Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

A-Z Of The UK Student Visa - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A-Z Of The UK Student Visa (404 Views)

Uk Student Visa Fees In Nigeria 2023 / Requirements For UK Student Visa From Nigeria: The Complete List / Download A-Z Of Jamb’s Use Of English PDF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A-Z Of The UK Student Visa by Olafran6(m): 7:34am On Apr 15, 2022
Click the link or type in your browser to read the complete post: olamidefrancis.substack.com. It is comprehensive with clear images.

This is an excerpt from the newsletter. Click the link above to read from the start.

......Now the next step is to research schools. You just muttered, “What should I be looking out for?” Okay. See some of the things you should be looking out for below.

The tuition fee of your chosen course: Know the amount for your course. There’s a list of some relatively cheap schools (by tuition fee, not my academic prowess) for international students below but always confirm from the school website.

Click the link or type in your browser to read the complete post: olamidefrancis.substack.com. It is comprehensive with clear images.

The tuition deposit for the school: Many schools offer a flexible payment plan. They always ask you to deposit an amount to secure your admission. For instance, for a £12,000, you may be asked to deposit between £3,000 and £5,000. This is just an example.

Payment plan for the balance of the tuition fee: Schools’ payment plan differs. For instance, some may spread their payment in two to three instalments. Some maybe three or four.

Course modules: Check your modules. Unless you just want to move and don’t care about what you want to study. I chose my school because it is a careers-led Uni and my course offers me the opportunity to function in any industry under the sector. Other schools modules were restricted to an aspect of the industry.

Entry requirements: You have to check this. Some schools are hell-bent on you writing the IELTS examination. Others may just ask for a pass in English in your WASSCE. Some schools require references. Others may not. If your school wants an IELTS, go write one now. The expiration time of the examination is two years. Below is a list of some schools that doesn’t require the IELTS exam.

6. Location of school: Yes. Know where the school is. The UK is made up of England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. So know where you are coming to. Most schools in London, the capital of England are expensive. And the cost of living is definitely high too. Just imagine a three-bedroom apartment in Osogbo and Lekki in Lagos. And right now bills are tripling up. But it’s nothing to fear.

7. Ranking of school: If you like, check your school ranking. For me, it’s not so important. I believe school is what you make out of it for yourself. But it does matter sometimes. The calibre of classmates and alumni are different. That’s why some people prefer a masters at Lagos Business School or Covenant University to any other university in Nigeria. Also, some schools have access to some opportunities than others too

8. Work availability in the region of the school: Yes. Ask if there are part-time jobs in the school you choose. Or the rate of commercial activities there. Even distance to where stuff is happening. Some schools are in remote regions where commercial activities are less. So, you might want to ask.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need Training On How To Pass Duolingo And Get High Score? / WASSCE 2022: WAEC Releases Result, Records 76.36% Pass / Quantitative Reasoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.