Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike - Foreign Affairs (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike (53885 Views)

Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles / How Ageing Russian Warship Moskva Was Blown Up By Ukrainian ‘neptune’ Missiles / Ukraine Forces Destroy Russian Landing Ship Using Ballistic Missile Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Appleyard(m): 8:54pm On Apr 15, 2022
LordReed:

What is Russia's objective in Ukraine?

To demilitarized and denazify Ukraine.
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by VirileNelly2420: 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2022
immortalcrown:
Chei!
With all these features, Ukraine used a missile to sink it?

The story of David and Goliath is true.
The ship didn't damage o, it's still sailing. I saw d video.
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by MDK777: 9:44pm On Apr 15, 2022
I C This One As A Small Big BLow To Old LuGAge Of Russia . Sir Lord Puttin Try And Give Those Boys Small Hot PePer Sir. I EnJOy Seeing Them (WesternAssLiCKErS) WailInG
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by LordReed(m): 9:49pm On Apr 15, 2022
Appleyard:

To demilitarized and denazify Ukraine.

LoLz! Demilitarize a sovereign nation? Denazify? What does that even mean? Where is the evidence that Ukraine was nazified?
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by plaindealer: 3:36am On Apr 16, 2022
Krismas:
grin If Ukraine is confident about victory in court against Russia, why is she refusing an independent probe about the murder in Bucha? Instead preferring online finger-pointing?

Show us any documented evidence or reporting where Ukraine refused any kind of investigation including independent investigation.

You potin bots just make up your own lies and fabrications just like your oga poutin.

What's my post got to do with this rubbish sef? We are talking about A and this one is talking about B.

It's really torture going back and forth with you poutin errand people..
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Imbecilicsamuel: 3:48am On Apr 16, 2022
Ugosample:

But remember over a dozen countries are donating all sorts of weapons to Ukraine

Longest time. smiley
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by plaindealer: 3:49am On Apr 16, 2022
When dumb and foolish poutin lied that he won't invade Ukraine but did anyway, his apologists rejoiced and predicted a swift victory for the kremlin dullard, they abused and ridiculed Zelensky, but the same Zelenski is slapping the kremlin fake superpower, embarrassing and ridiculing the Moscow clown.

Now the Moscow embarrassment is reduced to firing missiles everywhere, slaughtering civilians and bragging every day about his nuclear weapon that we know he can never use.

The Kremlin olosho just lost his naval pride, a $750 million piece of garbage, it's now sleeping with the fishes under the black sea with hundreds of poor Russian sailors.

Just imagine, Ukraine did not have any serious military 5 weeks ago, but all over the world, Ukraine is a symbol of bravery and courage, a country with fortitude fighting and defeating poutin the fake superpower.

Russia is a grossly overrated poor country with foolish and lousy leaders since the beginning of time and poutin is another foolish, psycho and miserable megalomaniac.

This is his last foolish adventure and invasion of another country, the world must always stop crazy, unbalanced, unhinged and deranged lunatics like poutin.

NATO and more powerful countries couldn't do it, but less powerful small Ukraine is taking care of it. See life..

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by plaindealer: 6:51am On Apr 16, 2022
Krismas:
grin Why den has Ukraine standing alone over the last 100yrs not been able to go to space? Are not known for any tech or great businesses?

Ukraine's little-known space feat

Ukraine has been a major player in the world's space industry since the 1950s. Today it is a top designer and manufacturer of space launch vehicles, rocket engines, spacecraft and electronic components.

The European Space Agency's (ESA) successful rocket family Vega, which recently celebrated its 10th anniversary, has a Ukrainian made rocket engine in its upper stage — the part that detaches from the rocket and then places the payload into the desired orbit.

The Vega launch vehicle is used to launch small payloads, and a newer version, the Vega-C, is currently under development and expected to debut later this year.

Another important rocket family designed by Yuzhnoye is the Zenit, which aimed to replace the outdated, Soviet-era Tsyklon and Soyuz rocket families. After 71 successful launches, the last flight of the Zenit rocket family took off in December 2017.

