Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,420 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms (2645 Views)

Festus Keyamo Reacts To Labour Party’s N25M Governorship Forms For Imo State / 2023: Faleke, Babachir Lawal, Others Pick ₦100 Million Forms For Tinubu / Obaseki Spent ₦43.5 Million On Governorship Forms Of APC And PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by TheTrueSeeker2: 12:17am On Apr 14, 2022
No fewer than 12 prominent citizens of Rivers State and stalwarts of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have collected their expression of interest and nomination forms to contest for the governorship ticket of the PDP.

Multiple sources at the PDP Secretariat along Aba Road, Port Harcourt told National Network that the immediate past Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Rivers State, Bro. Felix Amechi Obuah was among those who on Tuesday, April 12, 2022 picked the expression of interest and nomination forms to contest for the governorship ticket of the PDP for Rivers State in next year's election.

Others, according to impeccable sources include former Secretary to Rivers State Government and Minister of Transport, Dr. Abiye Precious Sekibo; former representative of Rivers South East Senatorial District, Sen. Lee Maeba; former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Sir. Austin Opara; Senator George Thompson Sekibo currently representing Rivers East Senatorial District in the National Assembly; former Senator representing Rivers South East District, Sen. Olaka Nwogu; and current Secretary to Rivers State Government (SSG), Dr. Tammy Wenike Danagogo.

Others in the race for the Rivers PDP governorship ticket who also picked their forms on Tuesday are former Chairman, Rivers State Senior Schools Board, Chief David Briggs; Commissioner of Finance, Hon. Isaac Kamalu; serving Accountant General in Rivers State, Mr. Siminalaye Fubara; serving Commissioner for Sports, Hon. Boma Iyaye; and serving Special Assistant to the Governor on Special Projects, Alabo George Kelly.

The exercise which threw wild jubilations in the aspirants' camps in Port Harcourt and beyond, also brought to an end, months-long speculations about intending aspirations to the elusive office of the governor.

With the array of political heavyweights angling for the PDP governorship flag in the 2023 general election, it is now pretty clear that the PDP is poised to select only the best of the best to ensure the party retains the reins of power and control of the state's affairs beyond 2023.

The latest development is also a pointer to the sincerity of Governor Wike that the choice of his successor will be thrown open to the party members to decide, which is an additional attribute to his democratic credentials.

Information available in public domain has it that all the aspirants holding political offices may have resigned their positions in accordance with the contentious section on the electoral law which is presently a subject of litigation.

https://www.nationalnetworkonline.com/politics/9179-obuah-sekibo-10-others-pick-rivers-pdp-governorship-forms

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 12:45am On Apr 14, 2022
Ok
Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Iyadesa: 3:10am On Apr 14, 2022
Hnnmm
Rivers election would be very interesting come 2023 with the Riverine nationalities agitating for their long awaited slot
Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by nextdoor84(m): 4:14am On Apr 14, 2022
Iyadesa:
Hnnmm
Rivers election would be very interesting come 2023 with the Riverine nationalities agitating for their long awaited slot

Do not be deceived bro, the so called ‘Ijaws’ will never rule rivers state. The next governor of Rivers state is Austin Opara or bro Felix Amechi Obuah. Take this to the bank �. Wike has advised the riverine people to go for the senate seat. He has endorsed his loyal deputy for this seat.

2 Likes

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Cutecharlz(m): 4:39am On Apr 14, 2022
I see Bro Felix Obuah aka "Go round" as the next Rivers State Governor....

1 Like

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by helinues: 5:30am On Apr 14, 2022
Sir Felix has shown interest about being Rivers state governor long time.

Though he has been Wike's buddy for long but I don't know how much popular he is in Rivers state.
Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Tranquill: 6:08am On Apr 14, 2022
nextdoor84:

Do not be deceived bro, the so called ‘Ijaws’ will never rule rivers state. The next governor of Rivers state is Austin Opara or bro Felix Amechi Obuah. Take this to the bank �. Wike has advised the riverine people to go for the senate seat. He has endorsed his loyal deputy for this seat.

