Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao (914 Views)

Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by SSIPON(m): 10:39am On Apr 14, 2022
I recently learnt that apparently Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe that Jesus Christ is God. It's funny how they claim to be Christian when the literal foundation of Christianity is centered on Jesus Christ being God. I never understood the JW cult, I always thought that they were a weird form of "Christians". Yesterday I stopped by at a friend's cybercafe, the guy was not around and I sat down at his desk waiting for him. I saw a Watchtower magazine and I started reading it just out of curiosity and around the first or second page, I saw the words, "JESUS is NOT GOD". Maxindhouse what kind of senile human being does that and still claims to be "Christian"? Clowns grin

2 Likes

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:45am On Apr 14, 2022
SSIPON:
I was today years old when I learnt that apparently Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe that Jesus Christ is God. It's funny how they claim to be Christian when the literal foundation of Christianity is centered on Jesus Christ being God. I never understood the JW cult, I always thought that they were a weird form of "Christians" Clowns grin

Of course Jesus WAS God just as Moses WAS God! Exodus 7:1
That's why Peter could refer to what Moses said about Jesus before the coming of Christ! Act 3:22 compare to Deuteronomy 18:18-19

2 Likes

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by Felimax(m): 10:45am On Apr 14, 2022
SSIPON:
I was today years old when I learnt that apparently Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe that Jesus Christ is God. It's funny how they claim to be Christian when the literal foundation of Christianity is centered on Jesus Christ being God. I never understood the JW cult, I always thought that they were a weird form of "Christians" Clowns grin

It's a very serious issue with them o, don't go there and joke.

They have to craft their own Bible to suit their belief.

It's only in their Bible you see in John book were Christ is referred to as a god.

Very funny people.

2 Likes

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by omoiyamayor(m): 10:47am On Apr 14, 2022
Is Jesus God? When Jesus said I am going to my father place to prepare a place for you, was he talking about himself, don’t make Jesus look like a con artist now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by SSIPON(m): 10:48am On Apr 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

That's why Peter could refer to what Moses said about Jesus before the coming of Christ! Act 3:22 compare to Deuteronomy 18:18-19

Oga answer the question, do you believe that Jesus is God or not?
No where, to the best of my knowledge in the Bible was it mentioned that Moses was God or to be worshipped as God.

3 Likes

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by SSIPON(m): 10:48am On Apr 14, 2022
Felimax:

It's a very serious issue with them o, don't go there and joke.

They have to craft their own Bible to suit their belief.

It's only in their Bible you see in John book were Christ is referred to as a god.

Very funny people.
Clowns.
Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by omoiyamayor(m): 10:49am On Apr 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

so Moses was God too? Lol if God has appeared to us many times in human flesh, people living in next 300 years can also confirm baba Adeboye as God
Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by SSIPON(m): 10:49am On Apr 14, 2022
omoiyamayor:
Is Jesus God? When Jesus said I am going to my father place to prepare a place for you, was he talking about himself, don’t make Jesus look like a con artist now.

What happened to the concept of the Holy Trinity?
Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by omoiyamayor(m): 10:53am On Apr 14, 2022
SSIPON:

What happened to the concept of the Holy Trinity?

The concept of trinity can be compared to Marriage as well, man and woman becoming one yet they are still 2 people involved. Concept is a concept just like government, many people have to come together to form one single government.

1 Like

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by SSIPON(m): 10:54am On Apr 14, 2022
omoiyamayor:

The concept of trinity can be compared to Marriage as well, man and woman becoming one yet they are still 2 people involved. Concept is a concept just like government, many people have to come together to form one single government.
so is Jesus God or not?
Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by omoiyamayor(m): 10:58am On Apr 14, 2022
SSIPON:

so is Jesus God or not?
I don’t believe so, Jesus is Jesus. Most religious practice believe in one God, Jesus is like Christians God ambassador, and the rest religion have theirs.

2 Likes

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by Lizlee: 11:01am On Apr 14, 2022
omoiyamayor:

I don’t believe so, Jesus is Jesus. Most religious practice believe in one God, Jesus is like Christians God ambassador, and the rest religion have theirs.
Are you a Jehovah's witness?
Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by SSIPON(m): 11:03am On Apr 14, 2022
omoiyamayor:

So is Jesus an angel or something?