Since its first flight in the 1960s, the Soyuz family has been the most-used launch vehicle in the world. After the end of the 2011 Space Shuttle and until SpaceX's Falcon 9 mission in 2020, Soyuz rockets were the only approved launch vehicle for sending astronauts to the International Space Station (ISS).

During the Soviet era, Dnipro was one of the main centers for space, nuclear and military industries and played a crucial role in the development and manufacture of ballistic missiles for the USSR.

One of the most powerful intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) used during the Cold War was the R-36, which later became the base of the Tsyklon launch vehicle families. Both the R-36 and the Tsyklon were designed by Yuzhnoye and manufactured by Yuzhmash.

https://www.dw.com/en/ukraines-little-known-space-feats/a-61005697

The sad irony in your post is the fact that Ukraine actually built the capsule that took the Soviet Union to space, they built the Soyuz capsule and even the EU's Vega space rocket.

Ukraine built the Soviet Union's military power including its ballistic missiles.

Without Ukraine, there won't be any superpower Soviet Union, this is why Putin is trying to colonize Ukrain all over again, just to use them to replicate what they did for the Soviet Union.

Rocket Technology is only a mile away from Super Power, this is Putin's fear.

You people really need to read, learn history and follow current affairs before opening your mouth.

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by railone(m): 8:44am On Apr 16, 2022
HBB1:

So you have gone from the Abrams can withstand the Javelin...

To an RPG being able to only derail it ( which is obviously not true)...

To it being destructible, but being able to defend itself.

Of course it can defend itself.
Even if it means maintaining good cover or evasion tactics.

However, for you to beat your chest and say it will 'withstand' a hit from a Javelin is mind-boggling.

Anyways, it is you sha...
Read through your other posts and your obvious attempts at being always right and only right says a lot.

There is confidence and there is arrogance.

Have fun!

I hate doing this shit because I don't know where you guys come out from. If I don't know something and someone that does says a thing and it's true, I just take the lesson and move on but you guys will always double down on your ignorance and try to shift goal post and spin the narrative. Like calm down, I don't even know you. It's a faceless online forum, it doesn't define you.

I clearly stated 3 points and those 3 points weren't wrong or anything.

1) No tank is indestructible.
2) RPGs can't take out MBT because its Armour is too thick except the target specific places which I included the tracks of the tank.

I'm happy the receipt is still on this forum and generations to come will see it.

Below you'll see a photo of a Wiki page collaborate my point.

On Abrams tank, you asked which stand can withstand a javelin and I clearly stated The Abrams, The British and Germany Leopards because of the Trophy AMD produced by Israel.
Did you research what I said to see if I was wrong? No. what did you do instead, spin it around to how no tank is indestructible which I quickly agreed with you.
Again below is a page on the manufacturer site, you can read about the defense system. It's meant to protect tanks from ATGM which includes the javelin.
I even ask you if America and its European allies were stupid enough to install a system that added weight to their tanks that don't work.

All these are here. That you didn't know and I knew somehow makes you feel insecure and you're talking about confidence and arrogance.

Everything I've said on this forum are facts and I am confident in my stand to defend it anywhere. If that is arrogance to you, I don't know what to tell you

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by railone(m): 8:51am On Apr 16, 2022
plaindealer:

The sad irony in your post is the fact that Ukraine actually built the capsule that took the Soviet Union to space, they built the Soyuz capsule and even the EU's Vega space rocket.

Ukraine built the Soviet Union's military power including its ballistic missiles.

Without Ukraine, there won't be any superpower Soviet Union, this is why Putin is trying to colonize Ukrain all over again, just to use them to replicate what they did for the Soviet Union.

You people really need to read, learn history and follow current affairs before opening your mouth.

thank God someone's else knows history and facts.

I stopped replying the guy it became obvious he has no idea about Ukraine history nor the SU. Probably start taking interest after Russia invaded Ukraine..