Oga you are not from Rivers State so take your bigotry and troublesomeness to wherever you come from. Every tribe in Rivers State can be governor and not for you to come here and declare that some people "will never" rule Rivers State. Do not bring your hateful ideology and your 'superior vs inferior' mentality to Rivers people because they are not shallow minded like you lots.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 14, 2022
Same FELIX OBUAH "Mr Go Round" That was made chairman of sanitation while still operating as the state PDP Chairman...
The moment he clinched that position, rather than sanitizing Port Harcourt or returning it to its former glory, he singlehandedly supervised its conversion into a GARBAGE CITY.

2 Likes

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by nextdoor84(m): 6:09am On Apr 16, 2022
Tranquill:

Oga you are not from Rivers State so take your bigotry and troublesomeness to wherever you come from. Every tribe in Rivers State can be governor and not for you to come here and declare that some people "will never" rule Rivers State. Do not bring your hateful ideology and your 'superior vs inferior' mentality to Rivers people because they are not shallow minded like you lots.]
You must be a very newbie on Nairaland. I do not need to proof to you that I am from Rivers state. But if you can post your local government certificate of origin here, I will post mine as well!! You are very ignorant !!!

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by nextdoor84(m): 6:10am On Apr 16, 2022
Tranquill:

Oga you are not from Rivers State so take your bigotry and troublesomeness to wherever you come from. Every tribe in Rivers State can be governor and not for you to come here and declare that some people "will never" rule Rivers State. Do not bring your hateful ideology and your 'superior vs inferior' mentality to Rivers people because they are not shallow minded like you lots.

NEXTDOOR
You must be a very newbie on Nairaland. I do not need to proof to you that I am from Rivers state. But if you can post your local government certificate of origin here, I will post mine as well!! You are very ignorant !!!

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Igboid: 6:37am On Apr 16, 2022
Tranquill:

You this Igbophobic impostor.
You are only angry because the Ekpeye man you quoted is not filled with Igbo hate like you.

3 Likes

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Igboid: 6:40am On Apr 16, 2022
nextdoor84:

Where is the Felix Obuah guy from? I hope it's not another Ikwerre man.

I think one of Hon Isaac Kamalu and Senator Olaka Nwogu both from Eleme axis should be chosen, to give the Ogonis a sense of belonging in the state.
Ijaws have ruled old Rivers State. Ogonis are about the only Bloc not to have tasted power in the state.

4 Likes

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by nextdoor84(m): 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2022
Igboid:

I think one of Hon Isaac Kamalu and Senator Olaka Nwogu both from Eleme axis should be chosen, to give the Ogonis a sense of belonging in the state.
Ijaws have ruled old Rivers State. Ogonis are about the only Bloc not to have tasted power in the state.
Bro Felix is from ONELGA! He’s from omoku axis.
Both Olaka Nwogu and Kamalu unfortunately aren’t considered Ogoni enough (if you know what I mean). The truth is that the power will still be retained in Igboid Rivers!!

2 Likes

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by nextdoor84(m): 3:41pm On Apr 16, 2022
Igboid:

You this Igbophobic impostor.
You are only angry because the Ekpeye man you quoted is not filled with Igbo hate like you.
Forget the delusional fellow. He should come and let’s show who is more of a Rivers man. Yeye people.
Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by TheTrueSeeker2: 3:55pm On Apr 16, 2022
Hmm...!!
Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by TheTrueSeeker2: 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2022
Rufus Ada-George from Okrika was Governor of Old Rivers State with Peter Odili from ONELGA as deputy Gov. from 1992 to 1993
Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Gozac: 4:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
nextdoor84:

Bro Felix is from ONELGA! He’s from omoku axis.
Both Olaka Nwogu and Kamalu unfortunately aren’t considered Ogoni enough (if you know what I mean). The truth is that the power will still be retained in Igboid Rivers!!
Who are these Igboid Rivers

1 Like

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by nextdoor84(m): 1:41pm On Apr 17, 2022
Gozac:

Who are these Igboid Rivers
Ikwerre, Ekpeye, ogba,oyigbo,omuma-etche,ndoni, egbema, Bonny and opobo!!

