Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,370 members, 7,861,020 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:11 PM

Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO (48526 Views)

Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey Will Never Let Finland & Sweden Join NATO / Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) / Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Trentee4eva: 4:30pm On Apr 14, 2022
[quote author=richeeyo post=111944261][/quote]
The numbers of bombs Russia used in a month in Ukraine's invasion is not up to the number of bombs US used in Iraq in a single day and 700,000 Iraqis died in that war compared to the low number of deaths in Ukraine. What other facts are you looking for?
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Judolisco(m): 4:31pm On Apr 14, 2022
Rahkman:
Nuke wey una no fit use,,, all na capping no country dey fear russia again ,Sweden and finland go join nato and Russia no fit do anything about am
Na so una use mouth take push Ukraine...

2 Likes

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by pansophist(m): 4:31pm On Apr 14, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Where did this so called promise and agreement take place who signed it?

Has Russia adhered to its own promise to Ukraine that made Ukraine give up its nukes to Russia

Ukraine didn't uphold its own end of the agreement either. It talks about plans of creating its own WMD program, and is in bed with nato, especially when the west sponsored a coup that overthrown a democratically elected president that was neutral to Russia.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by pansophist(m): 4:32pm On Apr 14, 2022
DukeNija:

So it’s no longer Ukraine? Now Sweden and Finland. At what point will Russia respect other sovereignties? Well the die is cast. You can’t threaten and invade non NATO countries and expect others to sit and watch. Russia literally pushed Sweden and Finland into NATO’s open arms. For every action, there’s an equal and opposite repercussion.

I agree with you.

But the problem is that the US is using nato as a instrument of hegemony. Thats the beef Russia has.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by RolexOfGeneva(m): 4:34pm On Apr 14, 2022
richeeyo:
USA invaded Iraq during the time of Saddam, when Iraq was the 4th largest army in world, his army,airforce ,was conquered in 4days
No threat of nuke against Iraq then
The Almighty Russia they threaten countries that don't even rank 25th in the world with Nukes grin grin
At this point The west would make sure Russia is behind the world 30years
How many of you have ever held a made in Russia product.
Russia is has been leaving in the soviet era glory
Honestly without nukes
Those Yankees and their marines can take over Moscow in a week
Iraq has never been 4th largest army in the world. Pls stop these unnecessary lies.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Magnoliaa(f): 4:34pm On Apr 14, 2022
proprince:
Russia is a joke.

Can all of you supporting Russia now see that they are threat to their neighbours?

Any small thing dem go mention NUKES.

this is an abuse of NUKES

#Justice4Nukes #SaveNukesFromPutin #NukesUseMatter cheesy
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by olawonder(m): 4:34pm On Apr 14, 2022
Magnoliaa:

So let me get this, the world needs (Russia's) natural resources, but the world doesn't need (Russia's) products?

You cannot deny the fact that both economic might and military might are important to a country's power and hold. Even the bolded proves that. Russia sells things to other countries, and it uses that money to build itself, its sectors. That's an economic advantage and need there. So you cannot support Russia's trading with other countries and still talk down on products made in other countries as useless and unwanted.

If you think military might alone is the be all and end of a country's achievements and potential, I sure hope then that Russia doesn't focus on other non-military areas like education, culture, agriculture and even foreign relations with other countries.

The ‘made in Russia’ statement is what I responded to… I don’t think the Russians are obsessed the same way the US, Europeans or China are towards ditching out products to prove how powerful a nation Russia is (that’s my opinion). Trading commodities and inter-relations with other countries are already standard practices. That the US will just walk in on Russia, a nuclear power within a week is what I was trying to refute as a fallacy, that’s all
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by pansophist(m): 4:35pm On Apr 14, 2022
roomus:
Hope u Kno that the NATO excuse Russia is using is bollocks...Russia invaded Ukraine years ago and annexed the Crimea region, Russia invaded Georgia as well....let's not pretend like ukraine 2022 invasion was d first time..

The earlier smaller countries join NATO the better for them.

Only after there were plans to quickly integrate Ukraine after the west supported a coup to overthrow a democratically elected president for a pro western one, and also install their bases in the black sea, cutting Russia off it.

