Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,476 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

How To Apply For / Renew A Nigerian Passport In The UK 2022 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Apply For / Renew A Nigerian Passport In The UK 2022 (10365 Views)

What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport / Nigeria Passport In 1982 When $1164.84 Was N800 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Apply For / Renew A Nigerian Passport In The UK 2022 by Emmyk(m): 9:51am On Apr 27, 2023
comonsavar:
It can be changed to a later date but I think it will be pure luck to find an earlier date.

Thanks. I didn't find the need to change it any longer. I went for capturing same February 17th. My passport got back to me last week - April 19th. That's same day they have on the slip I got.

2 Likes

Re: How To Apply For / Renew A Nigerian Passport In The UK 2022 by Jidekelechi: 9:21am On May 18, 2023
Hello All,

I hope this message finds you all in good health. I am writing to seek your kind assistance and support regarding my passport application, which has encountered an unexpected delay.

On the 8th of February, I went through the process of capturing my biometrics for my passport application in the UK. However, it has been several months since then, and I have yet to receive any updates or my passport. This situation is causing me significant distress as I have extended/upcoming travel plans that require a valid passport.

Experience Sharing:
If any of you have encountered a similar delay or issue with your passport application in the past, I would greatly appreciate your advice and guidance on how to resolve this matter efficiently.

Contacts or Resources:
If any of you have connections or contacts within the passport office or any relevant authority, I kindly request you to provide me with their details. Your assistance in connecting me with someone who can expedite the process or provide updates would be invaluable.

Suggestions or Alternatives:
If you have any suggestions or alternatives that may help in expediting the process or resolving the issue, please feel free to share them. I am open to exploring all viable options at this point.

I understand that everyone is busy with their own commitments, but your support in this matter would mean a lot to me. If you have any information or can assist me in any way, please reply to this message or contact me directly at jide.j.sanya@gmail.com

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Jide
Re: How To Apply For / Renew A Nigerian Passport In The UK 2022 by LOVELYnessbynat(f): 8:18pm On May 19, 2023
AbiWealth:
Thanks for the update on this group.

On my NiN my First Name and Middle name are correct but they are were used interchangeably.

On NIN, my first name was my middle name and on my passport my first name.

Will it affect the processing of the passport as I really need it?

Thanks
hi, have you got any update about your passport, because am in this problem as well, my passport is not yet delivered.
Re: How To Apply For / Renew A Nigerian Passport In The UK 2022 by leorayvon2k2: 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2023
Has yours been delivered?
Re: How To Apply For / Renew A Nigerian Passport In The UK 2022 by comonsavar: 11:27pm On Jun 16, 2023
leorayvon2k2:
Has yours been delivered?

Yes, 2 was delivered. But I made an error with one of the kids NIN in May 2022 and I rectified it in December. Still waiting for that to be delivered,fingers crossed.
Note; if your NIN is not verified your passport will not be printed. Click on link below to track your progress.

https://track.immigration.gov.ng/
Re: How To Apply For / Renew A Nigerian Passport In The UK 2022 by comonsavar: 11:36pm On Jun 16, 2023
Jidekelechi:
Hello All,

I hope this message finds you all in good health. I am writing to seek your kind assistance and support regarding my passport application, which has encountered an unexpected delay.

On the 8th of February, I went through the process of capturing my biometrics for my passport application in the UK. However, it has been several months since then, and I have yet to receive any updates or my passport. This situation is causing me significant distress as I have extended/upcoming travel plans that require a valid passport.

Experience Sharing:
If any of you have encountered a similar delay or issue with your passport application in the past, I would greatly appreciate your advice and guidance on how to resolve this matter efficiently.

Contacts or Resources:
If any of you have connections or contacts within the passport office or any relevant authority, I kindly request you to provide me with their details. Your assistance in connecting me with someone who can expedite the process or provide updates would be invaluable.

Suggestions or Alternatives:
If you have any suggestions or alternatives that may help in expediting the process or resolving the issue, please feel free to share them. I am open to exploring all viable options at this point.

I understand that everyone is busy with their own commitments, but your support in this matter would mean a lot to me. If you have any information or can assist me in any way, please reply to this message or contact me directly at jide.j.sanya@gmail.com

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Jide

Hello,
Hope it is not too late. Track it here
https://track.immigration.gov.ng/
Kindly update if you have sorted it out.
Re: How To Apply For / Renew A Nigerian Passport In The UK 2022 by comonsavar: 11:37pm On Jun 16, 2023
Olu3319:
Please I am finding it difficult doing a change of name on my passport due to marriage at the Nigerian Embassy in London. I cannot get the correct link with which to apply. Kindly help out. Thank you.