1 Like

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by omoiyamayor(m): 11:06am On Apr 14, 2022
Lizlee:

Are you a Jehovah's witness?
I have never been, I am just been logical. When Jesus was around he always talked about someone above himself, so why would someone else say he’s number one. You can’t know someone than himself

3 Likes

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by omoiyamayor(m): 11:09am On Apr 14, 2022
SSIPON:

So is Jesus an angel or something?
Lol Jesus was human, funny thing was that he passed through all the human process, birth, growth and death, according to bible angels are not of flesh and God is immortal and invincible, Jesus was mortal and visible. Do you still want to compare God and Jesus?

1 Like

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:18am On Apr 14, 2022
SSIPON:

Oga answer the question, do you believe that Jesus is God or not?
No where, to the best of my knowledge in the Bible was it mentioned that Moses was God or to be worshipped as God.

Jehovah then said to Moses: “See, I have made you like God to Pharʹaoh, and Aaron your own brother will become your prophet! Exodus 7:1 NWT

And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. Holy Bible!

Exodus 7:1 Then the LORD said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet. NIV

And the Lord said to Moses, “See, I make you as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet. RSV

Are you OK now? smiley

1 Like

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:19am On Apr 14, 2022
omoiyamayor:
so Moses was God too? Lol if God has appeared to us many times in human flesh, people living in next 300 years can also confirm baba Adeboye as God

All you need is a study of the Bible! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by omoiyamayor(m): 11:27am On Apr 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The bible started with Genesis and Ended with revelations, but life is way beyond that, it was written ages back but life is still existing, God is still existing,bible only covers about the Israelites and Europeans with a bit of Middle East, but during that period there were Indians, Africans Chinese and many other place which the bible didn’t made mention of and they all were serving God but in different ways.

1 Like

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:29am On Apr 14, 2022
omoiyamayor:

The bible started with Genesis and Ended with revelations, but life is way beyond that, it was written ages back but life is still existing, God is still existing,bible only covers about the Israelites and Europeans with a bit of Middle East, but during that period there were Indians, Africans Chinese and many other place which the bible didn’t made mention of and they all were serving God but in different ways.

1 Like

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by omoiyamayor(m): 11:35am On Apr 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Jehovah then said to Moses: “See, I have made you like God to Pharʹaoh, and Aaron your own brother will become your prophet! Exodus 7:1 NWT

And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. Holy Bible!

Exodus 7:1 Then the LORD said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet. NIV

And the Lord said to Moses, “See, I make you as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet. RSV

Are you OK now? smiley

Now I see where the confusion is coming from, God is English word which is commonly use to describe bigger authority but God almighty is what we are talking about here, in Yoruba we say Eledumare, no one has ever been Compared to him. The verses you just quote said I have made you god to Pharaoh, which simply means there’s someone making Moses god, he didn’t make himself. God almighty make Moses god to pharaoh hence he started to do things unimaginable like dropping the rod, God possess Moses at that moment, that doesn’t make Moses God, even your pastors sometimes God fill them with power and they do things unbelievable, that doesn’t make them God. Same goes to jesus, when he said the Lord’s Prayer, he acknowledged a higher authority.

3 Likes

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by SSIPON(m): 11:37am On Apr 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Are you OK now? smiley

You are missing the word, "like".

There is a difference between "like God" and "God".

1 Like

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by SSIPON(m): 11:38am On Apr 14, 2022
omoiyamayor:

Lol Jesus was human, funny thing was that he passed through all the human process, birth, growth and death, according to bible angels are not of flesh and God is immortal and invincible, Jesus was mortal and visible. Do you still want to compare God and Jesus?
Yes. Jesus is a spirit just as the angels are. Now your argument is that He is not God. Then what is He then?