Also, don't call it annexed, that's a wrong term. The people of crimea, voted to accede to Russia, and the majority won. Is democracy not beautiful?

1 Like

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by dappydozzy(m): 4:35pm On Apr 14, 2022
richeeyo:
USA invaded Iraq during the time of Saddam, when Iraq was the 4th largest army in world, his army,airforce ,was conquered in 4days
The Almighty Russia they threaten countries that don't even rank 25th in the world with Nukes grin grin
Honestly without nukes

It is normal to deploy nukes to the Baltics, if those countries join NATO, in order to balance the equation, the US also did it during the Cuban missile crisis of 1962,deploying tactical nuclear missiles to Turkey, which was a NATO member, Talking about production, Russia produces industrial goods, fertilizer, construction of steel plants, space technology and nuclear science. They help and cooperate with other countries to develop these technologies. You are supposed to ask yourself why is the War in Ukraine disrupting the global economy, it is just a matter of time if the war continues, there will be a global energy and food crisis. The US also suffered losses during the Iraqi war a lot of Marines were killed by booby traps and IEDs. The fact that u don't use consumer electronics made in Russia or car made in Russia doesn't mean Russia is not an industrial power, every country has its own comparative advantage.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by HenryWilliams(m): 4:35pm On Apr 14, 2022
Awoleesu:

That is because you don't know these two countries...

Finland has a superb cyber technology that can knock out some communication gadgets of Russians within a snap of the fingers.

Sweden, those ones look very easy and calm, but trust me, they hold the ace in solar radiative combustion technology! They can use even wastes to create weapons! Ask North Korea...

That s what y'all said about Ukraine.. see what's left of them?
Stop hyping all these countries to face Russia.. the end will be the same..

1 Like

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by olympianares: 4:36pm On Apr 14, 2022
Really funny

In reality, Putin's like " I'll invade you ,if you dont join NATO"

Finland and Sweden will Join NATO and
Putin won't cough

Na only am get craze for head??

Do you think if Ukraine was a NATO nation before now Russia would have invaded?

Like I said the irony of this is that Putin is just telling the other non members to Join NATO or risk invasion
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by od501: 4:36pm On Apr 14, 2022
richeeyo:
Honestly without nukes

Have the US fought in 3 to 4 fronts before?
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Owen247: 4:38pm On Apr 14, 2022
richeeyo:

Make i send you data
na u give me d one i dey use atm? U wan claim say u get 5mb on data saver abi?
cheap/audio data,use am educate urself 1st. Use am pull urself out of d pit of brain gay.

if e sure 4 u,carry dat ur 5mb take browse out dat ur point, screenshot am, carry am post 4 hia make we see am.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Contekbbc: 4:40pm On Apr 14, 2022
grin
Ok
richeeyo:

If my slumbers are reality of history
Then your reality is a scene from Disney
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by malel1: 4:41pm On Apr 14, 2022
Help2020:
Russia is a supper power just like U.S.. Can't U.S respect them by stopping this NATO expansion? What does US stand to gain if World war break out?There will be no winner in a war fought with nukes,why not avoid this with everything possible?

Used to be a super power, russia is nothing without nukes.

U should ask urself why the countries beside russia are joining Nato ?

Black man and there poor brain
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by bakar007: 4:44pm On Apr 14, 2022
plaindealer:

Is it not dumb and foolish to fire nukes are your doorstep? Are you not going to poison and kill your own people too with radiation?

Btw, firing nukes is a suicide mission because when you fire nukes, many more from other countries are heading your way... it's called NAD, mutual assumed destruction.

.....too many kids in NL.
Too much movies and online comics is making you believe you re more sensitive than those making military decisions for Russia Abi , Finland nor Sweden would want NATO to ever think of attacking Russia through their side of the border when they know Russia 's nukes is pointing at them which no response time can save them. Try get sense small before you dey talk of kids for nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by solexyy: 4:44pm On Apr 14, 2022
I NO DEY UNDERSTAND SOME PEOPLE. WEN RUSSIA MENTION NUKES, DIA BODY GOT DEY HOT. EVEN BROCK LESNAR DEY USE ONLY SUPLEX CITY FIGHT BUT IM DEY WIN MATCHES COZ NA IM FINISHING MOVE BE DAT. NUKES NA RUSSIA FINISHING MOVE TOO.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by WATCHOVER(m): 4:46pm On Apr 14, 2022
79733139:

Bottom line is so many countries can produce it in a time of war and Russia wouldn't get any financial benefits from that.
They still get from licensing
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Help2020: 4:48pm On Apr 14, 2022
malel1:

Used to be a super power, russia is nothing without nukes.

