Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) (19736 Views)

First Presidential Jet Lands At Anambra Int'l Airport (Photos) / Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) / Delay At ATM Saves Man From Ghastly Motor Accident In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 14, 2022
The problem is our airports aren’t as welcoming, the heat will make you angry. If our airport was turned into an experience as opposed to just come and go people will wait gladly think of Schiphol even if you spend 2 days you’ll enjoy it in a hotel or even just wonder around like Dubai once I had a layover that was 24 hours they thought I carried drugs lol na soso waka I waka chop chop sleep sleep shop shop.

More varieties of attractions with attractive pricing plus empathy some airline staff need to be kind and be sensitive to demands. Other countries offer you coupons for discounted meals or even free meals it’s all about amenities that’s how you make money offer other things to do while they wait.

Massage parlors, nail parlors even live music helps

Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by CrestMan: 9:14am On Apr 14, 2022
Same thing happened 2 weeks ago when my flight was delayed for almost 6 hours from port Harcourt to Lagos by Arik Air! They kept announcing postponement every 1 hour without remorse!
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by slimmaintenance(m): 9:17am On Apr 14, 2022
Waiitooooooo, after paying 50k, they still delay flights ?

Kawaiiiii
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by uvie66: 9:21am On Apr 14, 2022
Misstittee:
Flight delays not only happen in Nigeria it happens everywhere.
my friend sharrap.....a delay from 0900 am to 0630 pm is ridiculous. We all expect delays maximum two of hours is permissible.

Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by uvie66: 9:23am On Apr 14, 2022
CrestMan:
Same thing happened 2 weeks ago when my flight was delayed for almost 6 hours from port Harcourt to Lagos by Arik Air! They kept announcing postponement every 1 hour without remorse!
All these airlines think don't have any customer service skills

Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by kcowen(m): 9:25am On Apr 14, 2022
Chicastle:
If you like, as a passenger at the Airport destroy as many things you can.. the fact is that at the end you would pay the airport authorities for every single object broken..

Most passengers thinks it’s the airlines that owns the things they see inside the airport .. the only properties that belongs to the airlines are those planes and that small laptops you see them using the rest is not their own so break as you can the security would still grab you and you did pay before flying .. though sometimes it pains what this airlines does but the most annoying thing is that, when you tell Nigerian passengers that the flight was cancelled due to operational reasons they start breaking things but foreigners in Nigeria do not react that way when you tell them instead they ask you when is the available ✈️
You are very right, at MMA2 lagos a passenger broke a glass divider and destroy a cubicle thinking its the airline property, just because a flight was delay due to operational reasons, he was arrested to pay 800k twice the amount of what he destroy, he stared begging that he didn't have such amount and he was detained,immediately boarding commenced and he missed the flight
Naija make una dey try dey patient

Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by uvie66: 9:27am On Apr 14, 2022
Chicastle:
If you like, as a passenger at the Airport destroy as many things you can.. the fact is that at the end you would pay the airport authorities for every single object broken..

Most passengers thinks it’s the airlines that owns the things they see inside the airport .. the only properties that belongs to the airlines are those planes and that small laptops you see them using the rest is not their own so break as you can the security would still grab you and you did pay before flying .. though sometimes it pains what this airlines does but the most annoying thing is that, when you tell Nigerian passengers that the flight was cancelled due to operational reasons they start breaking things but foreigners in Nigeria do not react that way when you tell them instead they ask you when is the available ✈️
Nobody say you shouldn't delay... you delay person for six hours...water you no give, food nor dey

Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by Bigchristo: 9:27am On Apr 14, 2022
BigRocky:
Nigerians won't protest without destroying things undecided
How do you want the protest to have weight without destruction? Violence is what Nigerians understand
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by Coldie(m): 9:31am On Apr 14, 2022
This attitude is naturally in the dna of Nigerians, don’t know y!

Yesterday I went to a restaurant to buy food after I bought a bus ticket. I ordered paid they said it would take 15mins, 30minutes lager food I never see, I went to ask them what happened they said the order machine wasn’t working that they are trying to sort it out, I told them but kitchen is just behind you, that’s when they went and told the kitchen to start preparing food they told me would take only 15miniutes. After I stayed there for 40minutes I left cause I can’t buy another expensive ticket because of small food.

I won’t say anything until when I go there today to eat my food or ask for a refund and they start talking rubbish na then them go know say no be only them dae mad
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by CaptainStephen(m): 9:43am On Apr 14, 2022
Tapout:

This your comment is very annoying.
He is right!

The only difference is other airlines communicate properly the reasons why.

Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by Tapout(m): 9:45am On Apr 14, 2022
CaptainStephen:
He is right!

