Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters (5674 Views)

INEC ‘Disqualifies’ 21 Of 40 PDP Assembly Candidates In Lagos / Just In INEC Disqualifies Obaseki From Primary / INEC Disqualifies 14 Political Parties For Kogi, Bayelsa Gov Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by press9jatv: 7:13am On Apr 14, 2022
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared the registration of 88,630 new voters in Osun State as invalid.

The development comes weeks to the gubernatorial election in Osun. The polls will be held on Saturday, July 16, 2022.

According to data presented by the commission at a media briefing on Wednesday, 218,142 new voters have been registered in Osun, out of which 129,512 were valid, 88,630 were invalid.

This number, the electoral umpire stated, represents 40.6% of the new voters who completed their registrations.

Speaking at the briefing, Mahmood Yakubu, INEC chairman, said invalid registration was recorded in all the States across the country.

According to him, out of the 2,523,458 new registrations across the country, 1,126,359, representing approximately 45%, were invalid.

Yakubu said only 1,390,519 of new voter registrations are valid.

“The troubling issue of invalid registration still persists, which we detected while cleaning up the latest registration data.

“It seems that many registrants, either out of ignorance that they do not need to re-register if they had done so before, or a belief that our systems will not detect this infraction, have gone out to register again.

“This is despite repeated warnings by the commission against this illegal action. In addition, there are also registrants whose data were incomplete and did not meet our business rules for inclusion in the register.

“This infraction happened in all States of the federation. No State is immune from it. These invalid registrations will not be included in the register of voters. This development is worrisome because of the time and resources expended in handling these cases.”

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/14/osun-guber-polls-inec-disqualifies-over-88000-voters/

Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by SocialJustice: 7:51am On Apr 14, 2022
OK, this provides a lot of clarity. Nigerians are very stubborn but will listen by force. I hope those underage almajiri voters in the North have been removed from the register?

2023 will be Nigeria's best election since democracy returned.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by Penguin2: 7:54am On Apr 14, 2022
Does it not simply show that INEC is not doing enough voter education so that people can be adequately aware of what they are actually supposed to do?

I went on their website to institute relocation of my PVC and I couldn’t complete it because the site was asking for images or whatever I know I can’t provide and I had to abandon the process.

Again, my name was not highlighted on the website, so I couldn’t edit my name if I wanted to.

Junk!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by Validated: 7:57am On Apr 14, 2022
INEC should publish their names by State, LGAs, and Wards so that they are totally disqualified for dishonesty and fraud.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by LiamNG: 9:01am On Apr 14, 2022
Get a chance to work and earn 1 Million Naira by just working from home

Offering :

Earn 1 Million Naira writing articles working from home

This project is flexible for full time workers. Just 3-4 hours of work activity per day is all you need to do this

Hurry up and apply today

Send in your application via WhatsApp to 0-7-0-5-4-0-1-1-4-5-4

It's strictly on first come,first serve basis.

Good Luck
Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by iCauseTrouble: 9:01am On Apr 14, 2022
grin
Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by DonCortino: 9:02am On Apr 14, 2022
SocialJustice:
OK, this provides a lot of clarity. Nigerians are very stubborn but will listen by force. I hope those underage almajiri voters in the North have been removed from the register?

2023 will be Nigeria's best election since democracy returned.

Inec today is an arm of apc.

The best election still remains 2011 election. I hope you are right on your prediction.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by mooremoney(m): 9:02am On Apr 14, 2022
If only they will do same in the north. All those underage boys and girls that comes out to vote. This country is shit though

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by Tboymessiah(m): 9:03am On Apr 14, 2022
NasoLifeBe!!!

How ever, can someone change his name on PVC

1 Like

Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by Desmond2011(m): 9:04am On Apr 14, 2022
R
Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by ThinkSmarter: 9:04am On Apr 14, 2022
The Application should have been designed to trigger of a prompt response that the applicant details is already in the database.
Thus preventing database redundancy.
A database system that is not able to tackle data Redudancy is a flawed system.
BVN database is a good example of a non redundant Database
application.
And it is very bad that with all the huge budget and manpower at INEC's disposal, they can't come up with a good working system.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by Ademola47(m): 9:08am On Apr 14, 2022
They should keep disqualifying people that don't believe in the system before. By next year, maybe about 90% of people would have been disqualified.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by Anwons(m): 9:09am On Apr 14, 2022
Ai least......
Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by Shetemi12(m): 9:12am On Apr 14, 2022
When Tinubu said Voter cards are to be redone. Alot of dummy people including INEC officials said he is wrong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by SocialJustice: 9:22am On Apr 14, 2022
DonCortino:

Inec today is an arm of apc.

The best election still remains 2011 election. I hope you are right on your prediction.
Why do you think INEC is an arm of APC?

You can't compare any election to 2023 except 1993 election. INEC has been given legal backing to enforce one man one vote, just like the popular Option A. This time they are using technology to do enforcement. No emotions or human interference involved.
Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by Readability: 9:26am On Apr 14, 2022
Penguin2:
Does it not simply show that INEC is not doing enough voter education so that people can be adequately aware of what they are actually supposed to do?

I went on their website to institute relocation of my PVC and I couldn’t complete it because the site was asking for images or whatever I know I can’t provide and I had to abandon the process.

Again, my name was not highlighted on the website, so I couldn’t edit my name if I wanted to.

Junk!
That's not true, the process is quite simple and straightforward. Just take a picture of yourself as required, and then proceed to relocate your polling unit. It's very easy unless you are not willing to do it.

1 Like

Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by airsaylongcome: 9:30am On Apr 14, 2022
ThinkSmarter:
The Application should have been designed to trigger of a prompt response that the applicant details is already in the database.
Thus preventing database redundancy.
A database system that is not able to tackle data Redudancy is a flawed system.
BVN database system is a good DBMS
And it is very bad that with all the huge budget and manpower at INEC's disposal, they can't come up with a good working system.

BVN DB is not a DBMS. MySQL or Oracle 21c or whatever it was built on is THE DBMS.

But you made very valid points about the system needing to check that the registrants biometrics are not on the system before capturing a new one

1 Like

Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by linohlex: 9:49am On Apr 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

BVN DB is not a DBMS. MySQL or Oracle 21c or whatever it was built on is THE DBMS.

But you made very valid points about the system needing to check that the registrants biometrics are not on the system before capturing a new one
boss good morning will love to chat u up for something important, plz kindly email me at johnpaulcmba@gmail.com or WhatsApp 08036269488. Big thanks
Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by Olisehinnocent: 10:48am On Apr 14, 2022
I face the same thing when I want to edit my name. So annoying
Penguin2:

Junk!
Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by airsaylongcome: 11:24am On Apr 14, 2022
linohlex:
boss good morning will love to chat u up for something important, plz kindly email me at johnpaulcmba@gmail.com or WhatsApp 08036269488. Big thanks

Find a dead thread I'm on and drop whatever you want to ask there
Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by ThinkSmarter: 11:45am On Apr 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Thank you for the correction
Re: Osun Guber Polls: INEC Disqualifies Over 88,000 Voters by HRMK: 12:39pm On Apr 14, 2022
SIMPLE CASE OF POLITICIANS TRYING TO OUTSMART EACH OTHER!

(1) (Reply)

Senator Daduut Inaugurates ICT Centre/e-Library To Boost Learning In Namu / This Man Is A Small God In Lagos (photo) / Pensioners Protesting In Front Of Unity Bank Building, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.