U should ask urself why the countries beside russia are joining Nato ?

Black man and there poor brain
Nan u remove then from supper power?

2 Likes

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by kingthreat(m): 4:49pm On Apr 14, 2022
Owen247:

na now i confam say u be clown.

Please prove I am a clown with facts. Not with sentiments. Let your family be proud of you for once that you can intelligently hold an argument with facts and not insult people like you were cursed.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by kingthreat(m): 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
railone:

what did Napoleon and Hitler do?

you do know there's a big difference between invade and occupy right

"Successfully invade"
Read my statement again.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by linearity: 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
Ohislee:
If US truly wants world peace, they should start by disbanding all military alliances like NATO.

Military alliance are like cult groups. An attack on one is an attack all and this is a threat to non members of such alliance.

As an individual, I don't know how you will feel if your next door neighbour, joins a deadly cult group that are your one time enemy. This means, they can start having their meetings next door. The slightest misunderstanding with your neighbour, becomes a misunderstanding with the entire cult group. I believe this is what Russian is trying to avoid.

Aside this, cult groups give rise to other cult group. Most people join this groups for protection. This can also be said for military alliances. It would give rise to rival military alliance.

NATO is a cult. Russian is within their right to defend itself from cultist.

You forgot to add that, Russia itself applied to join this same cult group aka NATO and was rejected.

What is your business with what your neighbor does, if you were a good neighbor they would have want to be your friend, instead of seeking friendship from afar off.

Look into your bad behavior that is constantly making all of your neighbors not to be friends with you, and work on those behaviors instead of forcing them via nuke not to be friends with someone else, that is what a rejected and obsessive ex will do.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Owen247: 4:52pm On Apr 14, 2022
solexyy:
I NO DEY UNDERSTAND SOME PEOPLE. WEN RUSSIA MENTION NUKES, DIA BODY GOT DEY HOT. EVEN BROCK LESNAR DEY USE ONLY SUPLEX CITY FIGHT BUT IM DEY WIN MATCHES COZ NA IM FINISHING MOVE BE DAT. NUKES NA RUSSIA FINISHING MOVE TOO.
u be correct gee,chop knucle jhoor.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by nijanigga: 4:53pm On Apr 14, 2022
Owen247:
and who taught u d meanin of dictator? Jxt asking sha.

so if i tell u [am a stranger] dat ur fada is to authoritative,u wud believe me abi?
gaddafi was seekin ways 4 nations to use dia national currency instead of usd for foreign trade,unifiaction of africa, arab nations wit isreal as a threat and usa killed him. And wot is d end result:
-distablization of libya
-fall of libyan currency[ have always been d strongest in africa,even rivalin usd]
-terror grps spreading 4rm libya to sahel,sub saharan,saharan and horn of africa.
-untold hardship 4 libyans
-libyan refugees regected in europe,usa.
etc etc

nw isnt it more harm dan gud?
E be like say them torture you for Libya, so tey you carry Libya matter for head like this,forgetting the wahala for naija

1 Like

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by babadee1(m): 4:53pm On Apr 14, 2022
dawnomike:
NATO quest for expansion against Russia is a triggering point to future confrontations for Eastern European countries

If Russia behaved itself nobody would be talking about NATO expansion now. The fault lies with Putin.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by richeeyo(m): 4:55pm On Apr 14, 2022
dappydozzy:

It is normal to deploy nukes to the Baltics, if those countries join NATO, in order to balance the equation, the US also did it during the Cuban missile crisis of 1962,deploying tactical nuclear missiles to Turkey, which was a NATO member, Talking about production, Russia produces industrial goods, fertilizer, construction of steel plants, space technology and nuclear science. They help and cooperate with other countries to develop these technologies. You are supposed to ask yourself why is the War in Ukraine disrupting the global economy, it is just a matter of time if the war continues, there will be a global energy and food crisis. The US also suffered losses during the Iraqi war a lot of Marines were killed by booby traps and IEDs. The fact that u don't use consumer electronics made in Russia or car made in Russia doesn't mean Russia is not an industrial power, every country has its own comparative advantage.
I totally agree with ur inputs cool
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Zane2point4(m): 4:55pm On Apr 14, 2022
dawnomike:
NATO quest for expansion against Russia is a triggering point to future confrontations for Eastern European countries

