Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. (1819 Views)

Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? / "Why Manual Cars Are Better Than Automatic Cars" / Ways People Take Revenge On Bad Parking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by fineboynl(m): 4:44am On Apr 15, 2022
Is this normal practice in driving a manual cars or it's a bad practice?

Because I have observe two ways people drive manual cars.

Firstly there are some people who clutch down everytime before applying brake. And I think this is really stressful

But I have seen others who don't clutch down when applying a brake.
This one is really easy and stress free.

Is this a bad practice or is there any effect on the car?

1 Like

Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by gaby(m): 6:21am On Apr 15, 2022
fineboynl:

Firstly there are some people who clutch down everytime before applying brake. And I think this is really stressful

It is good practice when you are approaching say a bump ahead to slow down with a break while clutching down to either disengage the gear for a while or to de-accelerate your engine to a lower gear to enable you start the gear selection and rev aftesh from low to high with that "woo, waaaa, weeeee" sound the engines makes when the gear is selecting.
Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by spinna: 6:53am On Apr 15, 2022
Clutch is for gear change but if vehicle is coming to full stop or needs a gear change then clutch and brake

5 Likes

Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by fineboynl(m): 7:07am On Apr 15, 2022
spinna:
Clutch is for gear change but if vehicle is coming to full stop or needs a gear change then clutch and brake
I know but some people clutch each time they want to apply brake.
Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by utibills(m): 9:36am On Apr 15, 2022
Is anyone available to teach me driving? I reside at toyin ikeja 08021436983
Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by Arysexy(m): 11:46am On Apr 15, 2022
fineboynl:
I know but some people clutch each time they want to apply brake.

That's bad driving. The clutch will burn easily. Only clutch when braking to a halt or change of gear
Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by Gkemz: 1:58pm On Apr 15, 2022
Applying clutch before brake keeps the vehicle from stalling and manual tranny is designed to work like that. Clutch is also engaged before changing gears.
If you get used to it, driving manual becomes fun.

1 Like

Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by Originalsly: 2:27pm On Apr 15, 2022
I think clutch should be applied while driving when changing gear only. Braking doesn't mean clutch must be applied. If driving at 50 mph one needs to change from 3rd to 4th gear .... and at 65 he needs to change from 4th to 5th ... what happens if at 60 he brakes to reduce speed to 55 mph ... why should he engage the clutch when he is in the same 4th gear range ... and will continue driving in the same range? But should he brake at 60 and reduce speed to 45 mph ... then he should clutch and change from 4th to third gear which would be the gear for his new speed. Applying clutch depends on speed after braking.
Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by fabienjoe: 7:56pm On Apr 15, 2022
Gkemz:
Applying clutch before brake keeps the vehicle from stalling and manual tranny is designed to work like that. Clutch is also engaged before changing gears.

You don't always apply clutch while braking. Even if you are coming to a halt, you need to apply the brakes first and apply the clutch only at the point of the car coming to complete stop to avoid stalling, at which point you also change to lower gears or neutral. If you're not coming to a complete stop, you apply the clutch only when you want to change to the appropriate gear.
Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by chidifrank(m): 6:25am On Apr 16, 2022
You brake first when slowing down, clutch down when you what to change to another gear higher or lower and when you are about to come to a complete stop. Braking and pressing brake pedal is for slowing down as with every car be it auto or manual.
Bad practice is when people clutch before braking. It doesn’t work that way
Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by chidifrank(m): 6:27am On Apr 16, 2022
spinna:
Always brake first before clutching if you are about slowing down. Only on an accidental emergency cases you have to brake and clutch almost simultaneously so the car doesn’t Off on you during a proposed accident or hit

1 Like

Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by chidifrank(m): 6:28am On Apr 16, 2022
utibills:
Is anyone available to teach me driving? I reside at toyin ikeja 08021436983
I will teach you with all my heart. Luckily we are on holidays. I will make you a far better manual driver and you will love it. You will see how easy it is and fun filled driving a manual. I still regret selling my manual
Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by chidifrank(m): 6:29am On Apr 16, 2022
Gkemz:
Wrong❌
Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 16, 2022
chidifrank:

I will teach you with all my heart. Luckily we are on holidays. [s]I will make you a far better manual driver and you will love it. You will see how easy it is and fun filled driving a manual.[/s] I still regret selling my manual

Only Suffer Heads People like Nigerians will say Manual Cars are easy and fun filled. "In Nigeria, Suffering means Enjoyment" Lagos traffic will teach you more lessons.....
Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by AgentGoat: 8:05am On Apr 17, 2022
fineboynl:

First option is how it is driven.

Nigerian always looking for the easy out.
Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by Udemzy05: 8:56am On Apr 17, 2022
Evolutionlove:

Only Suffer Heads People like Nigerians will say Manual Cars are easy and fun filled. "In Nigeria, Suffering means Enjoyment" Lagos traffic will teach you more lessons.....

I don't understand all this talk,if it is that bad why do will still have danfo drivers , inter-state drivers , even those transport companies going on long distance journey still using manual and even prefer manual?

Korope drivers are switching from automatic to manual , why if it is that bad?
Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by fineboynl(m): 10:21am On Apr 17, 2022
AgentGoat:

First option is how it is driven.

Nigerian always looking for the easy out.
do you mean the second option will damage the car
Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by AgentGoat: 11:16am On Apr 17, 2022
fineboynl:
do you mean the second option will damage the car

I'm not sure if it will.
Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
Can you drive a manual car ?
Re: I Have Observe Two Ways People Drive Manual Cars. by fineboynl(m): 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2023
Udemzy05:

I don't understand all this talk,if it is that bad why do will still have danfo drivers , inter-state drivers , even those transport companies going on long distance journey still using manual and even prefer manual?

Korope drivers are switching from automatic to manual , why if it is that bad?
they are doing so because it's cheap to use manual for transportation than auto. Auto is costly.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Major Differences Between 2004 Honda Odyssey And 2003 Toyota Sienna / Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive / Ew10 Engine Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.