1 Like

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:41am On Apr 14, 2022
omoiyamayor:

Now I see where the confusion is coming from, God is English word which is commonly use to describe bigger authority but God almighty is what we are talking about here, in Yoruba we say Eledumare, no one has ever been Compared to him. The verses you just quote said I have made you god to Pharaoh, which simply means there’s someone making Moses god, he didn’t make himself. God almighty make Moses god to pharaoh hence he started to do things unimaginable like dropping the rod, God possess Moses at that moment, that doesn’t make Moses God, even your pastors sometimes God fill them with power and they do things unbelievable, that doesn’t make them God. Same goes to jesus, when he said the Lord’s Prayer, he acknowledged a higher authority.

EXCELLENT! smiley
Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by omoiyamayor(m): 11:43am On Apr 14, 2022
SSIPON:

Yes. Jesus is a spirit just as the angels are. Now your argument is that He is not God. Then what is He then?
Jesus human, maybe became spirit after death but the Jesus bible talked about was human, I have never been dead before so I don’t know about life after death, God has been in existence before Jesus birth and when Jesus was born he was named Jesus not Holy Spirit not God and he never claimed to be God while living

4 Likes

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:43am On Apr 14, 2022
SSIPON:

You are missing the word, "like".
There is a difference between "like God" and "God".

Like God and God means the same thing.
Because the title "GOD" simply connotes authority and since Moses and Jesus were given the authority they're like Gods when they both walked the earth.

That's why Peter could compare Jesus to Moses! Act 3:22 wink

1 Like

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by SSIPON(m): 11:49am On Apr 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Because the title "GOD" simply connotes authority and since Moses and Jesus were given the authority they're like Gods when they both walked the earth.

So your argument is that Jesus is merely given and authority and He is not actually God?
Do you believe in the concept of trinity?
Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by SSIPON(m): 11:50am On Apr 14, 2022
omoiyamayor:
Jesus human, maybe became spirit after death

I thought Jesus came down from heaven and became human? What was He before he became human?
Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by omoiyamayor(m): 11:53am On Apr 14, 2022
SSIPON:

I thought Jesus came down from heaven and became human? What was He before he became human?
how did Jesus came from heaven lol, the lady Mary was with Jesus pregnancy and he was given birth to like you and me, so how did he stepd down from heaven, I have heard pilgrims go to Israel but the town Jesus land when he descended from heaven was never on their list, what are you talking about brethren.
Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by SSIPON(m): 11:55am On Apr 14, 2022
omoiyamayor:
how did Jesus came from heaven lol.

You have obviously not read the Nicene creed

I believe in one God,

the Father almighty,

maker of heaven and earth,

of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,

the Only Begotten Son of God,

born of the Father before all ages.

God from God, Light from Light,

true God from true God,

begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;

through him all things were made.

For us men and for our salvation

he came down from heaven,

and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,

and became man.

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,

he suffered death and was buried,

and rose again on the third day

in accordance with the Scriptures.

He ascended into heaven

and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory

to judge the living and the dead

and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,

who proceeds from the Father [and the Son],

who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,

who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.

I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins

and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead

and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by omoiyamayor(m): 11:57am On Apr 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

have you watched the movie “ Like Mike “ it was Bow wow feeling like Mike Jordan because he played with Jordan’ sneaker. But he was never Micheal Jordan, he could dunk easily because of the Jordan sneaker, when he tried new sneakers he failed. Like God and God is not the same, work on your English brethren

1 Like

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:01pm On Apr 14, 2022
SSIPON:

So your argument is that Jesus is merely given and authority and He is not actually God?

Jesus himself said he was GIVEN the authority! Matthew 28:18
So that's what the real Jesus of the Bible said! smiley
SSIPON:

Do you believe in the concept of trinity?

Can you quote where TRINITY is found written in the Bible? smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Jehovah's Witnesses Don't Believe That Jesus Is God? Lmao by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:03pm On Apr 14, 2022
omoiyamayor:
have you watched the movie “ Like Mike “ it was Bow wow feeling like Mike Jordan because he played with Jordan’ sneaker. But he was never Micheal Jordan, he could dunk easily because of the Jordan sneaker, when he tried new sneakers he failed. Like God and God is not the same, work on your English brethren

It's the same my friend, the only difference is that while the title GOD can be used to describe anyone having authority the title ALMIGHTY belongs to just one person! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hearing The Voice Of God / Green Pasture Parish Of Rccg Ojodu. / Saturday Or Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.