Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

How Nigeria Changes The Future Of It's Youths - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Nigeria Changes The Future Of It's Youths (416 Views)

UTME: JAMB Speaks On Parents, Others Making Changes To Candidates' Profile / See How Nigeria Scattered Libya / ASUU: We Have Had A Enough Of Toying With The Future Of Students -aruna Kadiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigeria Changes The Future Of It's Youths by Naijatask: 4:30pm On Apr 14, 2022
I'm in my early 20s and this topic of discussion has been bothering my mind for years.

Nigeria as a country, has always changed the future of the youths even though the parents do contribute.

Ever since i saw an internet enabled mobile phone, I promised myself I'll become a computer scientist.

After writing waec and jamb, I cheerfully applied to study for Computer science in a federal university.

And guess what? I was offered a different course entirely different from what I applied for.

Due to the pressure from my parents, I accepted the course I was offered.

5years down the line (I'm in my final year), I still can't get fulfilment from my current course of study even though the course is a wonderful course (Estate management and valuation).

I know I'm not the only one here who studied an entirely different course from what they initially applied, since I've seen lots of my friends who applied for civic engineering, and yet saw themselves in one of the departments in the faculty of agriculture.

Do you ever regret not achieving your dream? Or are you happy you did not study the course you applied for?
Re: How Nigeria Changes The Future Of It's Youths by Livesimple: 6:26pm On Apr 14, 2022
It happens atimes
Re: How Nigeria Changes The Future Of It's Youths by LordIsaac(m): 7:55am On Apr 15, 2022
You are correct. Worse still, this is a country where a graduate of electrical engineering gets employed as a bank teller. And, the fellow becomes so comfortable with the job and wants to even show off the proceeds from the job to oppress his mates! This is illiteracy at its peak, I must say. The case of such a fellow simply means, he had no passion for his course, no drive for it, no purpose for it...nothing. He just wasted 5 years of his life doing nothing!
Re: How Nigeria Changes The Future Of It's Youths by Naijatask: 3:31pm On Apr 15, 2022
LordIsaac:
You are correct. Worse still, this is a country where a graduate of electrical engineering gets employed as a bank teller. And, the fellow becomes so comfortable with the job and wants to even show off the proceeds from the job to oppress his mates! This is illiteracy at its peak, I must say. The case of such a fellow simply means, he had no passion for his course, no drive for it, no purpose for it...nothing. He just wasted 5 years of his life doing nothing!

Indeed, the country has pushed lots of youths to study a course just because of the job prospects in the field.

Most of them don't even have passion anymore

(1) (Reply)

ASUU and FG Palava / ASUU Strike: The Fact / The Knowledge Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.