Any update?
Re: How To Apply For / Renew A Nigerian Passport In The UK 2022 by ritlala: 5:12am On Aug 18, 2023
Hello, I want to know if it is possible to go for passport renewal earlier than my appointment date or I can go without a date and pay some charges?
Re: How To Apply For / Renew A Nigerian Passport In The UK 2022 by Igbamatigbi: 10:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
Good evening, please how did you contact Nigerian embassy in London to know the issues with your passport? I did mine and up till now I have not received though I was given 13 next month to get it and someone we did together and stay in the same area has collected his.

I just want to know how you contacted them to know the issue for delay. Thanks

comonsavar:
My kids passport update;
Did 2 of my kids passport in JULY and got the passport 2nd of February.
Reason; NIN could not be activated due to a name that appeared on the passport application but was not on the NIN registration. But it was rectified and all was fine.

Did 1 in May for another kid but did the biggest mistake by adding a middle name during NIN registration and a different middle name on the application. I had to pay new payment to correct the NIN and it is still not activated. Until the NIN is activated passport will not printed.

So my advice, take your child's birth certificate to register your NIN. Make sure you have the certificate at hand when filling the application. That way everything will be fine. Don't ommit any name no matter how long the names are. The NIN and passport office can decide to shorten the name themselves if need be.
For adult, make sure you fill application and NIN with exactly the same name in the exact order .Very important.
Re: How To Apply For / Renew A Nigerian Passport In The UK 2022 by Kundagarten: 12:51am On Dec 15, 2023
Nice
Re: How To Apply For / Renew A Nigerian Passport In The UK 2022 by Eddibloc(m): 10:02am On Jan 16
comonsavar:
Hello Everyone,
Based on my Experience renewing my passport in March 2022 in the UK, I decided to do few post to help others. I saw some people going back and forth and people being stressed due to few requirements. So I decided to give a step by step ... All images are below...
1. Visit http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/
2. Click on "immigration" on the menu and then click "Requirement for E-Passport" . Choose " Re-issue of standard passport" if you want to renew your passport. Choose "First issue of passport" If this is your first time applying for a Nigerian passport. And the rest of the 2 options are self explanatory. http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/fees-processing-online
3. Click on your desired option and read through all the requirements and at the bottom there will be a link to click for the application form https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/.
4. Scroll down and click on your option and you will be directed to this website https://www.innovate1services.com/nis?appVars=cGFzc3BvcnQjIyNHQiMjIzYx . On this website, it gives 3 options to login using either Google, yahoo, OpenID . The great thing about this login is, you can login using the innovate1services website to make payment at anytime even if you don't have money straight away, and you can always correct any details before finally submitting it. For me I used my google login, which made it very easy to get assess to my application(s). You can up to 6 or more application forms in one login , that way you can pay for it all together. Which is perfect for family.
5. Fill the forms, and enter your NIN on the form if you have it , if don't have it leave it empty and complete your form. BUT IT IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT YOU GET YOUR NIN ,ELSE YOUR PASSPORT WILL NOT BE PRINTED. I will do a post specially for NIN. http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/uploads/news/EnhancedE-PassportRollout.pdf Click this link to view all NIN centres in the UK.
6. Once you have filled your form, then go ahead to make payment. IMPORTANT NOTE; MAKE SURE WHEN FILLING BANK CARD DETAILS , YOU PUT ONE OF APPLICANT NAME AS THE BANK CARD OWNER IF NOT , IT WILL BE REJECTED. So basically use your own or one of the other applicants card if more than one for the payment.
7. Once you are done, Please don't close the page. You need to print out the Application form, Aknowlegdement slip, Payment Slip . Check the images below you will see A SCREENSHOT that has Order details, on the right there are "actions" , you need to print out these 3 actions for each applicant. If you don't have a printer at home, click print and choose the option of save as pdf. Take all these files to the internet cafe / local library and print them all out. They are required to be printed out. You also need a copy of your NIN .
8. Now click on this link https://appointments.immigration.gov.ng/ , enter you application id and reference number , then choose a suitable date for you. TIP; YOU FILL IN YOUR FORM AND SUMBIT IT TO GENERATE application id and reference number EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE MONEY AT THE TIME YOU ARE SUBMITTING IT. Then you can use the " application id and reference number " generated to book an appointment. You can then pay later via innovate1services, the most important thing is, you need to pay before you go for your appointment and printout everything on step 7, very important.

Thanks for this info bro. I have done the application and made payment. But I still can’t find where to print the acknowledgement slip from.

I have others, but no link or spot to print the acknowledgment slip.
Please can anyone help me, my appointment is around the corner

(1) (2) (Reply)

Taiwan Plane Crash Kills 47 People And Injures 11 / Stealing At Murtala Mohammed Airport / Pls What's The Difference Between Fatal And Ghastly Accident?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.