Watch out tho, he's going to come back and ask you another ridiculous questions
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Krismas(m): 8:52am On Apr 16, 2022
plaindealer:

grin U just making noise. Half education is truly perilous grin YUZHNOYE is a company founded by a RUSSIAN by the name MIKHAIL YANGEL. He was born a native of ZYRYANOVKA and died in MOSCOW. His office was in the present day Ukraine, which at that time was in SOVIET UNION. Present day Ukraine has too many CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE BELONGING TO RUSSIA. Soviet leaders never believed a day will come wen both countries will be separate. So, heavy investments from space, to Nuclear, to elaborate tunnels of pipe and so on were built in Ukraine by RUSSIA. The separation presented a difficulty. How cud Russia own infrastructure in Ukraine? America has sanctioned Russia in every area EXCEPT SPACE. Russia is majorly the one keeping the international space station afloat. Ukraine is nothing
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Themandator: 12:22pm On Apr 16, 2022
Appleyard:

Are you seriously talking about the same US that ran away from Afghanistan in a chaotic faction recently? Wasting 20 years and billions of tax payers money and thousands of lives lost only for same Taliban to take over power?

What nonesense are you yapping? You go to war and you expect you won't lose men and hardware? Who have ever gone to war and didn't lose men and hardware? Answer me.

The US in all its might were beating black and blue in Vietnam, with planes fallen from the skies like flies. No matter how powerful you are, you surely lose men and hardware in wars. Argue like a sensible man.

T-14 is the best tank in the Russian inventory at the moment, but that doesn't mean it's immune to counterattacks or destruction. Even the German Leopard, the best in its prime and time were destroyed left and right by Soviet forces. And who told you it was destroyed by Javelin? Were you among the terrorist? cool

Juxtapose what? If Russia's weapons are not working, how was Assad able to turn the tides around?

Guy, I hope you're not one of these little kids you argue based on emotions devoid of facts and logical reality.

Another one

Russian army is a third world army with good Rockets... . CIA

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by HBB1(m): 12:54pm On Apr 16, 2022
railone:

I hate doing this shit because I don't know where you guys come out from. If I don't know something and someone that does says a thing and it's true, I just take the lesson and move on but you guys will always double down on your ignorance and try to shift goal post and spin the narrative. Like calm down, I don't even know you. It's a faceless online forum, it doesn't define you.

2) RPGs can't take out MBT because its Armour is too thick except the target specific places which I included the tracks of the tank.

I'm happy the receipt is still on this forum and generations to come will see it.

On Abrams tank, you asked which stand can withstand a javelin and I clearly stated The Abrams, The British and Germany Leopards because of the Trophy AMD produced by Israel.
Did you research what I said to see if I was wrong? No. what did you do instead, spin it around to how no tank is indestructible which I quickly agreed with you.
Again below is a page on the manufacturer site, you can read about the defense system. It's meant to protect tanks from ATGM which includes the javelin.
I even ask you if America and its European allies were stupid enough to install a system that added weight to their tanks that don't work.

All these are here. That you didn't know and I knew somehow makes you feel insecure and you're talking about confidence and arrogance.

Everything I've said on this forum are facts and I am confident in my stand to defend it anywhere. If that is arrogance to you, I don't know what to tell you

Don't make me laugh...!

Get insecure because of?
grin

With the things I have achieved in life?
Christ!
grin

You clearly stated in your arrogant manner that don't I know Tanks are 'immune' to RPGs except you can target the 'Track Chain' and disable them.

You said this matter of factly.

However verified stories show that newer RPG models ( although not so new) have penetrated Armour of Abrams, Leopards and Challengers.

The Leopard did so poorly in Syria against less sophisticated weaponry.
( If I may add, I am not sure about you saying British Leopard. Always knew it to be a German Tank)

About the APS, I would not bet my life on it.

Fighter aircraft still get shot down with all the anti-missile Gizmos.
The Iron Dome itself is not absolute.

Besides the top-down attack of the Javelin is very different than the usual.