Coward,shame, so u dont belong to any club?
Be it football club or social club?
What is wrong with freedom of association?
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Owen247: 5:00pm On Apr 14, 2022
nijanigga:

E be like say them torture you for Libya, so tey you carry Libya matter for head like this,forgetting the wahala for naija

ahh,my gee. No be me and u being dey d same concentration camp for libya,i sabi wen dem torture u to stupor,sotey ur brain knock.
me no fit 4 u na,na u dey cell dey cry up n down every nite naa.

i get una tym small today sha.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by lawrenzooo: 5:01pm On Apr 14, 2022
Ohislee:
If US truly wants world peace, they should start by disbanding all military alliances like NATO.

Military alliance are like cult groups. An attack on one is an attack all and this is a threat to non members of such alliance.

As an individual, I don't know how you will feel if your next door neighbour, joins a deadly cult group that are your one time enemy. This means, they can start having their meetings next door. The slightest misunderstanding with your neighbour, becomes a misunderstanding with the entire cult group. I believe this is what Russian is trying to avoid.

Aside this, cult groups give rise to other cult group. Most people join this groups for protection. This can also be said for military alliances. It would give rise to rival military alliance.

NATO is a cult. Russian is within their right to defend itself from cultist.

May be I should remind you that NATO was actually formed to help it members defend themselves against the old USSR.
That your narrative does not fit well. Your neighbour joined a cult group because you were oppressing and bullying them.

Russia annexation of Crimea was a clear violation of the 1994 Budapest Agreement, of which Russia was a signatory to. Russia, US and the UK offered to protect the Ukrainian and on the basis of that Ukraine, Kazakhstan and one other country gave up their nuclear weapon. Russia have a genuine concern but then again Ukraine only started to consider joining NATO after the 2014 annexation of Crimea by Russia.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Owen247: 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2022
kingthreat:

Please prove I am a clown with facts. Not with sentiments. Let your family be proud of you for once that you can intelligently hold an argument with facts and not insult people like you were cursed.
na u start d insults na,all of una wey no fit argue witout insultin people.
by d way my family dey proud of me pass ur own family sha.

Now wen u said u watch usa invade iraq on tv na only usa servicemen u see 4 dat black n white tv abi. U no see nato and uk servicemen uniform too abi?

lass lass ur own family no go even dey proud abt u one bit, if dem sabi say u miss dat kain picture.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Tiana06(f): 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2022
HonNL:
Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7076425/finnish-swedish-leaders-hold-joint#111903903

Russia will beef up security along its Western borders if Sweden and Finland join NATO and there would be no more talk of a nuclear-free Baltic, Deputy Chairman of the Security Council of Russia and former Russia President (2008-2012), Dmitry Medvedev wrote on his Telegram channel on Thursday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86gj8o3BDvY

SOURCE

The Baltic Sea is an arm of the Atlantic Ocean, enclosed by Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Sweden and the North and Central European Plain.

Finland gained independence from Russia in 1917 and fought two wars against it during World War Two during which it lost some territory to Moscow.

Sweden has not fought a war for 200 years and post-war foreign policy has focused on supporting democracy internationally, multilateral dialogue and nuclear disarmament.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by railone(m): 5:16pm On Apr 14, 2022
kingthreat:

"Successfully invade"
Read my statement again.

Definition of invade:
- To move into
- To enter by force
- To attack, to infringe, to encroach on,
- To violate

Did Napoleon and Hitler not do all that?
How far was the Germans from Moscow, where was Stalingard??

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Is Mugabe Sleeping At Graduation Ceremony Of Zimbabwe Open University? (Pics) / Winnie Mandela At Her 80th Birthday Dinner (Photos) / Russian Soldiers Are Like Zombies, Hard To Kill & Tireless - Ukrainian Soldier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.