, 2022
cheesy
Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by alsudan: 9:02pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ok
Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by LokoH(m): 9:06pm On Apr 13, 2022
Somebody from Europ observed that we are not one o.
No wonder yorubas are guming us.
But we are flinging them very soon

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by illicit(m): 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2022
Proud Yoruba demon

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by tommy589(m): 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2022
Werey cheesy

Because they denied you eavesdropping on their phone calls,they are now scammers and devious. I thought I have heard it all until this

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by Cantonese: 9:35pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ibrahimmrfish:
This guy is a racist idiot,that once said Africa were in stone age before the arrival of Europeans. The man is ignorant/arrogant and fvck.

Please explain your view. At least we all can be better educated in this matter.
Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by duro4chang(m): 9:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
This table you are pulling...
Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
Who be this guy?
Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by xelly: 11:06pm On Apr 13, 2022
In character, Yorubas are not straightforward.

They can not answer the W,H questions.

2 Likes

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by gwafaeziokwu: 11:29pm On Apr 13, 2022
grin

Fake and unreliable. Masters of hypocrisy, even the world has taken notice.

It's a cultural thing. Dishonesty and backstabbing is seen as normal. Others that uphold the culture of justice and honesty are labelled as unsophisticated. Welcome the the land of Afonja.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by Coolsperm: 1:16am On Apr 14, 2022
Yoruba Muslims demons

1 Like

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by amuwo1980: 1:55am On Apr 14, 2022
Still true till tomorrow, always using two ID cards to clock in na them , I was shocked to see that, every bad name Nigerians get in scams na them , igbos na drugs

2 Likes

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by kenic(m): 2:36am On Apr 14, 2022
Fear dem grin

1 Like

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by obinnajohnson: 3:08am On Apr 14, 2022
Why are these people desperately tarnishing our image abroad ?

2 Likes

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by NotBeenPaid: 3:13am On Apr 14, 2022
Ibrahimmrfish:

You’re accusing him of racism. How fair have we treated each other within as a people or as a Nation?

And I hope you’re also aware that tribalism(racism) is what has ruined Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by kabillionaire(m): 3:20am On Apr 14, 2022
Lol! Funny enough he described Yoruba's 100% correct

5 Likes

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by Angel55555(m): 3:23am On Apr 14, 2022
Bias reasoning most scams in the UK are committed by their citizens regardless of the ancestry they have
Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by FuckDModz: 4:13am On Apr 14, 2022
Even the so-called Abiola was a scammer. Leave scamming for them.

4 Likes

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by Nosayer: 4:53am On Apr 14, 2022
gwafaeziokwu:
grin

Fake and unreliable. Masters of hypocrisy, even the world has taken notice.

It's a cultural thing. Dishonesty and backstabbing is seen as normal. Others that uphold the culture of justice and honesty are labelled as unsophisticated. Welcome the the land of Afonja.

Thank God he didn't say the Yorubas are prone to schezophrenia, he attributed that to all West Africans and to spite the Yorubas, you believe him.... grin grin

Maybe it's in fact the schezophrenia worrying you that makes you believe everything he said but later on, you'll say that some people are "slaves" for agreeing with what a white man said about them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by Dialpad: 5:22am On Apr 14, 2022
Racist bull-shit ..... tomorrow he will come up with something about the Igbos

Clearly he is a low life who has interacted mainly with some specific class of yorubas.

This is a complete idi-ot who will rather focus on a particular race than individuals
Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by Bastardlyrich: 6:20am On Apr 14, 2022
Everyone knows in the world that an average afonja is a backstabbetrs, betrayall,thievee, ritualisst,derty,liarr, propagandistt,coword,Lily livered, occultistt, jujuju worshipper,and the problem with Nigeria.
People erroneously thinks is iigbos that are our problem in Nigeria but is afonjas,they are the once giving information to british, and north on how to finish east/ss/se.
As their face is scratch and uglee so is their heart.
Thank you for these information,I know the tribalistic mode won't push it to the front page but if it's igbos he would have pushed by 3am at night.

1 Like

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by Bastardlyrich: 6:21am On Apr 14, 2022
Dialpad:
Racist bull-shit ..... tomorrow he will come up with something about the Igbos

Clearly he is a low life who has interacted mainly with some specific class of yorubas.

This is a complete idi-ot who will rather focus on a particular race than individuals
Liarss he spoke the truth.deal with it btrayal and backstabbetrs. grin wink grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by Bastardlyrich: 6:23am On Apr 14, 2022
Nosayer:

Thank God he didn't say the Yorubas are prone to schezophrenia, he attributed that to all West Africans and to spite the Yorubas, you believe him.... grin grin

Maybe it's in fact the schezophrenia worrying you that makes you believe everything he said but later on, you'll say that some people are "slaves" for agreeing with what a white man said about them.
Thank God the world have known how wicked afonjas are.
Very sophisticated theivees grin grin grin backstabbetrs, betrayass,lairss and cowords grin grin cheesy that's the meaning of sophisticated grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by Antivirus92(m): 7:43am On Apr 14, 2022
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by PlayerMeji: 8:15am On Apr 14, 2022
Somebody chop finish, clears table, wash plates.