Truth is until there are verified accounts of the Javelin against the Trophy APS, you can never be sure.

I could be right, you also could be.
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by railone(m): 3:12pm On Apr 16, 2022
HBB1:

Don't make me laugh...!

Get insecure because of?
grin

With the things I have achieved in life?
Christ!
grin

You clearly stated in your arrogant manner that don't I know Tanks are 'immune' to RPGs except you can target the 'Track Chain' and disable them.

You said this matter of factly.

However verified stories show that newer RPG models ( although not so new) have penetrated Armour of Abrams, Leopards and Challengers.

The Leopard did so poorly in Syria against less sophisticated weaponry.
( If I may add, I am not sure about you saying British Leopard. Always knew it to be a German Tank)

About the APS, I would not bet my life on it.

Fighter aircraft still get shot down with all the anti-missile Gizmos.
The Iron Dome itself is not absolute.

Besides the top-down attack of the Javelin is very different than the usual.

Truth is until there are verified accounts of the Javelin against the Trophy APS, you can never be sure.

I could be right, you also could be.

please can you direct me to the verified source that shows RPGs penetrating the armor of a tank.
I did show you my own. And it's base on facts. The armor is just to thick and beyond that new generation of thanks now incorporate ERA into their design. Which is sufficient enough to deflect the already little penetrating force of RPG.

Also, check my first comment, I said British tanks (Challenger), then listed the Leopard differently to show it's not British.
The one you read here is the same only thing missing was "tank" or "'s" ..... I've never said the Leopard was British tank.

At this point you just nitpicking at every single thing to see if I've make a mistake to finally satisfy yourself like "oh! he made a mistake, he doesn't know everything, he's arrogant, yen yen yen".

The Trophy system works, it has seen combat with Israeli tanks. It's effectiveness was tested before the Americans put it on their latest Abrams.

You keep running round in a circle, it's ok that I know what I'm saying, it's not the end of the world.
No system is 100% percent efficient and effective which leads to my #1 point being " no tank is indestructible".
You coming back again to talk about fighter jets being shot down, the Iron dome not being 100% is still the same thing:

Give it a rest bro, now you've learn a thing or two
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by HBB1(m): 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2022
railone:

please can you direct me to the verified source that shows RPGs penetrating the armor of a tank.
I did show you my own. And it's base on facts. The armor is just to thick and beyond that new generation of thanks now incorporate ERA into their design. Which is sufficient enough to deflect the already little penetrating force of RPG.

Also, check my first comment, I said British tanks (Challenger), then listed the Leopard differently to show it's not British.
The one you read here is the same only thing missing was "tank" or "'s" ..... I've never said the Leopard was British tank.

At this point you just nitpicking at every single thing to see if I've make a mistake to finally satisfy yourself like "oh! he made a mistake, he doesn't know everything, he's arrogant, yen yen yen".

The Trophy system works, it has seen combat with Israeli tanks. It's effectiveness was tested before the Americans put it on their latest Abrams.

You keep running round in a circle, it's ok that I know what I'm saying, it's not the end of the world.
No system is 100% percent efficient and effective which leads to my #1 point being " no tank is indestructible".
You coming back again to talk about fighter jets being shot down, the Iron dome not being 100% is still the same thing:

Give it a rest bro, now you've learn a thing or two

Oga!

Google is there for you.

RPGs can and are penetrating Tanks-- Abram, Challenger...
Not all RPGs are as crude as the ones you see in the 3rd World.

Even at that, the primitive ones have still penetrated Tanks.

There are war channels on Youtube-- you can watch Tanks being shot at, even the present war in Ukraine.

The Trophy was documented as being tested against RPGs...
Not the Javelin.
So?

...and I believe it is pretty obvious you cannot compare both-- mechanism, trajectory of flight...
It is a whole different weapon.

Besides the Tanks the Javelin is turning to Soda cans in Ukraine also have APS or don't they.
( at least some of them do).
They have failed miserably against the top-down attack trajectory of the Javelin.