The only difference is other airlines communicate properly the reasons why.

and where did I say he was wrong??
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 14, 2022

Nothing new
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by BigRocky: 9:51am On Apr 14, 2022
Bigchristo:
How do you want the protest to have weight without destruction? Violence is what Nigerians understand

Lol no be lie sha

Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:52am On Apr 14, 2022
Misstittee:
But passengers get addressed even if it's over the speaker system with an explanation and an apology. A business should not repeatedly delay the same flight and keep her customers in a limbo.
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by Mrbenny001: 10:02am On Apr 14, 2022
... Well I no blame the man a bottle of coke at the airport is #500 grin
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by myike2(m): 10:03am On Apr 14, 2022
Misstittee:

Dullard like you, normalizing something bad!
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by Slymontee: 10:16am On Apr 14, 2022
They are waiting for one Emir whatever to arrive from jihad sponsoring meeting somewhere.
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by goody234: 10:46am On Apr 14, 2022
These airlines don't know the meaning of customer service after 2 hrs they should get immediate refund bloody cowboys ....its good that passengers are being vocal ...they act as if they are doing u a favour upon you paying for the service ..
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by crusufixo(m): 11:11am On Apr 14, 2022
house10s2:
true but do they ignore people like dey are nothing instead giving them update

Plus they take the passengers for granted. Flight delays / postponement has become very common now in the Nigerian aviation industry. The most annoying thing is that they have this mindset that nothing can happen. Which is why I dont blame those passengers for destroying some things.its high time that these people do not take us for granted.
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by dnawah(m): 11:14am On Apr 14, 2022
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by iyke2frankeze: 11:24am On Apr 14, 2022
They are probably waiting for one Northern Emir to board the airplane.
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by Enyimbamercedes: 11:51am On Apr 14, 2022
Blame should be placed solely on the regulators!

The airlines get away lightly with flight delays so they’d delay flights indefinitely and absolutely nothing will happen to them
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by caspersacademy: 11:56am On Apr 14, 2022
Travel to 120 countries visa free with Mauritius passport. You can always reach out for more info.
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by middlebelter(m): 12:15pm On Apr 14, 2022
pyyxxaro:
Don’t worry YAHAYA BELLO enters all these delays would stop cool

You mean to say they will start tracking to their villages because they may not even be able to afford to pay for road transportation?
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by Bimpe29: 12:43pm On Apr 14, 2022
That experience is always bitter in addition to the insensitivity on the part of airline's staff. Alas! No compensation is there for the passengers.
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by gracealonev: 12:45pm On Apr 14, 2022
envoymedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1418050/passengers-angrily-protest-flight-delay-abuja-airport-photos-video/

"...of an airline..."

Keep quiet if you don't have news. The airline no get name, abi?
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by Elioandrew: 1:10pm On Apr 14, 2022
MathewOG:
Come to think of it, the 1990’s is better than the present.

Are we progressing or retrogressing
we are re-retrogressing. Once upon a time, there was a country called Nigeria... Coming soon.
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by Prince001(m): 1:56pm On Apr 14, 2022
Misstittee:

But they need to inform the passengers and plead for their patience! Funniest thing to me is how una quick to compare Nigeria with other countries. The other countries have stable electricity but Naija don't have!!!!!
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by Segzy19: 2:49pm On Apr 14, 2022
Be reasonable! Flight delay happens worldwide but with decent explanation and fair treatment of passengers. Not like the frequent shit that happens in Nigeria Everytime where people are taken for a ride
Misstittee:
Re: Passengers Angrily Protest Flight Delay At Abuja Airport (Photos, Video) by kachiugwu: 3:17pm On Apr 14, 2022
I am the Ubaka you saw in the video and I am here to give account of what happened yesterday at the Abuja Airport.
For those that criticized our actions there, I only pray you experience such thing and more so you can ask for forgiveness from people that was affected.

First of all, I didn't destroy any gadget(s) at the Airport as reported by some newspapers and blogs and I want to say this categorically that if there is any video of me destroying anything there, please feel free to share it here or any other blog.
We only protested when we saw that the management of Max Airline were not saying anything or reasons since they started shifting the flight to Lagos from 11:00am - 11:45am - 1:15pm - 4:15pm - 6:30am and these shifting was on emails which some people didn't even receive.
It was exactly 6:55pm that we decided to start the protest there and two guys there broke a table and nothing more. I don't know where the whole story of destroying gadgets emanated from (false and fake news flies more, so am not surprised) . I am still emphasizing, if there is any video of me destroying any Max Airline gadget(s) or FAAN property, please feel free to share it. There are CCTV cameras at the Airport and they can go back and check... If I really destroyed anything, I am so sure I would have been arrested at the airport immediately, so everyone should get that straight...
We finally left the Airport at 7:45pm that is when the airline saw the chaos around the airport.
We landed Lagos International Airport by 8:30pm with my wife and three kids. Got into the usual Lagos traffic and arrived my destination by 12:05am the following day. What's the difference between going by road and this?
Now after this whole drama of yesterday, you are free to judge me for my action(s).

Now, I also want to state this categorically to those people condemning whatever act you felt happened at the Airport yesterday.
Many of us there had serious appointments in Lagos (not just the Easter celebration). I was suppose to meet someone by 4pm in Lagos for a deal and imagine what Max Airline has made me loose. If in a sane environment, I would have sued them for so many things. Mind you, this is not the first time, Max Airline is doing this to me. I had the same experience when I was traveling to Portharcourt in December and they went away with it.
So please before you pass any judgment on anyone, please kindly put yourself in the same position..
Thank you.

*Copied and pasted on behalf of Ubaka.*

Kaduna Immigration Office Has No Booklets: The Nigeria System About To Fail Me / Condition Of Ejigbo Roads. / Air Nigeria To Take Off April 2022 – Hadi Sirika