Siddon on top laptop, begin film himself dey talk about one particular tribe.

Interestingly, some people who are even way more enlightened than him take every single word out of his mouth as facts simply because he is talking about a common enemy.

SMH... Kai
Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by drdeath: 9:51am On Apr 14, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
I've reproduced the transcript of the YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4elhOK34tk4

Something which I have noticed over the years is that Yoruba people seem to be in
a class of their own in many ways.

A lot of the time when people in Britain make disrespectful remarks about Africans, it is really Yorubas who have prompted them to feel that way.

Part of the reason for this of course is that there's an awful lot of Nigerians living in this country now and the great majority of them are Yorubas.

Now I have to say that a lot of the time they still seem different from other
Africans I've known such as Zambians and Kenyans who are as rational and sensible as anything and with whom I could get along without any difficulty.

With Yorubas though there always seems to be a kind of disconnect as though even when we are chatting away in English they are somehow speaking a different language to me.

I don't have this problem with Ibos by the way.

I think I have mentioned
before that I used to have evening classes in Igbo and I've associated with quite a few Igbos.

I don't know if anyone remembers Colonel Ojukwu
the man who who used to be the leader of Biafra.

Believe it or not he ultimately settled down in the Hackney Area of London where I used to see him.

Most of the successful Africans one encounters in this country who seem to be doing all right for themselves are Yorubas. They make up many of the doctors, accountants and solicitors whose names are full of "O"and "A" and they're called things like Adeyemi or Olusanya. So too are an awful lot of staff in care homes.

Yoruba kids seem to do very well at school up to a certain age in Britain. They get better GCSE results on the whole than white british pupils.

However they also tend towards a lot of language delay, that is to say late speaking and they tend to be more prone to mental diseases like autism in childhood and schizophrenia in adolescence than white Europeans.

This is most likely because the risk for schizophrenia generally for people from West Africa tends to be higher than for White Europeans.

Of course the thing which many people most associate Nigeria with is scams
and it is the Yoruba who are behind almost all of them.

You are very unlikely to find a Hausa or Ibo at the back of a scam, but scams are like food and water for certain Yorubas.

Being tricksy or dishonest is something which seems to run through Yoruba culture.

I don't think this is a genetic
thing.

I'm sure there is not a stretch of DNA which codes for being scheming and devious, but on the other hand I imagine that growing up in a certain culture might do it.

It almost seems to be second nature. Anybody who's ever worked with Yoruba people will know what I'm talking about
here.

Even when they have straightforward jobs
in social care many of them seem to be up to something suspicious.

They are often making secretive telephone calls or you will find that they are known by more than one name or something about their background story doesn't add up.

The practice of having more than one name is very common amongst Yorubas you'll hear a Nigerian Yoruba
say something along the lines of:

My real name is Yetunde but at church they call me Ezekiel; or

My cousin's name is Adesola and that is what some people know me as but in my passport it says that I am Obaloluwa.

Seriously this is not an exaggeration as anybody who has interacted much with Yorubas will know.

The other thing which many people notice with Yoruba people is a tendency towards
eccentric behavior.

The conduct of the average Kikuyu from Kenya is as normal as anybody else but this simply does not seem to be the case with most Yorubas.

I have no idea if this is connected in some way with the tendency towards
autism and schizophrenia but the fact is an awful lot of Yorubas come across as odd.

I'm curious to know whether other people have observed this about Nigerians in
general or Yorubas in particular.

I would also be interested to know how many people when they make generalizations about Africans are basing these more upon Nigerians than
any other nationality.

Na Amadioha go use axe to always strike your future generations sons to death in their prime.
Suegbe assman
Re: British Historian Simon Webb: Yorubas Are Behind Most Of The Scams In Britain by MonkeyMods(m): 10:04am On Apr 14, 2022
GuyWise101:
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Backstabbers, cowards, lilly-liverd, skull miners, Indomie bandits, betrayals, brown roof dwellers,cone-heads, fulani ass-lickers, fulani slaves, sophiscated morons, scammers, yahoo boys and ashawo girls as children, ritualistic in nature all in one tribe........... BAYARO.

It is finished. Well done..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING! Young Man Killed In Ughelli Was An Armed Robber, He Stole The Lexus / Graphic Video: Slay Queen Runs Mad, Dances Naked In Public / Saddest Photos On The Internet .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.