6 Likes

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Okwyjesus(m): 2:08pm On Apr 17, 2022
helinues:
Sir Felix has shown interest about being Rivers state governor long time.

Though he has been Wike's buddy for long but I don't know how much popular he is in Rivers state.

He has fallen out with Wike.

2 Likes

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by seanfer(m): 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2022
Igboid:

The Ogoni’s will find it hard to become Governor in Rivers State, reason been that they’re not united, and other tribes in the state did not trust them. Remember what Magnus did in 2019.
Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Kinematics: 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2022
Now let the game begin...
Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Kinematics: 3:49pm On Apr 17, 2022
Igboid:

From the bolded it's quite obvious you know nothing about Rivers, but want to chook mouth for every Rivers matter. Ipig miscreant!

3 Likes

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Kinematics: 3:49pm On Apr 17, 2022
nextdoor84:

Ikwerre, Ekpeye, ogba,oyigbo,omuma-etche,ndoni, egbema, Bonny and opobo!!

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Kinematics: 3:51pm On Apr 17, 2022
Tranquill:

Thank you. Just ignore the ipig miscreant...

2 Likes

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Kinematics: 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2022
nextdoor84:

This is just your wish. Watch how things will unfold. No need to make noise here...

1 Like

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Igboid: 4:30pm On Apr 17, 2022
Kinematics:

From the bolded it's quite obvious you know nothing about Rivers, but want to chook mouth for every Rivers matter. Ipig miscreant!

Aswana sea pirate.
Dem go soon catch and burn you.
Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Igboid: 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2022
Kinematics:

Thank you.

Land grabbing pirate.
E go soon clear you.

1 Like

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by helinues: 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2022
Okwyjesus:

He has fallen out with Wike.

Really? Is he still not the one managing the Rivers state waste management?
Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Kinematics: 5:44pm On Apr 17, 2022
Igboid:

[s]Aswana sea pirate.
Dem go soon catch and burn you.[/s]

Ipig miscreant. I know you've run away from your SE sh*thole to seek asylum in Rivers. I'm not ready to see rip for you on this forum so please do well to avoid your sh*thole SE especially tomorrow. Your safety is our top most priority.

6 Likes

Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Kinematics: 5:45pm On Apr 17, 2022
helinues:

Really? Is he still not the one managing the Rivers state waste management?

He is still the one in charge of RIWAMA. Doing a shitty job. The pile of rubbish all over Port Harcourt, especially the new style of people dumping refuse at the middle of roads.
Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by helinues: 5:47pm On Apr 17, 2022
Kinematics:

He is still the one in charge of RIWAMA. Doing a shitty job. The the pile of rubbish all over Port Harcourt, especially the new style of people dumping refuse at the middle of roads.

Oh okay.

But how many people are Wike currently having issue with?
Re: Sir Felix Obuah, Sekibo, 10 Others Pick Rivers PDP Governorship Forms by Kinematics: 5:51pm On Apr 17, 2022
helinues:

Oh okay.

But how many people are Wike currently having issue with?

Nothing is clear yet. Uche Secondus is the onlyvisible one currently besides those in APC. No other person has come out openly to show that they are in any form of problem with Wike. I know there are some silent guys who don't really like Wike shaa, but haven't spoken up yet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PENDULUM: The Truth My Fulani Fiends Must Accept By Dele Momodu / Plan In Place To Stop Tinubu From Getting 25% In The North-naja’atu / Yoruba Twitter User Lists Out Omo Ales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.