That said , I still read about an American Tank Commander-- someone who has seen action-- talking about how vulnerable an Abram Tank could be.
Without the right tactics, your are screwed.

So who are you?

Besides if you read your comments again, you willl see where you said British Leopard.
(After saying Abrams, British and German Tanks undecided)

I bet you didn't know what the names were before rushing again to Wikipedia or is it Reddit ( whatever your go-to is)

Yeah, I believe you arrogant.
Scratch that...I know you are arrogant.

The way you try to condescend to everybody you talk to shows that.

You are not the only one who reads.

I try to learn from everybody and even though I might know a lot ( or be silly enough to think I do), I am humble to still know I don't know a lot.

Get off your high horse Bruv!
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by railone(m): 6:42pm On Apr 16, 2022
HBB1:

Oga!

Google is there for you.

RPGs can and are penetrating Tanks-- Abram, Challenger...
Not all RPGs are as crude as the ones you see in the 3rd World.

Even at that, the primitive ones have still penetrated Tanks.

There are war channels on Youtube-- you can watch Tanks being shot at, even the present war in Ukraine.

The Trophy was documented as being tested against RPGs...
Not the Javelin.
So?

...and I believe it is pretty obvious you cannot compare both-- mechanism, trajectory of flight...
It is a whole different weapon.

Besides the Tanks the Javelin is turning to Soda cans in Ukraine also have APS or don't they.
( at least some of them do).
They have failed miserably against the top-down attack trajectory of the Javelin.

That said , I still read about an American Tank Commander-- someone who has seen action-- talking about how vulnerable an Abram Tank could be.
Without the right tactics, your are screwed.

So who are you?

Besides if you read your comments again, you willl see where you said British Leopard.
(After saying Abrams, British and German Tanks undecided)

I bet you didn't know what the names were before rushing again to Wikipedia or is it Reddit ( whatever your go-to is)

Yeah, I believe you arrogant.
Scratch that...I know you are arrogant.

The way you try to condescend to everybody you talk to shows that.

You are not the only one who reads.

I try to learn from everybody and even though I might know a lot ( or be silly enough to think I do), I am humble to still know I don't know a lot.

Get off your high horse Bruv!

Smh... you're really something.

go read what I said this time slowly.
Go back to the first comment where I listed them out in point format. I specifically said British tanks, then the next point I said Leopard 2 that may be changed to 3 after the upgrade.

The sentence you keep hammering about because that's the only thing you can hold on to I explained why you may think that way, I was listing the tanks out again like I did the first comment only this time not in points format. I said my error was not putting "tank" or " 's " after British this time around not that I said the Leopard was a British tank.
I could go back to modify it but who cares.

read and understand it will do you a lot of good.

it took years and dedication to get to the high horse so no, I will enjoy it a bit more
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by tommynico(m): 9:39am On Apr 28, 2022
tonididdy:

Pfff.... Beer parlour propaganda.
Same America said they cannot verify if the Ukrainian claims are true.
You don't know what a flagship is, do you?
You think it's a baby you can distract with toys angry

Oga go brush up your skills.

I'm just here to remind you again that some few days back, russia finally opened up that the flagship actually sank, and even if you won't believe it, the ukrainians actually sank it with their neptune antiship missiles.

i wish you a lovely day.
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by HBB1(m): 3:09am On Jul 30, 2023
railone:

How are your Leopard and Challenger Tanks doing with all the APS bullshit?
cheesy

...burning like every other Tank!

cheesy
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by HBB1(m): 9:42pm On Feb 28
railone:

...and there goes your almighty Abrams Tank!

Taken out by a fucking drone!
🤣🤣🤣

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-_MYNfEDog&t=95s&pp=ygUfYWJyYW0gdGFuayBkZXN0cm95ZWQgaW4gdWtyYWluZQ%3D%3D

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Putin Preparing Ukraine’s Ex-president Yanukovych For Zelensky’s Job / Their Military Strength Of Gambia / Sandeep Kumar Sacked As Indian Minister Over Sex Tape With Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.